Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Station Repair vs Field Repair  (Read 4915 times)

Squish Cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Station Repair vs Field Repair
« on: January 28, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »

Will using station services to repair your ship cost less in supplies, or is it the same as doing field repairs while flying around?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:49:38 PM by Squish Cat »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Station Repair vs Field Repair
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »

Will using station services to repair your ship cost less in supplies, or is it the same as doing field repairs while flying around?
Technically station is cheaper due to you not paying monthly maintenance I think
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »

I think you mean Technically it costs the same but repairing by fleet itself takes extra supplies in maintenance when your waiting.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 01:10:07 AM »

To be extra precise, the monthly cost is ignored for ships that are currently repairing, so you only paying for the ships already at full CR, and your crew if you play with SS+. So the difference is actually in your favor if you use that repair time to travel, and it cost you a bit more if you are just waiting in orbit.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »

And you have the risk of running into another pirate or something and having to fight with your flagship halfway repaired. I'd consider that as cost too.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »

When I started playing I thought Station repair is more supply efficient and played accordingly. It makes sense thematically that being docked is beneficial to repairing ships in contrast to fixing stuff on the move. 

It would give more options and add a risk reward decision. Risk suspending repairs and flying not at full combat strength for cheaper repairs at a station. 

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »

When I started playing I thought Station repair is more supply efficient and played accordingly. It makes sense thematically that being docked is beneficial to repairing ships in contrast to fixing stuff on the move. 

It would give more options and add a risk reward decision. Risk suspending repairs and flying not at full combat strength for cheaper repairs at a station. 

I like this. It makes sense and adds a "defender's advantage" to fighting closer to friendly stations. I think this is a good thing and would also tie into the surveying and outposts. Strategically located strongholds that require high surveying to establish but offer some convenience and a good place to bunker down during a space siege. Lots of late game potential there.