Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.95rc1 (2023/01/07)  (Read 491658 times)

Mysticunicycle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.93rc3 (2021/04/18)
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2021, 04:21:48 PM »

Trying out some new ships in my new playthrough. I am unsure if I am doing something wrong, but the AI is exceptionally bad at piloting your ships for me. I have officers in Bliss frigates who quite literally will never engage the enemy, even though they are steady / aggressive personalities. It looks to me like they can't decide how they want to position, since the weapons are largely broadside. Any tips?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2021, 10:43:36 PM »

The default loadouts works pretty well with the AI, you can start by using those before customizing them to you liking. Also, never leave the rear mounts empty or only with PD in them: without a proper gun there, the AI won't behave as a broadsider nearly as well as with one. If you still have issues, just spam tactical lasers on your Bliss and it will be an exceptional harasser.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »

Gotta say it really ruins the atmosphere to have a Brexit joke in the faction description and a planet named Rittenhouse.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »

I have no idea what could be referencing Brexit in the faction description, but David Rittenhouse is a famous astronomer of the XVIIIth century and was the first director of the United States Mint (which is fitting for a system named after caretakers and custodians).

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »

I have no idea what could be referencing Brexit in the faction description, but David Rittenhouse is a famous astronomer of the XVIIIth century and was the first director of the United States Mint (which is fitting for a system named after caretakers and custodians).

Ah, okay. The Second to last paragraph, about Cycle 167, reads a lot like Brexit what with Johnson's Leave campaign winning a razor thin margin over Remain.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2021, 02:17:51 PM »

That part is deliberately written to be reminiscent of any contentious votes that always end up conveniently close after so much disinformation and manipulation that the result can hardly be representative of anything. You may think it references Brexit, I think it represents my countries elections, other will get reminded of other events... The fact you took it personally means it works as intended.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2021, 02:43:13 PM »

Ah, okay. The Second to last paragraph, about Cycle 167, reads a lot like Brexit what with Johnson's Leave campaign winning a razor thin margin over Remain.

Incidentally if you get familiar enough with history, you'll find there are very few original stories in contemporary media. Best just to roll with it :)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2021, 02:50:09 PM »

That part is deliberately written to be reminiscent of any contentious votes that always end up conveniently close after so much disinformation and manipulation that the result can hardly be representative of anything. You may think it references Brexit, I think it represents my countries elections, other will get reminded of other events... The fact you took it personally means it works as intended.

Eh, history repeating is pretty normal, it's just that there are the same names involved that makes it sound more like a joke than a serious story.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2021, 04:11:04 PM »

I mean if it's really that much of an issue no one is forcing you to play the mod, you realise?

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2021, 05:08:37 PM »

When using the Detailed Combat Results mod and looking at my combat reports, it lists the Invocation Launcher as doing zero EMP.

Since the description lists EMP damage, and from my admittedly likely amateurish testing, it seems to actually do the EMP damage, I am assuming the bug lies somewhere with DCR, and I did leave a comment over there. But I dont know where exactly the problem is. (And there is a reason why I post the comment here as well.)

My first assumption was that, due to the way the weapon deals damage, there would be an issue. However, the other damage to shields, armor and hull are listed, so I kinda doubt that.

The other possibility would be that it actually doesnt do any EMP damage, and my testing was only the actual Energy damage disabling the weapons. I dont know if there is a way to tell the difference between an EMP disabled weapon and one disabled by other damage, to me they look the same. That is the reason why I left a comment over here as well.

Of course, there are a million other things that could be going wrong as well, especially considering my large mod list, but this is as much as I know how to do. (If you want my mod list, I can post it as well.)

I hope this helps fix something, and sorry if this wasnt the mod causing issues.

EDIT: From the DCR thread:

-snip-

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.  It should at least report it as "Unknown Energy" and be in the EMP column.

Edit:
Just put it in the debugger, there is no EMP damage being reported at all to the damage listeners via the in game Combat Engine.  So one of two possibilities:
* Invocation Launcher doesn't actually do EMP
* Game Engine doesn't report the EMP damage that the IL is doing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:40:58 PM by Celepito »

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »

Well, I found and fixed the problem, its ready for you to implement in the next update.

Namely, it was indeed connected to the way the Invocation Launcher deals damage, but not quite like I thought. Its simply just what is basically a typo in the section of weapon_data.csv for the secondary projectile spawned by the explosion of the primary one.

This is how it looks normally right now (only spoilered, since the code block doesnt let me format it the way I want):

Spoiler
name,id,tier,rarity,base value,range,damage/second,damage/shot,emp,impact,turn rate,OPs,ammo,ammo/sec,reload size,type,energy/shot,energy/second,chargeup,chargedown,burst size,burst delay,min spread,max spread,spread/shot,spread decay/sec,beam speed,proj speed,launch speed,flight time,proj hitpoints,autofireAccBonus,extraArcForAI,hints,tags,groupTag,tech/manufacturer,for weapon tooltip>>,primaryRoleStr,speedStr,trackingStr,turnRateStr,accuracyStr,customPrimary,customPrimaryHL,customAncillary,customAncillaryHL,noDPSInTooltip,number

# SPAWNED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,ora_invoked,,,,400,,100,,100,0,10,,,,ENERGY,,,,,,,0,0,0,0,,1000,,,100,,,SYSTEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[close]

The bold part is the important stuff. It seems like you put the number in the wrong place (or made a double comma or something).

Simply adding another 100, or moving the one from impact to emp, does the trick, like so:

Spoiler
# SPAWNED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,ora_invoked,,,,400,,100,100,100,0,10,,,,ENERGY,,,,,,,0,0,0,0,,1000,,,100,,,SYSTEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[close]

Happy to be of service!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:53:59 AM by Celepito »

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2021, 10:35:25 PM »

Probably a rather nonsensical question to ask, but does the ORA exist in the same "Universe" as the Stellar Imperium? I was looking over the flavor text for the Battle of Camellia and it mentioned privateering the "Ex-Vis" trade routes to fund the civil war, and unless I am hallucinating that's the Imperium's home system. It really has nothing to do with gameplay or otherwise, but it would just be cool if I didn't misunderstand that line and these two factions canonically exist together.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2021, 02:36:21 AM »

It's probably a reference to some book since I like Easter eggs, but while I can't remember which one precisely I can tell you it's not from Star Wars.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2021, 07:53:59 AM »

Thanks for the info! And I didn't mean THAT Stellar Imperium lol. I was referring to the Starsector mod with the Romanesque-AI worshippers. I mentioned it because given the position of Ex-Vis on the stellar charts Camellian Privateers could quite easily raid a convoy running from the Imperium to the Core.

Dtox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.93rc3 (2021/04/18)
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2022, 10:06:29 PM »

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this mod. I'm relatively new to starsector, and when I went from playing the base game to branching out to nexerelin and additional mods I never cared to actually start as any faction in particular, whether they were vanilla or modded. O.R.A. was the first time I felt interested starting with a faction, and flying a fleet of just their ships has been a blast! They have a great aesthetic, they stand out very uniquely from everyone else without seeming too alien, and I'm especially enjoying how their weapons work/sound. Really I find myself just wanting more ships and weapons to use with them lol.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20