Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267141 times)

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.6.1 (2020-05-25)
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2020, 01:54:01 AM »

Hi! Your mod is fantastic and useful! May I translate it into Chinese and post it on a Chinese Starsector forum? Of course with the credit.
Waiting for your reply, thanks!

Here is the address: https://www.fossic.org/forum.php

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »

Hi! Your mod is fantastic and useful! May I translate it into Chinese and post it on a Chinese Starsector forum? Of course with the credit.
Waiting for your reply, thanks!

Here is the address: https://www.fossic.org/forum.php

Great!  I'm impressed people are willing to deal with language issues to use it.

If you can wait a week or two, I'll modify the code to support multiple languages.  I18N was already on my list of "todo" items.  Since there's interest I'll move it to the top.  Fortunately as far as mods go there's not much text so it should be easy to translate.

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2020, 03:00:44 AM »

If you can wait a week or two, I'll modify the code to support multiple languages.  I18N was already on my list of "todo" items.  Since there's interest I'll move it to the top.  Fortunately as far as mods go there's not much text so it should be easy to translate.

Thanks for the permission, and the I18N!
Even though I've already finished the translation XD

As you said, it's easy to translate and didn't spend much time. I'll put this translated version on the Chinese forum first, and replace when you finish the I18N one. So don't worry about me and no need to mess up your plans :)

And I'll put the link here later.

edit: And now here we are https://www.fossic.org/thread-1667-1-1.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:26:56 AM by saya39 »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2020, 09:56:07 AM »

As you said, it's easy to translate and didn't spend much time. I'll put this translated version on the Chinese forum first, and replace when you finish the I18N one. So don't worry about me and no need to mess up your plans :)

Nice work getting it translated!  Could you make a pull request against the code base?  I'll use the the PR to generate a language file.

saya39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2020, 09:52:13 AM »

Nice work getting it translated!  Could you make a pull request against the code base?  I'll use the the PR to generate a language file.

First I must apologize for that I frogot to check the reply until today. It's totally my fault.

And, I don't actually understand what you want me to offer. I didn't get any trouble when I was translating. Hmm, or, only one point, I was sometimes worry about wether what I translated is an ID for something or not. But that's not a trouble neither. So, maybe it's OK to just take the text out to the strings.json or any other place.

And again, really sorry about the late reply. I won't miss the reply again.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2020, 11:38:41 AM »

very nice mod, would be nice if we can see how much damage enemy ships took. Like hostile enforcer took 20.000 damage to armor and 10.000 damage to shield. something like that.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »

very nice mod, would be nice if we can see how much damage enemy ships took. Like hostile enforcer took 20.000 damage to armor and 10.000 damage to shield. something like that.

Late game Nexerlin battles you're probably killing 5+ ships for everyone ship you deploy, maybe 10 or 20 in some scenarios so displaying enemy ships by default in the ship list would really clutter the UI (and slow it down).  I'd be all for it if it were possible to surface display controls that would real-time modify the presentation but the API just doesn't support that.

Stepping back from the nice-to-haves, the main goal of this mod is to help the player determine how their ships and their load-outs are performing; not to get into the nitty-gritty.  But if you *really* want the nitty-gritty you can export the data to your favorite visualization tool.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2020, 08:15:04 AM »

Is it possible to update to fix version checker issue? There's an issue with version file being unreacheble on bitbucket after recent bitbucket change AFAIK.

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »

First off, I love this mod!  I was going to put something like this in suggestions (after playing "Airships: Conquer the Skies" which has something similar integrated) but then I found this.

Bug report:  Sometimes some of the weapons on a ship don't show up.  I have not been able to figure out when or why.  But for example I have an Astral with 6 different types of fighters, and Spark routinely (literally, every single time) gets left off the damage report, even if I move it to a different slot.  All other fighters are there, and all normal weapons (including the ones which did 0 damage).  It's not just fighters, I've seen it with normal weapons too, though I can't remember the specifics.  It's rare though.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »

First off, I love this mod!  I was going to put something like this in suggestions (after playing "Airships: Conquer the Skies" which has something similar integrated) but then I found this.

Bug report:  Sometimes some of the weapons on a ship don't show up.  I have not been able to figure out when or why.  But for example I have an Astral with 6 different types of fighters, and Spark routinely (literally, every single time) gets left off the damage report, even if I move it to a different slot.  All other fighters are there, and all normal weapons (including the ones which did 0 damage).  It's not just fighters, I've seen it with normal weapons too, though I can't remember the specifics.  It's rare though.

Glad you like it (And I'm even more glad you played "Airships: Conquer the Skies", that game is a treasure)!

The missing weapons has to do with weapons that deal damage via a blast radius.  In that case it's not possible (within reason), to determine where the damage came from.  This will however be a solvable problem in the next release of StarSector.

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »

Glad you like it (And I'm even more glad you played "Airships: Conquer the Skies", that game is a treasure)!

The missing weapons has to do with weapons that deal damage via a blast radius.  In that case it's not possible (within reason), to determine where the damage came from.  This will however be a solvable problem in the next release of StarSector.
Good to know, that may explain some of the missing weapons.  But Spark fighters specifically are just armed with Burst PD Lasers, so there should be no blast radius.

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »

Ah!  I see what's going on.  Sparks are listed as "Burst PD Laser" rather than "Spark Fighter", which was very confusing because my Astral also had Burst PD Lasers installed.  On other ships with no energy slots Spark is still listed as Burst PD Laser.

Another modded ship, "Wraith Drone Fighter" (Shadowyards), is listed twice - as Wraith Drone Fighter and as Crawler Beam.  It has 2 weapons, Mini Flak and Crawler Beam.

Those are the only fighters I've noticed as showing up incorrectly.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2020, 01:02:01 PM »

Do you have the option:  `FighterWeaponBreakout` set to `true` by chance?

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »

Nope.  I had not touched the .ini file, but I opened it just to check and it's set at false.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »

Nope.  I had not touched the .ini file, but I opened it just to check and it's set at false.

Thanks for checking.  Sounds like a more run-of-the-mill bug.  I'll check it out!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19