Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630453 times)

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.3f - Systems
« Reply #315 on: May 27, 2019, 12:14:54 PM »

The person you need to deliver the core to will be within a debris field somewhere in the same system you got the core.

What do I do if I accidentally fudge up the order of that quest?

Current campaign I have found the Promise system and got the Sierra Core there, and then afterwards I talked to some broken AI ship near the core sector and it told me to go explore the Promise system. However, the system's already explored and I already have the core I got from it, so I think the quest is stuck and can't update now?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 27, 2019, 01:21:41 PM »

The person you need to deliver the core to will be within a debris field somewhere in the same system you got the core.

What do I do if I accidentally fudge up the order of that quest?

Current campaign I have found the Promise system and got the Sierra Core there, and then afterwards I talked to some broken AI ship near the core sector and it told me to go explore the Promise system. However, the system's already explored and I already have the core I got from it, so I think the quest is stuck and can't update now?
Should work fine if you go back to the system, as long as you don't somehow lose the core.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2019, 06:51:42 AM »

Should work fine if you go back to the system, as long as you don't somehow lose the core.

So it did. Thank you.
Now, what exactly does
Spoiler
the special hullmod on the ship
[close]
do? It's tooltip says that
Spoiler
the sierra core "learns" skills from an officer, but I have not seen anything happen after assigning an officer to the ship and fighting a battle like that.
[close]

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.3g - Systems
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »

It's just fluff text stating that a officer's skills still apply even though they're technically not entirely in control of the ship.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »

Ah okay, I was worried there was a thing I was doing wrong. Thanks.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »

Small possible bug report regarding the redacted thing.

Spoiler
[close]
I don't think this is intended, but I don't even know if it's possible to make it not happen.

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »

Is anyone just not getting the Omnicron fleet to join battle? Tried with a Remnant Nexus, they did not join, and now with a swarm of Remnant sub-ordos.
Edit: Just checked in the next battle, it says it's joining the enemy instead of me, yet their ships are not listed on the enemy or in my fleet nor do they apear in battle.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:56:15 PM by Rafs »

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2019, 07:27:31 AM »

How come the Ninth battlegroup isn't displayed in the factions' list?
Also is it compatible with Nexerelin? It doesn't seem to interact with any of the other factions. Love the ships and extra stuff tho!

Currently commanding my fleet from [redacted]'s ship, using the unboardable boardables mod to take control and fix more [redacted] ships- Your mod makes this Lore Friendly even!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:30:29 AM by Orcling »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »

How come the Ninth battlegroup isn't displayed in the factions' list?
Also is it compatible with Nexerelin? It doesn't seem to interact with any of the other factions. Love the ships and extra stuff tho!

Currently commanding my fleet from [redacted]'s ship, using the unboardable boardables mod to take control and fix more [redacted] ships- Your mod makes this Lore Friendly even!
Intel thing is a holdover from when they spawned in random systems, they'll be visible in intel in the next AE update (whenever that is). They don't participate in Nexerelin intentionally - it doesn't make sense for their lore as isolationists (although you can still give them markets I've heard, funnily enough)

KingJasper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2019, 09:01:29 AM »

Is there any point to refusing the ship in the promise mission?

I know that accepting it gives you a unique ship but what is the point of saying no?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »

In this version, no, there isn't any benefit to refusing the ship. It's just there in case you don't want it for whatever reason (e.g you're playing a themed faction run)

KingJasper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »

In this version, no, there isn't any benefit to refusing the ship. It's just there in case you don't want it for whatever reason (e.g you're playing a themed faction run)
cool ty

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »

They don't participate in Nexerelin intentionally - it doesn't make sense for their lore as isolationists (although you can still give them markets I've heard, funnily enough)

They might not want to attack others, but that doesn't necessarily mean that other's don't wanna take over the Eyrie-
Also for being Isolationists they sure have a ton of giant Merchant fleets :D

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »

Any chance you'll ever add the grey recolors for the other remnant ships, like as a free/cheap Hull feature/mod ? Like with Sierra. I'd love to have a full Remnant fleet with Sierra as my flagship but the mismatching colors hurt me.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:21 PM »

Hi, love the mod, especially the Flourish. It's everything I love in one speedy package.

However I've noticed that it seems to eat supplies like crazy after it's been damaged, especially in hyperstorms. It always takes massive hull and armor damage from strikes that the supply-to-repair counter states will take 24 supplies to repair (consistently) but actually ends up using upwards of 40 supplies to repair all the damage. For a frigate that's excessive. It makes it damn near unusable in campaign without commands to replace the supplies it pisses away either from battle or hyperspace damage, particularly in early game fleets.

It also seems to take way longer than expected to finish the repairs (about twice as long as listed in the overview). I think this might be why it goes through so many supplies (keeping up the supply usage but fixing damage at half the rate). I'm certain that this must be a bug.

<another edit> after some more testing the supply sink definitely appears to be a result of hull and armor damage, of which hyperstorm strikes cause large amounts of, and does not (as far as I can tell) have anything to do with CR recovery. I haven't tested other ships from AE for this behavior, so I'm not sure if any of them have the same issue.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:56:46 PM by PreConceptor »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29