Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630265 times)

Liveware

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.4a - Finding Anthems in the Fray
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »

Question about the Sierra quest:

Spoiler
Looking at past posts I've seen reference that you get Sierra officer OR ship but it seems that the reward in my save is either ship with permanent officer or nothing. Is there any way to get just the sierra officer?
[close]

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 22, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »

Question about the Sierra quest:

Spoiler
Looking at past posts I've seen reference that you get Sierra officer OR ship but it seems that the reward in my save is either ship with permanent officer or nothing. Is there any way to get just the sierra officer?
[close]

You can
Spoiler
stash the ship and keep the officer.
[close]

Came here to ask about this actually, as it seems unintended.

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2021, 02:14:28 AM »

Had a playthrough with your mod. I definitely like how your ships are often more mechanically involved than the vanilla ones. Extra effort put into making them feel interesting is definitely appreciated.

My main complaint is that some ships feel definitely stronger than vanilla ones, for example the Sierra-core quest ship.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:19:43 AM by Madskills »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2021, 04:17:18 AM »

My main complaint is that some ships feel definitely stronger than vanilla ones, for example the Sierra-core quest ship.

Its unique ship, it should be stronger, if it will be same as regular Brilliant, what sense off having this ship. And I think ships overall should be on par with vanilla or stronger, because if everything will be weaker in mods, there will not be any reason to use the mod at all, since vanilla ships will be no-brainer option. And if you want weak ships, there a lot of mods with that.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2021, 07:17:06 AM »

To be fair, Sierra's ship kinda feels like cheating but it could be more the AI than the ship. I didn't actually check the values.

I certainly don't mind it being there. The quest is fun and it's completely up to the player to use it or not.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2021, 09:25:08 AM »

The Sierra-core quest ship is definitely not stronger than its vanilla equivalent: the Ziggurat.  Both are unique quest rewards that are stronger than the typical vanilla ship.  Sierra's more fun to watch and use though (I don't care for pure Phase gameplay).

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2021, 10:32:13 AM »

The Sierra-core quest ship is definitely not stronger than its vanilla equivalent: the Ziggurat.  Both are unique quest rewards that are stronger than the typical vanilla ship.  Sierra's more fun to watch and use though (I don't care for pure Phase gameplay).

Are those supposed to be equivalents?
Cause I always get Sierra's ship much, much earlier and easier.

I don't really care about the balance, especially not on a unique design, but I wouldn't consider those comparable in terms of effort involved.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2021, 11:06:38 AM »

They're equivalent in that both are unique quest reward ships that you can only acquire 1 of, and as such have unique mechanics specific to them while being stronger than any standard ship with equivalent DP that you can order off the assembly line.  Obviously they're not equivalent in power levels; the Ziggurat has about 3x higher DP.  But in terms of strength on a per-DP level, I'd definitely claim the Ziggurat is a larger breach of the norm than the Sierra ship.

Ziggy always spawns in the same place, so after the first discovery you can grab Ziggy in the next runs whenever you're strong enough, no quests are technically required to do so.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2021, 10:38:40 PM »

is the vow class supposed too look like this in the simulator? and its ability cant be used. maybe it has to do with the systems expertise skill integration? but idk whats causing it. it definitely doesnt look right though

Spoiler
[close]

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 29, 2021, 03:34:08 AM »

I'm finally coming out of my shameless habit of robbing the forum of mods wihout saying anything to say I love this mod, especially the Sierra storyline!

As for the Starwitch, he's my feedback:
The ship sometimes has visual bugs in the refit screen, as seen here:
Spoiler
[close]

I both love this ship and hate you for the fact Sierra does not have Misisle SPecialization, or that her 8 elite skills can not be modified. Then again you can hve an Alpha Core Superbriliant without automated ships so I should not complain. Quite a shame tough, I would kill for Elite Missile Spec on what's arguably thre best setup for the cruiser, which is this one. It's filthy strong already but I can guarantee you it would get even better with Integrated Hullmods. It could be a good idea to swap one PUlse laser for an Ion beam and the other one for something very flux intensive, like a Heavy blaster. Iop PUlsers works just as well as the IOn BEam but that side mountsd hardpoint makes it rather hard for the ship to hit a lot with it, especially small targets.
Spoiler
[close]

This setup also works surprisingly well, that Paladin PD both makes sure the skittish SIerra personality gets in there and also doubles as a rather flux efficient frag weapon when the enemy hull has been melted thanks to the double phase lances:
Spoiler
[close]

Looking forward to finding the remaining content of this mod and see what's in store for the furure  :)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 03:36:16 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

tiberazure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2021, 07:53:08 AM »

Would be fun seeing capital class fitted sierra core, or getting more sierra cores. As its a nice change from reckless AI cores. These Siersas which u can mentor their aggression to your liking.
Any ideas for ix battlegroup, they feel like unfinished faction as of now. They do not really have a place with nex currently, no faction goals just negative rep with everyone. U can ally with them, ofc by building rep via agents, and missions. But other than that, not much is unique about them.

Chinno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2021, 12:03:13 PM »

Lustrate seems a bit OP ?

I DO understander that every REMNANT ship is more powerful in their DP ,and Radiant is a totally beast ,but Lustrate seems too aggresive to parry.

it has 4 small universal and 1 Medium energy slots, *3 damage in Temporal Shell, with over 300 speed,and oftenly a 8 level officer, an a fighter bay with Phosphor Fighter(2 railgun).

all of that makes a killing mechine-- every frigate and destroyer can be killed in a 1 on 1 combat in short time,and almost impossible to run away while in danger.

it is true that Lustrate is vulnerable without Tempporal Shell,  but it is TOO AGGRESSIVE   thus many of my AI ships dies from it.

scarab also have 5 small slots, but it has no ballistic and no MEDIUM slot thus scarab can't attack shield by kinetic weapon and  can't attack armor by medium energy weapon,
sadly Lustrate have BOTH small ballistic and medium energy,which makes Lustrate too hard to parry.

a 4 railgun and 1 phase lance Lustrate with Alpha core officer in simulation:

kill hammerhead in 1 Temporal Shell  time
kill eagle in 3 Temporal Shell time( remove all shield in 1 TS time)

in one word, Lustrate is too effective in killing AI ally, makes the REMNANT fight frustrating.

to avoid ally kiiled by Radiant:  avoid assignment
to avoid ally killed by Lustrate:   pray and killing Lustrate as fast as you can.   

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
  • "They killed my Warden again!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2021, 06:55:55 AM »

So... I was coming back to my relatively new colony (on a yellow warning system) and I find this...
does this mod have some funny surprise nexus mechanics? or did I just miss a F***ing nexus on orbit the fist times I was here?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Girogi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2021, 01:24:07 AM »

Hihi, love the mod, I have a question because I'm not sure if it's bugged or not. But I'm doing The Promise quest, and I've already spoken with the broken AI ship and it told me to go to a research station in the system and fight some Remnants. I found the station, the one that's pinging purple, but when I interact with it it just says that exploration at this time is unwise. Do I need something to trigger the Remnants or is this a bug. Note I have Nexerelin (thought that'd be useful). Thanks again for the mod! Love all the cool ships

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2021, 11:41:28 PM »

There's an error in the option nobody will probably pick.
Spoiler
[close]
Also Sierra counts towards your officer limit, cannot be reassigned despite being removable by storing whatever ship it is in, making it simply cumbersome to use. Either just make Sierra a normal officer or integrate it into the quest ship if the API allows it.

Edit:Storing whatever ship Sierra is on makes the ship still have Sierra in it but makes Sierra reassignable to any other ship, leading to infinite Sierras.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:23:06 AM by mora »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29