Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267259 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.2 (2022-07-08)
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2022, 01:14:22 PM »

Hey Nick,

My Realistic Combat mod is not compatible with Detailed Combat Results, but I want it to be.  Could they become compatible; if so, how, and would you like them to be?  Realistic Combat overrides almost the entire Starsector damage model by giving every ship a DamageListener that triggers custom damage code and then zeroes the damage of whatever projectile, missile, or beam called it.

I 100% want them to be compatible!  Quality data to make good decisions is a human right, no matter what mods you use :)

I'm working on Ed Shipyard stuff right now, but when I finish with that I'll switch back over to DCR to think about this (and check out your mod!).  When I get to that I'll hit you up and we can brain storm.

In the few minutes I've spent thinking about this in the past, ideally we pass the info as simple objects over a common bus (Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData()) so players don't have to have each other mods installed for our mods to work individually (no hard dependencies).

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2022, 01:52:55 PM »

I 100% want them to be compatible!  Quality data to make good decisions is a human right, no matter what mods you use :)

Yaaaaaaay! :D

I'm working on Ed Shipyard stuff right now, but when I finish with that I'll switch back over to DCR to think about this (and check out your mod!).  When I get to that I'll hit you up and we can brain storm.

Ok!

In the few minutes I've spent thinking about this in the past, ideally we pass the info as simple objects over a common bus (Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData()) so players don't have to have each other mods installed for our mods to work individually (no hard dependencies).

This idea sounds sensible: my mod conveniently totals inflicted compartment (aka armor) and hull damage numbers of every shot and beam tick for the replacement floating damage text it displays.  As far as I understand, DetailedCombatResults wants either these two numbers or their sum, so I could pass them to Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData() in the following object:

Code
/**
* Contains the {@code float} armor damage and {@code float} hull damage a
* {@link DamagingProjectileAPI}, {@link MissileAPI}, or {@link BeamAPI} has inflicted.
* <p></p>
* Create a DamageReport after calculating the armor and hull damage and pass it to
* Global.getCombatEngine as custom data for DetailedCombatResults to record and consume.
*/
class DamageReport {

private final float armorDamage, hullDamage;
    private final Object source;

private DamageReport(float armorDamage, float hullDamage, DamagingProjectileAPI projectile) {
        this.armorDamage = armorDamage; this.hullDamage = hullDamage;
        source = projectile;
    }

private DamageReport(float armorDamage, float hullDamage, MissileAPI missile) {
        source = missile;
    }

private DamageReport(float armorDamage, float hullDamage, BeamAPI beam) {
        source = beam;
    }

/**
    * Returns the {@code float} armor damage a {@link DamagingProjectileAPI},
    * {@link MissileAPI}, or {@link BeamAPI} has inflicted.
    */
    public float getArmorDamage() { return armorDamage; }

/**
    * Returns the {@code float} hull damage a {@link DamagingProjectileAPI},
    * {@link MissileAPI}, or {@link BeamAPI} has inflicted.
    */
    public float getHullDamage() { return hullDamage; }

/**
    * Returns the {@link DamagingProjectileAPI}, {@link MissileAPI}, or {@link BeamAPI}
    * that inflicted the {@code float} armor damage and {@code float} hull damage of
    * this {@link DamageReport}.
    */
    public Object getSource() { return source; }

}

DCR could iterate through Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData(), hoovering-up and deleting DamageReports as it went.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:07:43 PM by Liral »

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2022, 01:09:43 AM »

Detailed Combat Results v5.2.2 released (DL Link in main post)
Bugfix release, thanks for the reports everyone! (save compatible):
  • Ship count limit now configurable via JSON (for intel display)
  • Updated wording for enemy fleet damage dealt
  • Lightning gun from SWP now has its damage recorded correctly
  • Don't process missile damages 2x (was caused by processing explosion damage and then missile damage)
  • Don't count launched missiles as a part of a fleet

Thanks for the great job. This is my must have mod. But version 5.2.2 seems break save when I upgrade from version 5.2.1. Need to start a new game?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2022, 09:31:53 AM »

• Don't process missile damages 2x (was caused by processing explosion damage and then missile damage)

Thanks for the great job. This is my must have mod. But version 5.2.2 seems break save when I upgrade from version 5.2.1. Need to start a new game?

No, there shouldn't have been any save format changes. :/ 

Do you have a stack trace I could look at?

berkenkamp25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2022, 11:57:17 PM »

This mod is absolutely fantastic and really encourages evaluating things differently. Great Work!

Question: Does this mod attribute wings damage dealt to the carrier? I fought a few battles, haven't seen any of my carriers show up, they were remnant scintillas. I did get a report for this Tempest though.

Are my scintilla's really this bad? :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:05:34 AM by berkenkamp25 »

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2022, 10:59:55 AM »

No, there shouldn't have been any save format changes. :/ 

Do you have a stack trace I could look at?

It turn out my game working with 5.2.2 again. Maybe the save break was caused by other mod. Thank you for quick feedback!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2022, 05:12:10 PM »

This mod is absolutely fantastic and really encourages evaluating things differently. Great Work!

Question: Does this mod attribute wings damage dealt to the carrier? I fought a few battles, haven't seen any of my carriers show up, they were remnant scintillas. I did get a report for this Tempest though.

Are my scintilla's really this bad? :(

Generally speaking each fighter type is treated as an individual type of weapon.

What's your loadout on the scintilla?  I can put it in a debugger and see what info is being captured and what is not.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.3 (2022-08-09)
« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2022, 10:07:39 AM »

Detailed Combat Results v5.2.3 released (DL Link in main post)
Minor feature release (save compatible):
  • Supports having damage values supplied by mods (specifically Realistic Combat)

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2022, 11:04:25 AM »

Detailed Combat Results v5.2.3 released (DL Link in main post)
Minor feature release (save compatible):
  • Supports having damage values supplied by mods (specifically Realistic Combat)

Yaaaaaay! :D

xZarif

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »

Hi, I love your mod and have used it on multiple playthroughs. Really helps one break down fleet strengths and weaknesses. Regarding your last update to support mods like Realistic Combat, I have been using these two together and seemingly ran into a bug. My carriers don't seem to track the stats of deployed wings. I.e., in the detailed combat results, the only damage displayed by carriers is any onboard weapons, no e.g., fighters/bombers. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/mAc4dIg
This occurs in combats where I know for certain the wings are dealing damage. Do you know if this is a problem on this mod's side, or should I report this bug on the Realistic Combat thread? Thanks!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2022, 03:49:18 PM »

Hi, I love your mod and have used it on multiple playthroughs. Really helps one break down fleet strengths and weaknesses. Regarding your last update to support mods like Realistic Combat, I have been using these two together and seemingly ran into a bug. My carriers don't seem to track the stats of deployed wings. I.e., in the detailed combat results, the only damage displayed by carriers is any onboard weapons, no e.g., fighters/bombers. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/mAc4dIg
This occurs in combats where I know for certain the wings are dealing damage. Do you know if this is a problem on this mod's side, or should I report this bug on the Realistic Combat thread? Thanks!

I'd talk to Liral about it, for Realistic Combat, DCR is simply rendering the damages reported to it.  So if something is missing, it's probably not reported.

xZarif

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2022, 04:06:25 PM »

I'd talk to Liral about it, for Realistic Combat, DCR is simply rendering the damages reported to it.  So if something is missing, it's probably not reported.

Makes sense, plus they've already fixed one of my reported bugs!

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2022, 12:37:32 AM »

Thanks for the update! This mod is invaluable for trying to understand what's going on in combat.

Is it possible to change it to account for scripted damage? I'm thinking in particular of the additional armor damage from Breach, which is via script found in com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.BreachOnHitEffect. I don't think it counts those damages currently.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »

Thanks for the update! This mod is invaluable for trying to understand what's going on in combat.

Is it possible to change it to account for scripted damage? I'm thinking in particular of the additional armor damage from Breach, which is via script found in com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.BreachOnHitEffect. I don't think it counts those damages currently.

Yikes, that script is just updating the armor values of the ship, it's not applying damage in the normal sense at all :/ 

Normal logged hits to armor are already a mild nightmare to figure out because of mitigation (it's hard to make and educated guess as to what did the damage if the damage number looks like no weapon that is equipped). 
There are parts of code where we just hard code how to handle stuff, this might be a case for that.  But generally I try to solve everything algorithmically so all mods work too.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2022, 12:50:33 AM »

I just want to mention that the IR Autopulse Laser from Figher Expansion Rebalanced doesn't register any damage in the report. I don't know if that's a bug or intentional.  Weapon was used during missions, but other weapons registered damages, except for the IR Autopulse Laser (was a medium fit).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 12:53:26 AM by Donahue »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19