Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.96] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v3.8 (2023-08-26)  (Read 188367 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v3.7 (2021-04-29)
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:46 PM »

Cooperative Multiplayer Combat updated to v3.7
  • Updated for StarSector .95a
  • Backwards compatible
  • Added PREV_TARGET key, so it's now possible to cycle through targets both directions
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:07:31 PM by Nick XR »

dasmatarix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2021, 01:34:24 AM »

Awesome mod btw, thank-you for updating, I've been playing with a friend over Parsec.

danando123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »

Not useful to me, but is PRETTY COOL! if only there was online multiplayer LMAO, like 4 player coop where each has their own fleets etc

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2021, 02:08:44 AM »

In theory it should be possible to play multiplayer game by casting your screen to another player player and using couch co-op controls. Obviously with lags, but for certain ships *coughparagon*cough* it might just work. No Alex's dev time needed.

UPD
Awesome mod btw, thank-you for updating, I've been playing with a friend over Parsec.
wait hold on, are you implying it's already working like this for you?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »

In theory it should be possible to play multiplayer game by casting your screen to another player player and using couch co-op controls. Obviously with lags, but for certain ships *coughparagon*cough* it might just work. No Alex's dev time needed.

UPD
wait hold on, are you implying it's already working like this for you?

The mod works, it's couch coop for battles.  It's like you're an officer in a friends fleet.

brm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2021, 11:20:51 PM »

How do talents apply? Does the person taking over a ship get the officer on the ship's talents or the main characters talents?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2021, 01:20:40 PM »

How do talents apply? Does the person taking over a ship get the officer on the ship's talents or the main characters talents?

Officer on the ships talents.

brm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »

Awesome, thanks.

Considering doing a playthrough with a friend remote and was curious.

drugon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2021, 05:15:11 AM »

Is there any detector if a weapon group is set to autofire or not? Haven't noticed it. If there is not - can it be added then please?

Also. Just tried Ambush mission and phase assault frigate antimatter blaster turret doesn't work in automatic mode for some reason. I set it to group 2 but that didn't help either.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:03:54 AM by drugon »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2021, 09:20:33 AM »

Is there any detector if a weapon group is set to autofire or not? Haven't noticed it. If there is not - can it be added then please?

Also. Just tried Ambush mission and phase assault frigate antimatter blaster turret doesn't work in automatic mode for some reason. I set it to group 2 but that didn't help either.

I just tested it with an afflictor that has two AM blasters in the forwards slots and an ion cannon in the 360 slot, each set of weapons in their own group, each group set to auto-fire.  The ion cannon rotated and shot at stuff as long as it wasn't the currently selected weapon group (the currently selected weapon group is always fixed forward since there's no mouse support for player 2+).

I'm not clear on what you're seeing that's an issue (and not part of the `Player-game interface changes` section)

drugon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2021, 04:03:30 PM »

That's strange. I tested it about ten times and gun just didn't work sometimes and sometimes it shoot automatically but didn't rotate.

As for interface - it's impossible to say now if weapon is set to autofire or no other than just test it or turn it in ship editor.

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2022, 11:56:44 AM »

Sorry for the necro, but after having a lot of fun playing this for dozens of hours into a campaign, I've suddenly run into a game-stopping bug.

I'm playing as player 2, and despite not having this problem for the first 30-40 hours of the campaign, suddenly any ship that I use disables autofire on weapon group 2.

I tried switching to weapon group 2 and enabling autofire, but it disables it again as soon as I switch away.

I double checked to make sure autofire is enabled in the loadout and it is enabled.

I couldn't replicate this in simulator, and I recall that it started happening just as we joined a large fight with lots of non-player allies and enemies. For some reason the mod didn't remember what ship I had selected and I had to flip through ships until I got to mine, and I noticed that my guns weren't firing shortly after that.

If there's any further information that might help let me know.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2022, 11:00:10 PM »

Sorry for the necro, but after having a lot of fun playing this for dozens of hours into a campaign, I've suddenly run into a game-stopping bug.

I'm playing as player 2, and despite not having this problem for the first 30-40 hours of the campaign, suddenly any ship that I use disables autofire on weapon group 2.

I tried switching to weapon group 2 and enabling autofire, but it disables it again as soon as I switch away.

I double checked to make sure autofire is enabled in the loadout and it is enabled.

I couldn't replicate this in simulator, and I recall that it started happening just as we joined a large fight with lots of non-player allies and enemies. For some reason the mod didn't remember what ship I had selected and I had to flip through ships until I got to mine, and I noticed that my guns weren't firing shortly after that.

If there's any further information that might help let me know.
Not a necro, the mod still works!

I'm guessing this is still happening after a reload?  Is Auto Fire enabled in the ship loadout for group 2?  Would you test if starting a new game has this issue?
I'll stare at the code and see if I can figure anything out.

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2023, 10:18:37 AM »

Sorry for the Necro anyone seeing this because of it. I'm having issues with "Insert"ing player 2. I Changed the key to see if that works and have tried many times to get it to work. Before I assume this mod is broken by the sands of time, when do you push the insert button exactly on the deployment screen?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »

Sorry for the Necro anyone seeing this because of it. I'm having issues with "Insert"ing player 2. I Changed the key to see if that works and have tried many times to get it to work. Before I assume this mod is broken by the sands of time, when do you push the insert button exactly on the deployment screen?

This coop combat mod still works.  Are you using the default configuration?  Use it by pressing the Player2 key when combat starts.  Try it in the simulator and make sure you have two ships deployed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7