Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-11)  (Read 109185 times)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-8)
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »

3.0.0 alpha-9

- Compatible to StarSector 0.95a.
- Fixed a CSV file decoding issue, which cause single quotation mark and line-breaker-in-comment result unintended phrasing.

https://github.com/Deathfly/sf-ship-ed/releases/download/3.0.0/sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-9.exe
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-9)
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2021, 07:46:46 AM »

I tried to change the vigilance's missile hard point to a high arc turret. But it didn't work, can anyone help me about this?

Spoiler
   "shieldRadius": 80,
    "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vigilance.png",
    "style": "MIDLINE",
    "viewOffset": 0,
    "weaponSlots": [
        {
            "angle": 60,
            "arc": 270,
            "id": "WS 001",
            "locations": [
            ],
            "mount": "TURRET",
            "size": "MEDIUM",
            "type": "ENERGY"
        },
        {
            "angle": 0,
            "arc": 105,
            "id": "WS 002",
            "locations": [
            ],
            "mount": "TURRET",
            "size": "MEDIUM",
            "type": "MISSILE"
        }
    ],
    "width": 63
}
[close]

Wolfynator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2021, 06:22:51 AM »

Unless I'm missing something, editing built-in wings does not seem to work.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »

Did you remember to give the ship_data.csv entry any bays?

Wolfynator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2021, 06:48:05 PM »

Did you remember to give the ship_data.csv entry any bays?

Ok I solved it, I thought it was 'left arrow key' to remove a built-in wing and not 'backspace' lol. On an unrelated note, do you happen to know if .ship files get merged/replaced entirely? For some context, I have replaced the built-in wing of the shepherd with my own fighter, but the shepherd still retains the old borer wing and the new one is simply added.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »

Ok I solved it, I thought it was 'left arrow key' to remove a built-in wing and not 'backspace' lol. On an unrelated note, do you happen to know if .ship files get merged/replaced entirely? For some context, I have replaced the built-in wing of the shepherd with my own fighter, but the shepherd still retains the old borer wing and the new one is simply added.
Yes, vanilla content is loaded by default. Your mod has created a new shepherd.ship file that is being added to the vanilla one. Since the vanilla has Borers, the sum says it still has Borers, you see?

If your shepherd.ship file correctly defines a whole ship, you can use the 'replace' command in your mod_info.json file.
  "replace":["data\\hulls\\shepherd.ship"],
The replace command stops the vanilla game from loading the target file. It TRUSTS that you are supplying a correct replacement because there are dependencies upon that file. (ie if it aint right, you crash)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:43:15 PM by IonDragonX »

Wolfynator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:04 AM »

Yes, vanilla content is loaded by default. Your mod has created a new shepherd.ship file that is being added to the vanilla one. Since the vanilla has Borers, the sum says it still has Borers, you see?

If your shepherd.ship file correctly defines a whole ship, you can use the 'replace' command in your mod_info.json file.
The replace command stops the vanilla game from loading the target file. It TRUSTS that you are supplying a correct replacement because there are dependencies upon that file. (ie if it aint right, you crash)

Thanks, that was really helpful. Looks like I'm better off not replacing the vanilla shepherd and instead whip up a new one to avoid compatibility issues in the future.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2021, 06:45:15 AM »

It works for me as well but we didn't use to need to do this, not sure if the 0.95 update caused this. Is there any way around to implement our changes without the replace command in mod_info.json file?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:50 PM »

It works for me as well but we didn't use to need to do this, not sure if the 0.95 update caused this. Is there any way around to implement our changes without the replace command in mod_info.json file?
Well, most mods just leave the Vanilla files alone and create new ships. If you make your mod use a different internal ID for your ship (EX: instead of "shepherd" you make "shepherd_ustad") then both versions of the ship would be in the game and not conflict.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »

Is this only for ships? Because when I edit weapons the changes I made take place in the game.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »

Is this only for ships? Because when I edit weapons the changes I made take place in the game.
Well, ships are actually *.variant in the campaign. When a new ship "pops" in campaign, the *.ship file has to be loaded first, the optional *.skin file is loaded second, and the *.variant is loaded last.
So, making a ship, skin, or variant file needs to be clean. Vanilla has already loaded its own information, so your changes are additive.
You are probably only changing values in the weapons_info.csv, maybe? Those changes will overwrite the vanilla csv file in every line with an identical ID name. Only new ID names are additive in a csv file.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2021, 05:23:17 AM »

Well, ships are actually *.variant in the campaign. When a new ship "pops" in campaign, the *.ship file has to be loaded first, the optional *.skin file is loaded second, and the *.variant is loaded last.
So, making a ship, skin, or variant file needs to be clean. Vanilla has already loaded its own information, so your changes are additive.
You are probably only changing values in the weapons_info.csv, maybe? Those changes will overwrite the vanilla csv file in every line with an identical ID name. Only new ID names are additive in a csv file.
I change some things about .wpn files as well such as "mountTypeOverride":"HYBRID", thing. When I change it without replace command the changes take part in the game.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-8)
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »

3.0.0 alpha-9

- Compatible to StarSector 0.95a.
- Fixed a CSV file decoding issue, which cause single quotation mark and line-breaker-in-comment result unintended phrasing.

https://github.com/Deathfly/sf-ship-ed/releases/download/3.0.0/sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-9.exe
In the variant mode, could you increase the weapon groups to 7? Would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 07:22:32 AM by IonDragonX »

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-10)
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2021, 08:57:21 PM »

3.0.0 alpha-10

-Rework weapon render order sorting to correctly follow hull render hints and weapon slot renderOrderMod.
-Add a notification to tell current hull do not have fighter bay when trying to add fighter wing on it.
-Raise weapon group limit to 7.
-Rework weapon mount icons so make them more easy to be precisely placed.

https://github.com/Deathfly/sf-ship-ed/releases/download/3.0.0/sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-10.exe
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-10)
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2021, 04:09:56 AM »

Interesting, its possible to change weapon slot types in ship mode?

Also about features, I think handy one is writing how much weapon slots of which size and type and fighters slots already have, and how much them is not build in, for more easier counting of them on big ships with alot of slots.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10