Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.9h (New Version Ed.)  (Read 271329 times)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm an independent, with high relationship to independents, flying near an independent world with a station.  G&M tries to extort me and the independent station joins them.  When I tell G&M to *** off, all the independents everywhere are suddenly hostile to me.
Although they have one annoying thing, they can just annihilate your reputation with Independents if they decided to rob you near independent planet or fleet, since they are friends with Indies, they aid them in battle against you, and game counts that like you just attacked Independents, its not that bad when you have transponder off, you get -5 rep with indies, but if you was unlucky to have turned on transponder, Indies become immediately hostile, rep goes straight to -50 hostile. Which is strange, because you got ruined relationship with Independents for just defending yourself from piracy action.

this is my main problem with this mod. im assuming its just vanilla behavior (GMDA being 'allies' to the independents) but it really isn't fun. makes it hard to tolerate playing with GMDA despite it being a very high quality and enjoyable mod otherwise.

Dragonknight951

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Why is it version checker is telling me that there is a "v0.9.8a" version when the latest available is v0.9.7c?
Anyone have an idea?

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile

Oh dang, this mod got updated? Like half a year ago? The mod index still says 0.9.1a...

Dragonknight951

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Oh dang, this mod got updated? Like half a year ago? The mod index still says 0.9.1a...
Yep, was quite a surprise for me as well. Though not an unwelcome one.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Why is it version checker is telling me that there is a "v0.9.8a" version when the latest available is v0.9.7c?
Anyone have an idea?

A bit late of a reply, but if you check straight into the downloads of King_Alfonzo's Bitbucket, you will see there is a 0.9.8a version, released on 18/12/2021. It is a 0.95.1a version.
Ignorance is bliss..

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Anyone have an idea?

A bit late of a reply, but if you check straight into the downloads of King_Alfonzo's Bitbucket, you will see there is a 0.9.8a version, released on 18/12/2021. It is a 0.95.1a version.

Where to download that 0.9.8a? Everywhere there is only v0.9.7c.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 09:12:14 AM by sanya02 »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile

Anyone have an idea?

Check the root of his bitbucket. Here.
https://bitbucket.org/King_Alfonzo/i-will-make-sindria-great-again/downloads/

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Anyone have an idea?

Check the root of his bitbucket. Here.
https://bitbucket.org/King_Alfonzo/i-will-make-sindria-great-again/downloads/
Thank you very much) Have a good flight)

11bullets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.7c (Minor Fixes Ed.)
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2022, 01:33:44 AM »

Not sure if this is intended behavior so figured it's worth posting about.

I've been getting the periodic "donate to us" stop-and-frisks from GMDA fleets and turning them down, no big deal. I'm at bad relations but not openly hostile. I just got stopped by another fleet, turned the captain down again. That put my rep with them to -36. I now can't disengage from them because my fleet is too large, but if I move to engage I get a warning saying that I've been identified and I'll be initiating hostilities.

Seems to me that -36 shouldn't be auto-forcing combat, or that since they're forcing the combat I shouldn't be considered the 'aggressor'. I get that I have a big fleet so I can't disengage from an open combat, but if they're forcing an engagement I shouldn't be the one that's taking the hit for initiating the combat.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2022, 11:49:21 AM »

Come out of hyperspace near an indie planet with some patrols.  One of them is GMDA.  It zooms at me, demands money, the usual.  I blow it out of the sky, except for a Dram.  Dram runs away.  I move toward the planet and station.  Dram makes another suicide run at me, except this time the indie patrols join it.  And the starbase.  I blow them all out of the sky.  I am now hostile to independents.

Fix this absolutely ridiculous crap.

Edit:

Okay, now that I'm less steamed, I can sorta see it as justified.  GMDA is acting as the local enforcers for indie worlds, the money payment is local corruption / tariffs / bribes etc, the "real" indie patrols aren't necessarily coordinated or coherent enough to back them up out at the jump point but when GMDA calls on local authority right there on the spot, they join in, and if you don't go along with it well you're just a dirty lawbreaker, aren't you.

I can see it.

It's still absolutely infurating. 

Because on the other hand, the player is thinking: here's this mercenary force, trying to shove me, a <insert faction here>-commissioned captain, around.  Who do they think they are?  And then these pipsqueak mercenaries somehow get ALL INDEPENDENTS EVERYWHERE to throw away their perfectly good relations with the faction on the basis of an extremely slanted version of events.

It could work as part of a Kafkaesque space opera.  Maybe.

It's infuriating.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:16:52 PM by vok3 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »

Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, in particular the part about treating other forum members with respect, and please consider this an official warning. Next time, I would recommend cooling off before you post.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2022, 12:29:58 AM »

What is even more funny here, this GMDA behaviour problem is not really Alfonzo's fault to begin with. As their transponder disguise thing is based on Starlight Cabal behaviour from Underworld in first place. It's just that Cabal right now is much less aggressive than GMDA, despite having much more dangerous fleets to compare. You can also easily become neutral with Cabal using bar events and story points too.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2022, 12:38:12 AM »

What is even more funny here, this GMDA behaviour problem is not really Alfonzo's fault to begin with. As their transponder disguise thing is based on Starlight Cabal behaviour from Underworld in first place. It's just that Cabal right now is much less aggressive than GMDA, despite having much more dangerous fleets to compare. You can also easily become neutral with Cabal using bar events and story points too.

There is one critical difference between cabal and GMDA:

GMDA has (i think, it's been a while since i last played the mod) max reputation with indies, meanwhile, TSC are only slightly above neutral with Try-Tachion, as in, enough so that they don't target TT but not enough so that TT will join them in a fight.

So, from this standpoint, yes, it is kind of Alfonzo's fault. But it's not really as big of a deal as the other guy is making it out to be.

Spacejunkhauler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2022, 02:27:26 PM »

Hi, i got a crahs regarding your mod:

417869 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading variant [data\variants\onslaught_GM_elite.variant]
417873 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GrytpypeMoriarty (data\variants\onslaught_GM_elite.variant)]
417873 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading variant [data\variants\sagitus_GMs_C_standard.variant]
417878 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GrytpypeMoriarty (data\variants\sagitus_GMs_C_standard.variant)]
417904 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [sagitus_GMs_C] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [sagitus_GMs_C] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2023, 09:47:40 PM »

It's infuriating.

Ridiculous infuriating crap, fixed.

Update 0.9.9a for Grytpype and Moriarty Defense Authority

Changelog:

-Completely rejigged GMDA

-Removed Sagitus (GMs), Wayfarer (GM)/(GMs) and Tarsus (GM) due to de-bloatening
-Added the Atlas (GM) and New Venture (GMHQ)
-Carker (GM), Mule (GM) and Venture (GM) reworked to be more defensive and less fragile
-'Low-Tier' ships no longer have the Overdrive suite.
-Old Venture (GM) now Venture (GMHQ) with overall improved stats.

-Split up fleets into two different fleets
   -Raider fleets; spawn as normal, comprised of lower-tier ships
   -Defender fleets, only show up around Agreus, Ilm and New Maxios, have better ships and are all lead by an Onslaught (GM).

-GMDA fundamentally reworked to be less cancerous to fight, and will no longer draw in independants to defend them if you end up fighting them.

-Crun gun no longer PD, now works like a long-ish range EMP suppression weapon that still minces fighters.
-Bluebottler no longer EMP, now has higher impact to muddle enemy movement

-Added GM Fire Service Ships and weapons, tend to show up in GMDA fleets around Agreus
-Added GM Health Service Ships, tend to show up in GMDA fleets around Ilm

-Fixed Broadsword (GM) being unhittable
-Fixed Pirhana (GM)'s description
-Police lights now go faster the higher the ship's flux is.

HOTFIX 0.9.9b
Fixed Stock GM Blueprint error

THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE. Download HERE[/url].Give me a yell if anything goes wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10