Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267382 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.1.1 (2021-05-04)
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »

v5.1.1 is released
 Add caching layer to prevent perf issues if IntelCombatReport.isValid() is called repeatedly (by mods)
 Data is now stored in a compressed format
 Now includes Chinese (locale=zh) translation (thanks saya39!): https://www.fossic.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1667

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:02 AM »

Well, I found and fixed the problem, its basically a typo in weapon_data.csv from ORA.

Thanks to your mod acting as bug finder there.

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2021, 05:14:49 AM »

this looks like the best mod to have ever been created. i'm so installing it right now, you wont even believe

Photonsynthesis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2021, 06:10:25 AM »

Getting this error in logs (not a crash):

Spoiler
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.DamagingExplosion.getDamage()Lcom/fs/starfarer/combat/E/return;
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processExp losions(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:186)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.getWeaponN ame(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:144)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processFra me(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:73)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.handleFra me(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:108)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.detectDam age(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:32)
   at data.scripts.plugins.DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.advance(DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:20)
[close]

Error occurred 1556 times over 90 minutes, so it may cause a fair portion of damage to be untracked.

Game version 0.95a-RC15, mod version 5.1.1.

Edit: Recompiling without any further modification fixes the error.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:05:31 AM by Photonsynthesis »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »

Getting this error in logs (not a crash):

Spoiler
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.DamagingExplosion.getDamage()Lcom/fs/starfarer/combat/E/return;
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processExp losions(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:186)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.getWeaponN ame(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:144)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processFra me(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:73)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.handleFra me(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:108)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.detectDam age(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:32)
   at data.scripts.plugins.DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.advance(DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:20)
[close]

Error occurred 1556 times over 90 minutes, so it may cause a fair portion of damage to be untracked.

Game version 0.95a-RC15, mod version 5.1.1.

Are you running any mods or do you have any idea which weapon might be causing this?  I can certainly defend against it, but looking at the starfarer DLLs I don't see how this is happening even though the stack trace is clearly inside of the DLL :/

Thanks for the report!

Edit: Recompiling without any further modification fixes the error.

I'm not sure I follow, what do you mean/did you recompile?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:52:31 AM by Nick XR »

Photonsynthesis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2021, 11:32:02 AM »

Are you running any mods or do you have any idea which weapon might be causing this?  I can certainly defend against it, but looking at the starfarer DLLs I don't see how this is happening even though the stack trace is clearly inside of the DLL :/

Thanks for the report!
I have many mods installed but I don't think this error relates to any other mods directly.

I'm not sure I follow, what do you mean/did you recompile?
I recompiled this mod against 0.95a-RC15.

The return type of the method changed. https://i.imgur.com/7p77SfY.png

If you cast the explosion to DamagingProjectileAPI like this:
Code
            float baseDamage = ((DamagingProjectileAPI) explosion).getDamage().getBaseDamage();
then the resulting bytecode doesn't depend on the implementation class and won't need to be recompiled after each update.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »

I recompiled this mod against 0.95a-RC15.

The return type of the method changed. https://i.imgur.com/7p77SfY.png

If you cast the explosion to DamagingProjectileAPI like this:
Code
            float baseDamage = ((DamagingProjectileAPI) explosion).getDamage().getBaseDamage();
then the resulting bytecode doesn't depend on the implementation class and won't need to be recompiled after each update.

Ahhh, OK.  I wasn't sure if you recompiled some .91a ship pack or something and that made it work.  Thanks for the detailed write-up, I really appreciate it! I'll try to get a new build out in a day or so.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2021, 11:05:01 PM »

I was wondering, is there an easy way to have this show both the pre and post armor mitigated damage that a ship receives? IE an incoming round is rated at X damage, but does Y, and records the sum of all X's and Y's as their own categories. Probably also X1 and Y1 for hull as well. I've been doing quite a bit of low tech testing recently, but its hard to do good comparisons between armor and shields... shields are easy as they have constant reduction, but how much damage was actually stopped by "6000 armor damage" or similar is a very open question.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2021, 09:12:01 AM »

I was wondering, is there an easy way to have this show both the pre and post armor mitigated damage that a ship receives? IE an incoming round is rated at X damage, but does Y, and records the sum of all X's and Y's as their own categories. Probably also X1 and Y1 for hull as well. I've been doing quite a bit of low tech testing recently, but its hard to do good comparisons between armor and shields... shields are easy as they have constant reduction, but how much damage was actually stopped by "6000 armor damage" or similar is a very open question.

Maybe?  I agree, the "damage mitigated by armor" is a pretty interesting stat to know as it clues you into how effective your armor actually is. From the damage listeners we have the amount of damage actually done, and we usually can figure out which weapon did it, so we could compute the delta between the two values.  It might get tricky when the damage is done partially to the hull also, but it could probably be done.  Beam weapons in general are harder because they're actually pretty difficult to figure out which weapon is actually doing damage :/

I'm taking a bit of a break for a while from new functionality, but I'll add this to the list and get to it at some point :)

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »

Out of curiosity does the Detailed Combat Result log only count damage VS ships?  Or does it also count damage VS fighter into the damage pile? 

As I'm trying to judge between different fighter load outs.  And some of them shoot down a lot more fighters and their damage numbers are also higher.  But I don't know if their damage numbers are so high because they killed a ton of fighters or if the fighters damage result is only vs the enemy warships

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2021, 11:33:18 PM »

Out of curiosity does the Detailed Combat Result log only count damage VS ships?  Or does it also count damage VS fighter into the damage pile? 

As I'm trying to judge between different fighter load outs.  And some of them shoot down a lot more fighters and their damage numbers are also higher.  But I don't know if their damage numbers are so high because they killed a ton of fighters or if the fighters damage result is only vs the enemy warships

Damage to fighters and missiles is ignored (basically only ships/stations) for calculations involving raw damage numbers.  Damage to fighters is only ever looked at when calculating number of kills against.  This is because generally the fighter kills count is good enough to tell what's going on, and if you include the fighter damage totals in the ship damage totals it's hard to tell how well weapons are actually performing.

Or that's the thought behind it anyway...

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2021, 12:54:04 PM »

Damage to fighters and missiles is ignored (basically only ships/stations) for calculations involving raw damage numbers.  Damage to fighters is only ever looked at when calculating number of kills against.  This is because generally the fighter kills count is good enough to tell what's going on, and if you include the fighter damage totals in the ship damage totals it's hard to tell how well weapons are actually performing.

Or that's the thought behind it anyway...
Perfect!  That's exactly what I wanted to hear!  Just wanted to get it clarified

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »

Maybe?  I agree, the "damage mitigated by armor" is a pretty interesting stat to know as it clues you into how effective your armor actually is. From the damage listeners we have the amount of damage actually done, and we usually can figure out which weapon did it, so we could compute the delta between the two values.  It might get tricky when the damage is done partially to the hull also, but it could probably be done.  Beam weapons in general are harder because they're actually pretty difficult to figure out which weapon is actually doing damage :/

I'm taking a bit of a break for a while from new functionality, but I'll add this to the list and get to it at some point :)

Cool, glad to hear its mostly possible, and no rush at all. I suppose the code would also need to be able to compute the damage bonuses on the ship at the moment of firing and multiply by the weapon's base damage.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2021, 11:18:57 PM »

Cool, glad to hear its mostly possible, and no rush at all. I suppose the code would also need to be able to compute the damage bonuses on the ship at the moment of firing and multiply by the weapon's base damage.

It already does that! It's a PITA but I've gotten the damage down to within about a 5% margin of error based on looking at what the damage probably should have been at the time of firing.  At least when armor isn't involved.  But this is a bit simpler since we know the base damage we can get the scalar for the damage:
https://bitbucket.org/NickWWest/starsectorcombatanalytics/src/111a23d71e8e48b682a26af0a1e8263cdcdfc3c3/CombatAnalyticsMod/src/data/scripts/combatanalytics/util/Helpers.java#lines-202
Then just figure out what the damage should have been, less the adjusted hull bleed through damage.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Detailed Combat Results v5.1.2 (2021-05-26)
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2021, 11:21:00 PM »

v5.1.2 is released
 Fixed issue with explosions and looking too deeply inside core objects. Thanks Photonsynthesis
 Better explosion damage detection
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19