Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267176 times)

gogis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.0.0 (2024-04-25)
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2021, 05:06:01 AM »

v5.0
 SAVE COMPATIBLE.  Probably, but not tested.
 Updated to support StarSector .95
 Can now be localized, current localization is English
 Uses StarSector .95 damage listener system to give much more accurate values for damage.
 Now properly tracks (didn't before):
  • plasma cannons
  • Flak weapons
  • Doom Mines
  • Mines generally
  • storyline "things"
  • collision damage
  • on-hit effects
Beam weapons that use multiple beams (like Seeker's kaleidoscope) now have damage computed correctly
 Removed SaveDetailedCombatData
 Renamed mod to show scope and goal (not general analytics, just detailed combat results)

You my man! It was pain to track multi beam weapons and understand when analytics lied to me, but no longer. Praise! Going to report if find something sketchy

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.0.0 (2021-04-25)
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2021, 05:07:47 PM »

Can this version be disabled by setting the number of saved combat reports to zero and waiting a day in game before saving, like before? Just in case a save file is needed for a bug report.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »

Yeah, it should.  I haven't tried it but the save/load code is unchanged from the prior versions.  If it doesn't let me know and I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.1.0 (2021-04-27)
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

v5.1 release
 Save compatible
 Campaign Simulation Battles now create "simulation" combat results that last for a day
 Changed Flux Dmg -> EMP Dmg
 Localization fixes (some strings were omitted)
 Issue with Motes not always being properly identified

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

Yeah, it should.  I haven't tried it but the save/load code is unchanged from the prior versions.  If it doesn't let me know and I'll get it fixed ASAP.

For version 5, I tried waiting a day and it crashed, but when I waited 3 days, the save could be used without the mod enabled.

pponmypupu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2021, 11:16:46 PM »

Is there a growing log file(s) somewhere that could potentially get extremely large if unchecked? Just wondering, don't know much about this, thanks for the mod!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2021, 09:16:44 AM »

Is there a growing log file(s) somewhere that could potentially get extremely large if unchecked? Just wondering, don't know much about this, thanks for the mod!

No.  There's not much extra data logged to the log (just a few lines post combat where performance and accuracy stats are emitted), and even if there was the log is at max, 4 rolling 50MB chunks.  There is extra data in your save, but it's capped at 30 battles at which point it ejects the oldest combat data first.  That limit is configurable if it's not to your liking.

Cheers!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2021, 04:04:27 PM »

I'm really excited to see this updated! Just FYI its game version is set to RC12, so it throws a warning on enabled. Not a huge deal though.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »

It's working great on RC15.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2021, 11:21:31 PM »

It is! Though something a bit funky must be going on because one of my ships apparently did negative shield damage... not sure whats up there. Does it count friendly fire as negative? I have some screenshots and a save copy a few days after if it helps.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2021, 01:26:01 PM »

It is! Though something a bit funky must be going on because one of my ships apparently did negative shield damage... not sure whats up there. Does it count friendly fire as negative? I have some screenshots and a save copy a few days after if it helps.

Negative damage?  That's a new one :)  If you could put the save up somewhere and PM me the location along with the list of mods you're using I'll take a look at it.

Thanks!

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2021, 05:08:13 PM »

When using the Outer Rim Alliance mod, specifically the Invocation Launcher (large Energy weapon), there is something funky going on in my reports. The weapon is supposed to do EMP damage, however it is always listed as doing zero EMP.

Its description lists EMP damage, and from my admittedly likely amateurish testing, it seems to actually do the EMP damage as well. So I am assuming the bug lies somewhere here. But I dont know where exactly the problem is.

My first assumption was that, due to the way the weapon deals damage (two stage projectile, with the second stage doing the damage, and doing so in a cone, not sure on the exact mechanics), there would lay the issue. However, the other damage to shields, armor and hull are listed, so I kinda doubt that.

The other possibility would be that it actually doesnt do any EMP damage, and my testing was only the actual Energy damage disabling the weapons. I dont know if there is a way to tell the difference between an EMP disabled weapon and one disabled by other damage, to me they look the same. That is the reason why I left a comment over on the ORA mod as well.

Of course, there are a million other things that could be going wrong as well, especially considering my large mod list, but this is as much as I know how to do. (If you want my mod list, I can post it as well.)

I hope this helps fix something, and sorry if this wasnt the mod causing issues.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2021, 07:54:57 PM »

When using the Outer Rim Alliance mod, specifically the Invocation Launcher (large Energy weapon), there is something funky going on in my reports. The weapon is supposed to do EMP damage, however it is always listed as doing zero EMP.

Its description lists EMP damage, and from my admittedly likely amateurish testing, it seems to actually do the EMP damage as well. So I am assuming the bug lies somewhere here. But I dont know where exactly the problem is.

My first assumption was that, due to the way the weapon deals damage (two stage projectile, with the second stage doing the damage, and doing so in a cone, not sure on the exact mechanics), there would lay the issue. However, the other damage to shields, armor and hull are listed, so I kinda doubt that.

The other possibility would be that it actually doesnt do any EMP damage, and my testing was only the actual Energy damage disabling the weapons. I dont know if there is a way to tell the difference between an EMP disabled weapon and one disabled by other damage, to me they look the same. That is the reason why I left a comment over on the ORA mod as well.

Of course, there are a million other things that could be going wrong as well, especially considering my large mod list, but this is as much as I know how to do. (If you want my mod list, I can post it as well.)

I hope this helps fix something, and sorry if this wasnt the mod causing issues.

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.  It should at least report it as "Unknown Energy" and be in the EMP column.

Edit:
Just put it in the debugger, there is no EMP damage being reported at all to the damage listeners via the in game Combat Engine.  So one of two possibilities:
* Invocation Launcher doesn't actually do EMP
* Game Engine doesn't report the EMP damage that the IL is doing. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:12:14 PM by Nick XR »

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2021, 08:32:02 PM »

So for the negative damage, I was fighting Remnants, and one of my Wolves logged a -301 shield damage for Sabot SRM with the following statistics:

Total: 508
Shield: -301
Armor: 212
Hull: 597
EMP: 7576
Hits: 24
% Damage: 2
Fighter: 0

Hope it helps!

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2021, 08:53:47 PM »

-snip-

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.  It should at least report it as "Unknown Energy" and be in the EMP column.

Edit:
Just put it in the debugger, there is no EMP damage being reported at all to the damage listeners via the in game Combat Engine.  So one of two possibilities:
* Invocation Launcher doesn't actually do EMP
* Game Engine doesn't report the EMP damage that the IL is doing.

Thanks for checking, I put that over in the other thread!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19