Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267250 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.6 (2020-03-07)
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »

v4.6 is out:
 Fix all projectile weapons dealing double damage

Thanks for the repros and what not. As always, I'll take PRs too; But I know that's a lot of work.

Sorry for the delay, personal issues.

The Last Roman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2020, 03:13:12 PM »

I get an error message every time I click either of your download links

"An error occurred during a connection to bbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »

I get an error message every time I click either of your download links

"An error occurred during a connection to bbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"

Looks like it's working now, maybe some AWS edge-network issue or general interweb sillyness.

Reavenant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »

Hello Nick,

Any idea why my post battle screen looks different to the screenshot from your OP? By different I mean very simplistic, for example I don't have the lower part with ship's details and weapon damage data even thou I've set it in the settings file :/

Also, I've noticed that after battles my starts to slow down and stutter slightly. This is especially noticeable after big battles. Anyway I can reduce that effect other then restarting the game?

Best regards
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:32:31 AM by Reavenant »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2020, 11:35:31 AM »

Hello Nick,

Any idea why my post battle screen looks different to the screenshot from your OP? By different I mean very simplistic, for example I don't have the lower part with ship's details and weapon damage data even thou I've set it in the settings file :/

Also, I've noticed that after battles my starts to slow down and stutter slightly. This is especially noticeable after big battles. Anyway I can reduce that effect other then restarting the game?

Best regards

For the visualizations, are you sure you've got the right mod?  I think the Legends mod also has a combat summary.  There's nothing to configure with this mod (or you shouldn't ever have to).  Just go into your intel tab and select "Combat" at the bottom of the screen.  If you can't figure it out, post a screenshot please.

If your game is going slow after a battle, make sure you've upped your max memory, check out this post for details:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0

Reavenant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2020, 12:12:37 PM »

Ok, disregard my message please. I don't know why but for a couple of battles the view was limited in info but then it randomly switched to the one from your screenshot. It could be a conflict with other mod I need to test.
On the other hand many many thanks for that link, I don't know why I haven't seen that thread before!  :'(

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2020, 02:27:59 AM »

I'm getting a failed to load combat summary report but I do not know where in the log its posted

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2020, 10:54:44 AM »

I'm getting a failed to load combat summary report but I do not know where in the log its posted

It's the file 'starsector.log' located in 'starsector-core' under your install location.  If  you quit the game after the message, and open the file above, there should be a series of error messages with details at the bottom of the file.  Thanks!

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »

ok I found where in the log the issue was it was throwing an NPE
Code
199943 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Keyboard key 'L' will open combat analysis dialogue
199943 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - SaveDetailedCombatData: false
200016 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.combatanalytics.data.CombatResult  - Error deserializing line (Column Count: 6): '0e96da03' 'Hegemony' 'Bounty Hunter' '1590205252830' '32.880146' 'BATTLE'
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.data.CombatResult.<init>(CombatResult.java:41)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.SerializationManager.getSavedCombatResults(SerializationManager.java:130)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin.onGameLoad(CombatAnalyticsModPlugin.java:83)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
200016 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.combatanalytics.SerializationManager  - Unable to load SavedCombatResults
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.data.CombatResult.<init>(CombatResult.java:41)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.SerializationManager.getSavedCombatResults(SerializationManager.java:130)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin.onGameLoad(CombatAnalyticsModPlugin.java:83)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
200017 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Found 0 prior battle results
200017 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - MaxCombatResultCount: 50

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xebe3o38nbmb99h/starsector_error_log.7z/file
here's the log file

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »

Perfect, thanks for this.  I'll have a fix up in a day or so!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

v4.6.1
 Save compatible
 Fix issue with failing to parse a saved combat for which there was no damage dealt
 Minor perf improvements relating to loading saved data

Thanks for the information with tracking down this issue @Algester!

Laxard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.6.1 (2020-05-25)
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2020, 04:19:39 AM »

Great mod, but performance degradation in big battles are too noticeable. Especially if I use it with SpeedUp mod.
Is there a way to have "lite" version which only track the kill-count of individual ships?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2020, 12:36:38 AM »

Over on the Discord, we just had a case where an user with a LOT of mods was getting a reduced framerate that started after a battle ended and persisted until the game was restarted.
They fixed it by removing only Combat Analytics.

Here's the direct link to the resolution: https://discordapp.com/channels/187635036525166592/619635013201428481/722710987571986543

Taking a shot in the dark, is there logic that's looping over combat results every tick after the first battle happens for the session? Like a report in intel that's being calculated every tick or something?
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Laxard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2020, 03:24:49 AM »

Taking a shot in the dark, is there logic that's looping over combat results every tick after the first battle happens for the session? Like a report in intel that's being calculated every tick or something?

I don't think so, I only had problems in battles themselves. This stuff keeps track of too many things. Althought having battle history too long (and it is too long by default, 50 battles if I remember right) makes saving ridiculously long.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »

Over on the Discord, we just had a case where an user with a LOT of mods was getting a reduced framerate that started after a battle ended and persisted until the game was restarted.

I too am trying to figure out what's going on when this perf issues happens, but so far I've seen no indication that it's CA.  That the problem resolved itself after removing the mod and restarting has everything to do with restarting and not the mod.
My personal experience with the mod is that the battle perf impact is negligible, you can verify this by looking at the timing information that is logged if you search for the string `total time in EveryFrameDamageDetector` in the log.  The timing information should be pretty accurate since it uses wall-clock time at the start and end of the "advance" method, which is where all the work happens.

Regarding the size of tracked data outside of battle, it might be large (usually ~10MB), but it's all in a single string so there's not a huge amount of reflection calls to serialize a complex object hierarchy like you have with other objects.  I'll test it, but I really doubt it's the problem.

They fixed it by removing only Combat Analytics.

Here's the direct link to the resolution: https://discordapp.com/channels/187635036525166592/619635013201428481/722710987571986543

From what I can tell from profiling when this is happening, there's something happening with economy scripts where it's thrashing around, but it's hard to tell with all the obfuscation and not running in a "true" profiler (since it's just attaching to a process).
CombatResults are created once when
Code
reportPlayerEngagement()
is called at the end of battle. 

So in short, from the data I have and my personal experience playing the game with lots of mods, CA isn't the culprit.  At some level I would love for it to be the problem, because then I could fix my own play-throughs :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19