Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.9h (New Version Ed.)  (Read 271126 times)

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Go to KA's bitbucket (it's part of the DL link in the OP) and there's an official 0.95a-RC15-updated version of this and some of his other mods there!

Thank you good samaritan!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

AND WE'RE BACK.

Apologies for not coming in with this update sooner, but I wanted to try my hand at quest coding. Spoilers - I suck at it. So While I try and figure things out, I'm releasing this compatability update (that has been available as stated above). It also has a few new goodies for you to play around with, and a general buff to GMDA ships to make them scarier.

As always, NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS VERSION; WILL NEED A NEW GAME.

Changelog from previous version:
-Added Buffalo (GMDA), an unshielded Missile Destroyer
-Added Cerberus (GMDA), an unholy combination of Cerberus and Shepherd
-Added Colossus (GMDA), a fragile and slow three-deck cruiser
-Added Gremlin (GMDA), an asked question: "Why?"
-Removed Kite (GMHQ), and instead gave the EMP arc emitter to the Kite (GM)
-Added Bluebottler Cannon, a generous medium ballistic, kinetic/EMP weapon
-Added Crun Cannon, possibly a premier ballistic PD weapon.
-(GMs) hulls are now white, and their spawning in Independant fleets has been greatly reduced
-Minor Changes to weapon and ship sprites
-Tried to implement a one-off basic bar mission and failed miserably

0.9.7a
-Added Pirhana (GM), now with breach (SRMs)
-Added Talon (GM), faster and more suppressive, but unbelievable fragile
-Fixed the Lasher (GMHQ)'s phase cloak
-Fixed several spelling mistakes
-Lightly fiddled with several weapons to be more balanced.
-GMDA Overdriver now also adds up to 25% damage to ballistic and energy weapons at high flux.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile

Another thick Alfonso Hammerhead mod, I love it.

Weftin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

AND WE'RE BACK.

Let's goooo love the GMDA mod very happy to see it back.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Several small fixes for little things I missed. Savegame compatible with the previous version.

Changelog for 0.9.7b

-Fixed the Crun Cannon explosion being blinding
-Reduced maintenance of the Carker from 16 to 12
-Broadsword (GM) now more reliably uses it's Lurgi Beam, reduced the range and visual intensity of Lurgi Beam.

Download HERE.

Metadane

• Ensign
    • View Profile

In the GMDA Overdriver Suite description it mentions it increases ship speed 15%, 20%, 55% and 30%. I assume it means 25% and not 55%?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.7c (Minor Fixes Ed.)
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2021, 05:59:24 PM »

More minor fixes. Again, savegame compatible with previous version.

Changelog for 0.9.7c
-Fixed Broadsword (GM) being unhittable
-Fixed Pirhana (GM)'s description

Download HERE

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

In the GMDA Overdriver Suite description it mentions it increases ship speed 15%, 20%, 55% and 30%. I assume it means 25% and not 55%?

Whoops, yes, but I'm too far ahead in the dev version to roll back and change the base coding. This will be fixed in the upcoming 0.9.8 version.

Metadane

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Whoops, yes, but I'm too far ahead in the dev version to roll back and change the base coding. This will be fixed in the upcoming 0.9.8 version.

That's cool, just thought I'd point it out because I didn't see anyone mention it. Really loving your mod though of course!

pucin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2022, 05:18:39 PM »

Condottiere Mercenary Company why should they be installed? they are very expensive

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 08:14:37 AM »

Condottiere Mercenary Company why should they be installed? they are very expensive
IIRC they are built quickly and are not affected by your ship quality. Which means you get a decent defenders quickly (you can potentially finish construction before expedition arrives) and early game - provided you have money to pay them. You are not really supposed to rely on them in long term.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »

Quite cool Cabal-like enemy faction, which like Cabals try to rob you, and if you refuse they attack, funny enough this makes them and Cabal look more like pirate faction more than pirates itself, which if amusing considering their "police" appearance, and quite interesting visual style, good as any King Alfonzo mod.

Although they have one annoying thing, they can just annihilate your reputation with Independents if they decided to rob you near independent planet or fleet, since they are friends with Indies, they aid them in battle against you, and game counts that like you just attacked Independents, its not that bad when you have transponder off, you get -5 rep with indies, but if you was unlucky to have turned on transponder, Indies become immediately hostile, rep goes straight to -50 hostile. Which is strange, because you got ruined relationship with Independents for just defending yourself from piracy action.

As for suggestion to fix this, I think is good fix for this is just make Independents not join GMDA fleets against player.

PipBoy97

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2022, 05:54:18 AM »

Hi version checker tells me that there is a new version but i don't see where to download it

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I drop into Ancyra, find a G&M fleet assaulting Ancyra station.

I go visit Kassadar, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, supposedly totally isolated from core world politics - G&M squadron is camping the jump point and tries to extort me.

I'm an independent, with high relationship to independents, flying near an independent world with a station.  G&M tries to extort me and the independent station joins them.  When I tell G&M to *** off, all the independents everywhere are suddenly hostile to me.

I don't understand what exactly this mod is supposed to add to the game.  All it does is add extra hassle in blasting extortionists in the face, without ever being able to permanently put them out of business.  And also makes the player start treating the independents exactly the same as the pirates - or even treat the pirates better than the independents.  Pirates at least will leave you alone once you get good rep with them.

I really like HMI, but this one is getting uninstalled as soon as I'm done typing this.

wraithstalke

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah this was a lot of fun, but pretty strange.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10