Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267248 times)

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.1.2 (2021-05-26)
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2021, 02:03:20 AM »

I noticed that with this mod certain weapons (like the [redacted] rift laser and doom's mines) sometimes show ridiculously high damage values listed in "mines" section. i'm assuming it can be due to the fact that damage dealt against multiple blocks is added together?

is that intended behaviour?

also sometimes damage of certain ships or weapons is listed as exactly 0 (even though it should not be the case), but I have a heavily modded game so this aspect is going to be hard to track because it does not repro every time.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2021, 09:18:27 AM »

I noticed that with this mod certain weapons (like the [redacted] rift laser and doom's mines) sometimes show ridiculously high damage values listed in "mines" section. i'm assuming it can be due to the fact that damage dealt against multiple blocks is added together?

is that intended behaviour?
Yeah, that's how much damage that weapon has reported as doing. And we report the sum of all damages done to all real ships (not fighters). The explosion part identifies itself internally as a 'mine', hence the name.

also sometimes damage of certain ships or weapons is listed as exactly 0 (even though it should not be the case), but I have a heavily modded game so this aspect is going to be hard to track because it does not repro every time.

Not sure on that one, we don't show weapon damages if it's less than 25 AND hasn't killed any fighters.

halloween20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »

as i was "browsing" my latest battle report i thought that one thing might help as a QoL improvement.
that is, if it is possible to add though...

would it be possible to (lightly) highligt a row in the table showing what weapon did what in the fight once you hover with the mouse over it?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2021, 01:24:30 PM »

as i was "browsing" my latest battle report i thought that one thing might help as a QoL improvement.

would it be possible to (lightly) highligt a row in the table showing what weapon did what in the fight once you hover with the mouse over it?

That's a good idea!  But I don't think it's possible with the built-in UX controls. 

I might be able to alternate the row colors slightly.  Maybe.    I'll add it to the list of things to investigate. Thanks!

halloween20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2021, 06:12:34 AM »

it should be possible somehow (if not, that would be something for alex to implement :P )

on other ingame screens these mechanismus is working...

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »

That's a good idea!  But I don't think it's possible with the built-in UX controls. 

I might be able to alternate the row colors slightly.  Maybe.    I'll add it to the list of things to investigate. Thanks!

You can place an area checkbox (TooltipMakerAPI.addAreaCheckbox()) under each row so that it lights up when moused over.

Not sure if it will work with built-in tables, but here's how it looks in mine

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »

You can place an area checkbox (TooltipMakerAPI.addAreaCheckbox()) under each row so that it lights up when moused over.

Not sure if it will work with built-in tables, but here's how it looks in mine

Ooo!  That's cool!  I'll try this.  Thanks!

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2021, 03:14:14 PM »

It's not working for me.
More specifically, pressing L on the campaign map gives me the option of all battles, or back. Selecting all battles just kicks me back to the campaign map.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »

It's not working for me.
More specifically, pressing L on the campaign map gives me the option of all battles, or back. Selecting all battles just kicks me back to the campaign map.

You've fought at least one battle?  When you select an option for how many battles to use to "analyze", it'll create a new Intel entry (press 'e').  That intel entry lasts for a few days.

Does that make sense? 

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2021, 06:59:51 AM »

I don't know whether this is a known issue, but damage done by Flash fighters isn't being reported (or occasionally, is being severely underreported). However, the modular Proximity Charge Launcher mounted on regular ships appears to be reporting its damage properly.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.0 (2021-12-20)
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2021, 10:51:12 AM »

Detailed Combat Results v5.2.0 released (DL Link in main post)
  • Updated to .95.1a
  • Save Compatible
  • Now tracks missiles intercepted
  • Now tracks explosion damage in a more robust manner (greatly improved accuracy)
  • General improvements to damage detection accuracy

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2021, 12:52:03 AM »

Happy to report that Flash damage is being reported with the new patch. Kudos!

I noticed that Reality Disruptor's missile tallies are reported but not its actual damage. Are there plans to include this in a future update?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2021, 01:46:48 AM »

Happy to report that Flash damage is being reported with the new patch. Kudos!
Oh good! It was on my list of stuff to look at.

I noticed that Reality Disruptor's missile tallies are reported but not its actual damage. Are there plans to include this in a future update?
Hmmm, I'll take a look at it.  Weapons that do exotic things are hard to track, but for vanilla ones I can hard code it (that's how Motes work)  :shudder:

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.1 (2021-12-23)
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2021, 09:58:12 PM »

Detailed Combat Results v5.2.1 released (DL Link in main post)
  • Bugfixes
  • Save Compatible

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Detailed Combat Results v5.2.1 (2021-12-23)
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2022, 02:31:45 AM »

One significant discrepancy is that the combat results refer to "Deployment Points", but is actually using the fleet points value instead. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzIQSBCbo4

Total destroyed ships were 11 Radiants, 20 Brilliants, 15 Fulgents, 14 Glimmers, and 14 Lumens. You can see at the end of the video that the combat results report "1054 deployment points" (which is the fleet points total of the destroyed ships per ship_data.csv), but the destroyed ship deployment points is actually 1451. This is confirmed by the Clean Disengage window:

The discrepancy comes from the variance between DP and FP: for example, Radiants are worth 60 DP but only 30 FP, while Lumens are worth 4 DP but 8 FP. Fleet points aren't actually used by the player in any way (since the game uses them internally for things like autoresolve and combat difficulty/XP) while deployment points are critical to players as a measure of odds during live combat.

Would it be possible to update the report using actual deployed DP instead of the FP from ship_data.csv? I noticed that Alex has started to display actual deployment points in the Fleet and Refit screens for players as well, so it seems much more consistent to use player-facing DP than the internal FP measure in the results. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19