Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 270749 times)

NuclearStudent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.3 (2022-08-09)
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2022, 11:09:57 AM »

Two real dumb questions:

Where/how does this mod export results to an external text file? There's toTsv methods so I assume that's done somewhere, but I'm smallbraining on where the results actually are.

Second, I'm trying to compile this mod on its own to modify it to autoprint the results of sims, but am having some trouble with the dependencies. Specifically I'm baffled by the following:

https://imgur.com/a/bIbCxTf

Damaging explosions is in starsectorobf and I dunno how to access it. I'm pretty sure I'm making an embarrassingly simple mistake. Same with my failure to import Pair. Everything else is importing fine. *** around with it in a public project here. https://github.com/CandyJanus/DetailedCombatResults_printout

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:27:04 AM by NuclearStudent »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2022, 12:47:08 PM »

Two real dumb questions:

Where/how does this mod export results to an external text file? There's toTsv methods so I assume that's done somewhere, but I'm smallbraining on where the results actually are.

Second, I'm trying to compile this mod on its own to modify it to autoprint the results of sims, but am having some trouble with the dependencies. Specifically I'm baffled by the following:

https://imgur.com/a/bIbCxTf

Damaging explosions is in starsectorobf and I dunno how to access it. I'm pretty sure I'm making an embarrassingly simple mistake. Same with my failure to import Pair. Everything else is importing fine. *** around with it in a public project here. https://github.com/CandyJanus/DetailedCombatResults_printout

Thanks!

No clue about your build issues.  I use IntelliJ and a bat file to do my final builds.  I tried for an hour once to get Gradle working but it was really frustrating and I don't do modding to deal with that class of irritation (that's stuff I have to get paid to endure).

Oddly enough DCR used to support missions and dumping data to TSV files, but no one used it for 3 years and it was a pain to maintain so I ripped it out.  I'll hit you up on discord to explain how I'd go about dealing with it now.

NuclearStudent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2022, 12:48:49 PM »

Thanks!

Yeah fair I'll figure it out. I think bats don't do hotswaps, which is why I stick with gradle.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.3.0 (2022-10-25)
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2022, 10:13:19 PM »

5.3.0 release, link in original post
  Configuration values can now be configured via Luna (Thanks Lukas04)
  Additional support for mods specifying damage or clarifying unknown damages
  Modification of vanilla on-hit effects to specify and clarify their damages
  Mod Authors to integrate (soft dependency), please look at the file: https://bitbucket.org/NickWWest/starsectorcombatanalytics/src/master/CombatAnalyticsMod/src/data/scripts/DCRIntegration.java

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2023, 04:25:41 PM »

hi liral, i wrote this in starship legends as well, but i suspect this mod conflicts with that mod since it's the only mod that overhauls damage percentages and the like

this is what i wrote in the last paragraph in the post: "none of the battles register, they happen but when i see the battle log it shows as if none of my ships did any damage or receive any, it only logs when a ship is destroyed and this is extremely annoying as i will quickly get insubordinate crews and negative buffs."

i may be completely wrong on this mod conflicting, but i mean it's my only suspect at the moment

Hey, Liral. I'm trying to resolve the issue turtlebacons recently brought to my attention (as described above). I was hoping your DamageReportManagerV1 class would be a good solution, but I'm having trouble getting getDamageReports to return anything other than an empty list. I suspect that I'm not using the class as intended. Would you be kind enough to explain the correct usage to me? Feel free to PM me here or on Discord (Sundog#3161) if you'd prefer to keep this thread clean.

NickXR of Detailed Combat Results wrote DamageReportManagerV1, which I slightly modified, for this purpose to establish compatibility with Realistic Combat, the source code of which uses the class in listeners/DamageModel.java, scripts/DamageReportManagerV1.java, and scripts/DamageReportV1.java.  We had thought that someone else might use the class one day, and I am happy to learn that you would like to.  Accordingly, you might not be the last, so perhaps the three of us should document how to use the class in its code.

Aeradom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2023, 01:38:31 PM »

This is probably a dumb question but I'm curious how this mod interacts with Fleet Combat History. Are they compatible? Do they do the same thing? From reading the description, it seems this one is more for the individual battle and the other is for history or multiple battles. Is this correct?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2023, 01:45:44 PM »

This is probably a dumb question but I'm curious how this mod interacts with Fleet Combat History. Are they compatible? Do they do the same thing? From reading the description, it seems this one is more for the individual battle and the other is for history or multiple battles. Is this correct?

There's no interaction between the two mods so they are fully compatible.  Your interpretation of the difference between the mods is correct.  The thing this mod does that no other mod does (to my knowledge) is a per-weapon breakdown of damage.  I find it useful for tuning ship load-outs or balancing weapons and ships if you're making a mod.

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2023, 02:23:15 AM »

Seems can't be removed safely mow? I can't find 'MaxCombatResultCount' in the json. The most similar stuff is 'Max combat results to keep' in lunalib's setting. But the value can't be lower than 10.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2023, 06:42:20 AM »

Seems can't be removed safely mow? I can't find 'MaxCombatResultCount' in the json. The most similar stuff is 'Max combat results to keep' in lunalib's setting. But the value can't be lower than 10.
That is definitely an oversight by @Nick XR. To resolve:

1. Open up the LunaSettings.csv file in the '\mods\DetailedCombatResults\data\config' folder in Notepad++ or equivalent.

2. Find the line that reads as:

DetailedCombatResults,dcr_MaxCombatResultCount,Max combat results to keep,Int,50,The maximum number of combat results to store (oldest are removed first),false,200,10,

3. Change the last part of the line from ',false,200,10,' to ',false,200,0,' and the line will now be:

DetailedCombatResults,dcr_MaxCombatResultCount,Max combat results to keep,Int,50,The maximum number of combat results to store (oldest are removed first),false,200,0,

4. Don't forget to save the changes and restart Starsector (changes won't be recognized until full re-load of the game).

That should allow you to change that value in the LunaLib in-game menu to 0.

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2023, 08:23:58 AM »

That is definitely an oversight by @Nick XR. To resolve:

1. Open up the LunaSettings.csv file in the '\mods\DetailedCombatResults\data\config' folder in Notepad++ or equivalent.

2. Find the line that reads as:

DetailedCombatResults,dcr_MaxCombatResultCount,Max combat results to keep,Int,50,The maximum number of combat results to store (oldest are removed first),false,200,10,

3. Change the last part of the line from ',false,200,10,' to ',false,200,0,' and the line will now be:

DetailedCombatResults,dcr_MaxCombatResultCount,Max combat results to keep,Int,50,The maximum number of combat results to store (oldest are removed first),false,200,0,

4. Don't forget to save the changes and restart Starsector (changes won't be recognized until full re-load of the game).

That should allow you to change that value in the LunaLib in-game menu to 0.

Oh thanks! I'll try it.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2023, 11:12:22 AM »

Ah, good catch.  I'll get this fixed up to something simpler in the next release.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Detailed Combat Results v5.3.1 (2023-05-06)
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2023, 05:46:25 PM »

v5.3.1 Release
 Upgrade to Starsector .96a
 Changes to support DEM missiles (Thanks DR)
 Improvements to ignoring exploding ship damage logic

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2023, 07:04:36 PM »

Found a tiny typo mistake in LunaSettings.scv here:

dcr_ShipCountLimit,Ship display limit,Int,15,,The maximum number of ships to display comat results for. If this is large it will be slow.,5,25,

And seems the default minValue of dcr_MaxCombatResultCount didn't change yet (neither the To remove this mod in the front page).
So maby I should keep using the method above to remove safely in this version?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:22:14 PM by saya39 »

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »

Thank  you for fast  update.
1. in the mod list is still  announced only old version  old your mod.
 https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
2. could  you improve  the after battle  stat, so that line with weapon say, how many of these weapon  are there. Best would be, give an info in a form total OP per dmg ratio. Such info clearly say the efficiency of the  weapon.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Detailed Combat Results v5.3.2 (2023-05-13)
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2023, 08:38:36 AM »

v5.3.2 release
 All settings now done through Luna (still a soft dependency)
 Results UI now tracks damage repaired (requires mods to report damage repaired)
 New uninstall LunaLib setting
 Save compatible
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20