Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 632450 times)

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.3f - Systems
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »

Hello friends...I started a vanilla normal campaign and then I installed this mod... I played it normally except for the fact that the ninth battlegroup planets aren't there (I wasn't expecting it though).. but after finishing the "Promise" quest I don't know what to do with the "sierra core", I cannot find anyone to give it to. Any recommendation ??

Cheers

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2019, 07:38:43 PM »

Every time I've done the Sierra core thing there was an immobile Remnant-type ship somewhere in the same system that wanted it back near some wreckage and debris of other ships, so I'd search every nook and cranny of Promise.

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2019, 07:43:54 AM »

Was it in a core system? What faction? Maybe I don't have that since I used a vanilla saved game and later I installed the mod...  :-\

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2019, 07:50:51 AM »

The person you need to deliver the core to will be within a debris field somewhere in the same system you got the core.

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »

Thank you guys !... Silly me !  ;D

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2019, 11:51:47 AM »

I seem to be having a bug where the battle just wont finish if some of your ship are in it and retreat. Like there will be no enemy ship anymore but no option to claim victory. Im using latest version of starsector with nerexelin.

emeticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2019, 12:40:19 AM »

Not sure this is related to this mod, but occurred after I updated it : I was fleeing from a fight and my last ship was unable to flee form the edge of the map, it was a Clio class frigate. I was in full retreat, and I think all enemy ships might have retreated too as well but couldn't claim victory either. That ship was AI but when I took control the 'Enter to retreat' near the edge was showing but not doing anything.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »

Was waiting to see about this, and yeah - it was a bug in vanilla wigging out the Clio when it tried to retreat. That bug has been fixed in the just-released hotfix.

emeticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »

Great news, can get my Clio out of the garage again.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2019, 09:58:48 PM »

Hey, I love the mod. The only complaint I have is that XI battlegroup and their system does some weird things to the economy, so I tried to disable it.

Using your ae_settings.ini, I followed the instruction and set it to true. I'm afraid to say that your config settings- at least as I have configured, doesn't work.

Code
"noEyrie":false, # default: false
This is the default. If you set this to
Code
"noEyrie":true, # default: false
It gives off the error of
Code
Fatal: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in theeyrie system refers to invalid entity eyrie_scorn
Cause: Market in theeyrie system refers to invalid entity: eyrie_scorn
Check starsector.log for more info.

Am I doing this wrong? Or is there a bug here that breaks this config line.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »

Could you give some more details? The config seems to work fine on my end. Are you using Nexerelin's random mode? What operating system are you on? Are you making sure to start a new game? Could you provide a copy of your starsector.log file after the error has occured (or a snippet of it, including the error message)?

OMGRussian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2019, 04:18:43 AM »

Could you give some more details? The config seems to work fine on my end. Are you using Nexerelin's random mode? What operating system are you on? Are you making sure to start a new game? Could you provide a copy of your starsector.log file after the error has occured (or a snippet of it, including the error message)?

I also get exactly the same Fatal error when setting "noEyrie":true

My log reports this:
Code
236484 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in theeyrie system refers to invalid entity eyrie_scorn
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in theeyrie system refers to invalid entity eyrie_scorn
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.xD20000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in theeyrie system refers to invalid entity eyrie_scorn
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
... 14 more

Running on Windows 10 Pro x64. I've got a large number of mods enabled, but I don't use Nexerelin myself. CTD upon starting a new game, immediately after skip tutorial choice.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.3g - Systems
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2019, 06:46:18 AM »

Thanks! Issue fixed, download updated with 1.5.3g, only other change is that the Eyrie markets no longer go above the industry limit.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »

Heya. Sorry, I didn't have the time to post my Starsector.log right away- I just recreated the issue and noticed another bug related to setting it to `true`- and then realized you fixed both!

Thanks so much, this version doesn't contain either issue I had previously experienced.
You're a very attentive dev, and I appreciate all the work you put into this mod, I like it a lot.

Just for some feedback, as to why I (and maybe others?) wanted to remove the Eyrie in our games.

Starting out, there's no real stated reason for the Eyrie and IX battlegroup existing.
As a player, I tried to find info on the Eyrie without risking my vessels- and found that I couldn't find anything. I found myself asking questions that fit into three categories.
Who are they- and how to they related to everyone else?
What faction-player interactions do they have that I need to be aware of?
What's their function to me, the player? Obviously the dev spent time adding them for my enjoyment.

Regardless, I don't intend this as criticism. I know too little about the Eyrie- which is the root cause for my intent to disable it. I hope I can help you see from a player's POV. As I said, I appreciate the work and care you put into your mod!

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2019, 08:38:12 AM »

For now, the Eyrie is mostly a zone of player-murder, something you can challenge later in the game to try and pick up some of their very powerful ships. You can also befriend them by giving them enough AI cores (assuming you manage to get to one of their planets). I think this might be much clearer if they were in the intel tab, which I'll toggle on for the next version (which'd also let you see their lore blurb)

They'll have greater significance in the future, but I won't say exactly how.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29