Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with modded starsector...  (Read 1622 times)

Kyuss11

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Help with modded starsector...
« on: December 19, 2016, 02:38:43 PM »

Ok so I have downloaded Nemos list of mods and installed the java runtime se and allocated 4gb of ram of which I have 16.
Starsector runs fine and I get 60fps but anytime I'm in battle my ship is not there and trails of my firing range start to accumulate when I move and become a blur pattern.
Does anyone know what might cause this....I have updated drivers and stuff but I'm wondering if there is a setting that needs to be turned off or changed.Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:48:54 PM by Kyuss11 »

Kyuss11

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Help with modded starsector...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »

Ok,fixed problem....
It turns out that GraphicsLib was causing the tear in image and that's because my Nvidia GPU was not being used despite the several attempts to force its use.
I apparently had to reset my nvidia setting under nvidia control panel and then select the Starsector exe file to use my nvidia gpu.
Everything works great.

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:49 AM »

You're a saint. Never knew what was causing that bug
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 02:35:29 AM »

Yet that's one of the items covered in the Mod Troubleshooting Guide that is pinned in the Modded Support section of the forum...