Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630379 times)

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2022, 10:16:15 AM »

I haven't seen the 9th Battlegroup lose a single invasion against any vanilla faction. They own like 1/3rd of the map now. Whatever the ship composition is for their invasion fleets is OP.

Lol. Got the same problem as you there. Thought it was nexerelin at first and posted there. I think i'll disable there ability to spawn no matter what.

And there winning spree is extended to modded factions with a 4 out of 5 win rate.
Is there any way to disable them? They are way over the rest of the power wise then the other factions and just keep sat bombing everything

Found it! ae_settings.ini Set NoEyrie to true
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:19:31 AM by Catscrath »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2022, 06:23:36 PM »

How are the weapons and ships in this mod compared to vanilla?  Is it balanced pretty reasonably?

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2022, 09:50:23 PM »

How are the weapons and ships in this mod compared to vanilla?  Is it balanced pretty reasonably?
The [Redacted] are scary and the flourish is annoying to fight against. Other than that everything is either equal or a little below normal power level.

redpac3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2022, 09:40:07 AM »

Hello i seem to have a problem i found the ship it told me to rescue sierra i destroyed the research station but nothing happes i salvaged the debris field aswell its just stuck on rescue sierra from research station ?

rabbi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2023, 07:21:44 AM »

So this mod is linked in the "Content Expansions" section of the mod index, and it was quite unexpected to me that it added a new faction to the game. As others have pointed out, this is a big downside as the 9th Battlegroup seems overpowered compared to all of the other factions I'm playing with. I think it would be really helpful if one of these things was done:

1. Separate the 9th Battlegroup out into its own mod.

-OR-

1. Have the mod moved from the "Content Expansions" section of the mod index to the "Faction Mods" section so it's very clear that the mod adds a new faction.
2. Add info about the 9th Battlegroup to the OP; currently there's no info about it other than in the changelog.

I love the mod outside of the 9th Battlegroup, thanks for the work!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 29, 2023, 01:09:46 PM »

Hello i seem to have a problem i found the ship it told me to rescue sierra i destroyed the research station but nothing happes i salvaged the debris field aswell its just stuck on rescue sierra from research station ?
Inventor Raccoon no longer supports this mod and has moved many assets as well as updated the Sierra quest to https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15820.0
So this mod is linked in the "Content Expansions" section of the mod index, and it was quite unexpected to me that it added a new faction to the game. As others have pointed out, this is a big downside as the 9th Battlegroup seems overpowered compared to all of the other factions I'm playing with. I think it would be really helpful if one of these things was done:

1. Separate the 9th Battlegroup out into its own mod.

-OR-

1. Have the mod moved from the "Content Expansions" section of the mod index to the "Faction Mods" section so it's very clear that the mod adds a new faction.
2. Add info about the 9th Battlegroup to the OP; currently there's no info about it other than in the changelog.

I love the mod outside of the 9th Battlegroup, thanks for the work!
AE is no longer being updated but I highly recommend Secrets of the Frontier.  See above for link.

SpaceMarine100

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2023, 11:39:22 AM »

yeah it's a great mod but i misss my ninth battlegroup
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:58:54 PM by SpaceMarine100 »

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2023, 01:38:21 PM »

yeah it's a great mod but i misss my ninth battlegroup

Looks like Vicegrip's Emergent Threats mod (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27284) will have a submod that adds in the IX Battlegroup, with Inventor Raccoon's permission. However, the forum version is the stable one but doesn't seem to mention the "ET: IX Revival" faction submod, so that might be currently limited to the Discord beta version (at time of this post).
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]