Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630273 times)

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3.2 - Mimicry
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2017, 11:17:20 PM »

Pretty sure wraith drones were the new SRA fighter wing. The crew error is a known bug.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2017, 11:47:42 PM »

got it, thanks..removing

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2017, 02:27:22 AM »

D-Pigeons
Speaking of them - D versions do not loose the D or change skin upon restoring to full condition. Tested it in a new playthrough.

But anyway, I've begun new smuggler-oriented playthrough (I'll make a run on voltrum in 12 parasecks ;) ) and the sentinel wolf feels way better. First off, I haven't seen any around aside from the one I've bought at some forsaken black market in persean leauge territory. So it feels already thousand times better in comparison to every pirate scout rocking with 2 of them and just eating you. I didn't done much combat this time yet so I'm not fully aware of it's new/old capabilities but the SNT Wolf in general was doing okay on the retreats. The drone/fighter seems to have more reasonable range and was doing some good and much wanted distraction & acted as far range PD.

In general I like it much more now. I would only say that SNT Wolf tho seems kind of slow and now being brought much better into line with other ships I would perhaps add back some speed to him (145? still slower than regular 150) or one more phase skimmer charge (still one less than regular wolf).

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2017, 02:37:41 AM »

D-Pigeons
Speaking of them - D versions do not loose the D or change skin upon restoring to full condition. Tested it in a new playthrough.

Can't be sure, but this is likely because the "Pigeon (D)" that comes as a skin with this mod is not the same as a "Pigeon (D)" the game creates as a damaged ship after a battle or as a derelict. In the former case, restoring the ship just brings it back to being a D-skin but without the D-mods, while in the latter it restores it to a stock Pigeon.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2017, 02:41:57 AM »

D-Pigeons

Can't be sure, but this is likely because the "Pigeon (D)" that comes as a skin with this mod is not the same as a "Pigeon (D)" the game creates as a damaged ship after a battle or as a derelict. In the former case, restoring the ship just brings it back to being a D-skin but without the D-mods, while in the latter it restores it to a stock Pigeon.

Nope for sure. I have snatched one (D) as derelict floating in space and they're not loosing D prefix.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2017, 03:27:36 AM »

Nope for sure. I have snatched one (D) as derelict floating in space and they're not loosing D prefix.

Huh. Weird weird. :-\ In that case I got nothing.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2017, 06:07:25 AM »

Huh. Weird weird. :-\ In that case I got nothing.
\

Me neither because some of the mod ships work fine. At the same time the same issue touches some of the vanilla ships and I do not talk about the unique paintjobbed variants.

So I'm totally clueless is it something which can be fixed by a mod creator or do we have to wait for 0.8.1.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2017, 07:53:43 AM »

Not sure if it's something I'm supposed to fix. IIRC Alex might change that for 0.8.1 but I'm not entirely certain if he said that.

The Pigeon (D) is identical to the normal Pigeon except for the built-in hullmods, so restoring it should make it just as good as any normal Pigeon.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »

I bet. I would wait for Alex to fix the issue that bugs the vanilla ships, as I think it will fix the problem.

Anyway, I keep on playing my smuggler playthrough btw. I tested a few things out, fooled around get into some battles (then rolled back) - and I do really like the SNT Wolf as it is now. It's not overpowered at all anymore. It's rare, so finding one on the market is an reward in itself. It also brings good sensors for campaign use and if properly setup it will win with regular Wolf.

Only it's speed... 140 vs 150 makes a huge difference, so huge had to counter it with unstable injector to make it more mobile combatant. But other than that, I absolutely love it and it's lore friendly too. The drone fighter have a sufficient range to be useful without turning it overpowered. And it's a good distraction especially if enemy ship doesn't have omni shield, also acts as decent pd. So...

Good job Raccon! I really like it, it's strong but in it's own way. For sure it plays differently than regular wolf, without breaking anything so huge props for that.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2017, 07:29:15 AM »

New update. Some changes to the Wolf Sentinel, specifically reducing its sensor range bonus slightly and decreasing the range of its drone, so that it should no longer be able to help out other ships that it isn't engaging itself. A new fighter, effectively the 0.7 Terminator except as a standalone fighter to be installed in whatever carrier you wish, and with six identical but harmless clones that help it distract things. Also, a new missile weapon, the Pulse Rocket MRM, regenerating, ionising and reliable, but dealing only a little energy damage.

Seems like someone took my idea into consideration
May the fry be with you.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

Small thing, but it seems that none of the ships have any Autofit variants to go off of.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »

ionno if I've mentioned this yet or not but if so it deserves mentioning again; I love that your mod is a vanilla tie-in, and not just a new faction & markets & visual aesthetic.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Neeew update! Adds the Minotaur-class combat freighter, a new hullmod for you to find and stick on your ships, a buff for the Mule Miner (a different new hullmod makes it refit drones at normal speed), and some minor tweaks. The Torment also now uses the Sunder Warden's Flux Armor system, instead of Damper Field.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:04:49 PM by InventorRaccoon »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3.3 - Bullrush
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14:23 PM »

Looks interesting, might give it a go in a while but I don't wanna start another playthrough.

Anyway, could you start numbering the release'es maybe? (:

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3.3 - Bullrush
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2017, 01:13:38 AM »

Pigeon appears way too often in pirate fleets, I have fought multiple fleets where 9 out of 10 ships are Pigeons. They also up the pirate difficulty curve by being a pretty well rounded ship with expensive weapon loadout presets (compared to the trash pirates have in non-modded starsector). Also I think the scrapper is maybe a little too strong/well equipped for a pirate ship, I don't think that default pirates used light needlers that often.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:17:50 AM by Bastion.Systems »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29