Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267348 times)

Graploos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.6.1 (2020-05-25)
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2021, 06:34:34 AM »

I really like this mod. I hope it gets updated for 0.9.5.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2021, 03:34:44 PM »

Yes!  I'm working on it, but first finishing the game in a vanilla play-through so I don't have to avoid spoilers :)

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »

It seems to mostly work in 0.95a RC9 to RC12, but seems to track plasma cannon damage incorrectly (always zero). Thanks for creating this mod by the way, it was great in 0.91a, and is still great in 0.95.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »

In theory thanks to the new API it'll be possible to have perfect data, which is pretty exciting.  But I haven't tried it yet.

Haalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2021, 08:19:54 AM »

As a data-obsessed guy, who spends 95% of playtime min-maxing ships, I am very happy to hear about new API features)

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2021, 05:58:33 AM »

Hi Nick, thanks for your mod - I'm using it as a reference for creating a project of my own. Looking forward to the update :)

Question about an issue I'm running into:

- Enemy ship A retreats from battle after being reduced to half health by player ship B
- Player fleet pursues; new battle starts
- Enemy ship A is finished off by player ship C

Is this handled properly (B and C both credited with an assist, instead of C getting the solo kill for dealing 100% of damage in the last reported player engagement)?

From this previous post it seems the answer is yes, but couldn't find where exactly in the code it's handled.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2021, 09:30:21 AM »

Question about an issue I'm running into:

- Enemy ship A retreats from battle after being reduced to half health by player ship B
- Player fleet pursues; new battle starts
- Enemy ship A is finished off by player ship C

Is this handled properly (B and C both credited with an assist, instead of C getting the solo kill for dealing 100% of damage in the last reported player engagement)?

"properly" is relative :)   There should be two combat results created, one for the initial battle, one for the pursuit action.  This also assumes the player participated in both.  In the first result, 'A' will shown as retreated at half health, for the second result it will show C getting a solo kill with not much damage.

There might be times it's reasonable to combine the two results, but there are probably equally as many times you would want them separate.  Ideally there would be some aggregate "encounter result" then multiple sub results.  But that's probably going a bit far down the rabbit hole for something that's good enough currently and that the UI doesn't support well (a visualization hierarchy).

Glad you're liking it!  I'm adding support for localization currently. 
On the bad-news front, there isn't a way to use the new damage listener interface to track damage back to the original weapon so we'll have to stick to the current mildly janky way of computing damage which can't handle things like plasma and flak :(

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2021, 09:45:31 AM »

Does that mean I can splash/slaughter allies with plasma/flak without getting any reputation losses?

I think I saw the system properly give credit when I killed 2 ships with one Reaper in the past.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »

Does that mean I can splash/slaughter allies with plasma/flak without getting any reputation losses?

I think I saw the system properly give credit when I killed 2 ships with one Reaper in the past.

Unfortunately the Plasma/Flak AoE issue isn't easily fixable yet;  I'll probably take a look at it soon.  With the use of the new listener paradigm we can compute the actual damage dealt much more accurately about 50% of the time.  So it's a net improvement over the old version, just not what I'd hoped.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2021, 04:05:43 PM »

Oh my!  Super looking forward to this mod getting updated :D  Always love all the stats and I'm eager to dig into all the juicy details on my ships performaces :D

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2021, 09:21:38 AM »

I did see some instances where the mod recorded flak damage. On another note, does Combat Analytics take into account the boosted damage from skills and abilities (like the Tempest's high energy focus, or energy weapon mastery (+0.5% damage to energy per 1% flux)?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2021, 04:41:22 PM »

Oh my!  Super looking forward to this mod getting updated :D  Always love all the stats and I'm eager to dig into all the juicy details on my ships performaces :D

As am I!

I did see some instances where the mod recorded flak damage. On another note, does Combat Analytics take into account the boosted damage from skills and abilities (like the Tempest's high energy focus, or energy weapon mastery (+0.5% damage to energy per 1% flux)?

Occasionally a projectile like Flak or Plasma will identify that it has in fact done damage, 99% of the time they don't and I have no idea why.  Flak doesn't identify that it has done damage like any of the other projectiles in that it doesn't track its target.

Regarding skills affecting damage numbers for beams, not currently.  But I'm going to try and see if I can get beams to work. 

On the good news front, I've gotten plasma cannons to work finally (!!!!).  The code to figure all of this out is a frightening amount of procedural whack-a-mole but its pretty robust for most stuff, so damage accuracy will be much better this version. 

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »

Very nice! I look forward to it!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »

As am I!

Occasionally a projectile like Flak or Plasma will identify that it has in fact done damage, 99% of the time they don't and I have no idea why.  Flak doesn't identify that it has done damage like any of the other projectiles in that it doesn't track its target.

Regarding skills affecting damage numbers for beams, not currently.  But I'm going to try and see if I can get beams to work. 

On the good news front, I've gotten plasma cannons to work finally (!!!!).  The code to figure all of this out is a frightening amount of procedural whack-a-mole but its pretty robust for most stuff, so damage accuracy will be much better this version.
Heck yeah!  More accurate numbers are even more fun!

gogis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:32 AM »

I noticed that Kaleidoscope(from Seeker) records way too much damage versus singular target. I think it's special perk of 5-way beam split multiplies damage by 5 even if the target is singular. I have no idea if you support mods and how hazardous code/scripting is but just merely reporting. Don't shoot the messenger
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19