Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-11)  (Read 108259 times)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-10)
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2022, 01:54:14 AM »

3.0.0 alpha-11

-add "fighter_bay_mods" to setting file that can be used to register hullmods that modify fighter bay count.
-organized as [hullmodID1, modifier1, hullmodID2, modifier2..] manner, check the default value for reference.
-add mountTypeOverride compatibility, along with HYBRID, SYNERGY, COMPOSITE and UNIVERSAL weapon type.
-engine state text editor can access to all engine state field now.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Glendening

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-11)
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2022, 06:06:02 AM »

So I guess i'm not understanding something. When I choose "load mod" and select the mod folder, the tool doesn't seem to do anything. After doing that if I try to open wing_data.csv the editor crashes with an access violation. If, after loading the mod I go to edit fighter wing (5) then edit CSV (t) it shows a template as if I want to add a new fighter. What am I doing wrong?

illusion_xxx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2022, 12:28:51 AM »

If I simply increase the Ordnance Points of a class of ship, will AI fleets with those ships make use of the extra points with better weapons/more shield? Or will they stay with their old designs? Conversely, if I reduce the OP, what would happen to those ships in AI fleets?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:30:44 AM by illusion_xxx »

V_KJ

• Ensign
  • Coffee tastes great, wdym?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2022, 08:40:57 AM »

Would be pretty cool if there was a Mac version of this.
"How do you code in a Macbook?"

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2022, 09:10:31 AM »

Works just fine in WINE.

Several years ago Deathfly and I had a shot at building a Mac version; I might try again later when I don’t have any mod stuff left on my plate.

V_KJ

• Ensign
  • Coffee tastes great, wdym?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2022, 02:15:34 AM »

Works just fine in WINE.

Several years ago Deathfly and I had a shot at building a Mac version; I might try again later when I don’t have any mod stuff left on my plate.

I tired the same method you did, but it doesn't work for me, so I guess imma just have to wait for a stable Mac version.
"How do you code in a Macbook?"

Hyperion505

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2022, 03:10:53 AM »

Shortly after I posted, I opened the ship up in a different editor and saw the messed-up weapon mounts. But the issue was i thought negative degrees for the weapon arcs were a thing...

Needless to say, I set them to a positive value and things are working great now, thanks for this wonderful tool.

Disregard This, leaving the question just in case someone has a brain fart like me and has a similar issue.

On a custom ship I added all of my weapon mounts and set the angle of the mounts and the firing arcs and made sure they were set to Turret mode.

When I get in game and attempt to refit my custom ship, some equipped weapons are pointing the wrong way and/or don't rotate. If I mouse over them with a weapon equipped in the wrong orientation, I can see a ghost image of the weapon in the correct orientation but that's about it.

Am I missing something simple?
Should I be saving the .ship file on its own and not overwriting it?
Does having weapon mounts be too close to each other cause issues?
It's really random to what mounts it happens to.

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 03:46:32 AM by Hyperion505 »

Jack Hansan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2022, 09:16:08 AM »

EDIT: Discovered the id for the fighter wing and ship didn't match after reading the wiki. Works now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 04:58:22 PM by Jack Hansan »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2023, 04:30:05 AM »

Only recently realized 11 was out, yea I know late to the party. Frist off thank you for keeping this great utility alive. One thing I noted though was when I was in the variant screen the cap and vent have a 999 for the max instead of the actual max of the size ship I am editing. At this point I pretty much have those caps burned into my memory but I figured since no one else mentioned it...

DeCell

• Ensign
  • Fenasi Kerim
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2023, 07:52:00 AM »

Any idea on where the config files are on .exe?

EDIT: lmao for some reason its path is "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" and whatever the file you putten the exe in :skull:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 08:26:57 AM by DeCell »

SlavenOlupina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2023, 09:13:22 AM »

Hi friends,

Im having a weird issue, was hoping someone knows a solution.

I can only use this ship editor once after i download exe. Trying to run the exe after that initial first use doesn't open the program anymore, nothing happens.

If i redownload, same thing, one use and it's done. Made an exception in antivirus and am sure it is not blocking the exe. There is also nothing i recognise in task manager which could be a running instance of the .exe preventing it from starting. Restarting pc also does nothing so im fairly sure it is not allready running.

On a positive side, awesome program, managed to make a working ship in one go.

Cheers!

edit: deleting the text files it creates after first use makes it work again, probably something on my end. Might be due to non english characters in my name and the program having a default path for creating text config files in c:\users\"name"... as DeCell noticed
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 09:51:34 AM by SlavenOlupina »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2023, 12:43:56 PM »

Tried out latest build.

1. The alphabetical-sort method for JSON entries feature works for Hull Mods (although it skips anything between parentheses in testing). I think this feature should be TRUE by default; this is extremely useful, when dealing with an enormous list of Hull Mods.

This feature would be extremely nice to have for weapons as well!

However, it has a minor bug: when you switch Variants, it reverts to the old behavior.

Even worse... once it's reverted, it doesn't go back. Whatever's going on there is a bit obscure; I've tried a couple of things to see whether it can be fixed, to no avail.

Aha! it appears that it's attempting to write to the config file in between operations- i.e., when switching between Hull --> Variant or Variant --> Variant. Setting that file to read-only causes a crash. It really should be just reading that file once, and not changing values there during operation, imo.

2. The feature "fighter_bay_mods" is a little obscure, and probably should have the hullmod "converted_hangar,1". I eventually figured it out.

3. The "mod_dirs" JSON section keeps getting duplicate entries in it, e.g.:

"C:\\Users\\username\\Desktop\\SS_MOD_DIRECTORY\\mods\\MOD_NAME/",

4. What happened to the source? There isn't a link to GitHub; if you disappear tomorrow, how will we maintain the code? Not that compiling that was ever "fun", given what it was written with. I really kind of wish we'd ported this to something more modern / maintainable like GameMaker Studio, lol.

5. Took a further look at the alpha-sort issue w/ Hull Mods.

It's alphabetizing off of the wrong data field in the CSV. It should be sorted by the "name" field, not the "id" field. The ids are arbitrary and have nothing to do with the names, but the names are what we're selecting by in the user interface. For example, the first entry is "Shield Conversion (Omni)" because the id is "adaptiveshields", even though it hasn't been called "Adaptive Shields" even in Vanilla for years now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:18:14 PM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2023, 08:32:36 AM »

The only thing that stops this from working on 0.96 is the administrator rights not getting applied correctly. If i give the program administrator rights manually (right click) it works. Otherwise you get hit with one of these.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 08:39:24 AM by IceFire »

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2023, 01:14:12 AM »

Hello ! The option to add built-in weapons doesn't work. Very sad because i wanted to create weird ships that needs to have those ...

Psaldorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2023, 05:53:19 AM »

I'm also having issue with built-in weapons, does it only work with certain types of weapon points? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10