Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phase Teleporter  (Read 1982 times)

Mini S

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Phase Teleporter
« on: December 08, 2016, 03:31:41 PM »

In my opinion Phase Teleporters should have charges like Phase Skimmer because they can teleport to long distances.
I am saying this because i was pursuing an Hyperion that had retreated from a big battle with 40%CR with my Shade and it moved through the battle field as fast as my Shade in the phase cloak like teleporting every 4-5 seconds passing that to battle time 1.3-1.6 seconds

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Phase Teleporter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

Hyperion is impossible to catch (unless it wants to be caught, and AI does... Unless retreating) and that is kind of intended, at least been that way forever.

It's role is candy for high-level players - in right hands the only real threat to Hyperion is CR timer. Any nerfs to teleport system would break that role. For example, SS+ added (at least when it was a single mod) small cooldown after jump, like 0.5 sec - that alone made Hyperion not worth bothering with. So I manually returned teleport system to vanilla values whenever I updated this mod.

Hyperion is utterly useless under AI control though (nowhere near worth it's supply cost and tends to die horribly to things that could easily be avoided). Really pity, because fighting against a Hyperion that at least somewhat understands how to properly use it's system would be quite fun.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 06:41:38 AM »

Hyperion is very expensive to use.  It is very powerful, but the player cannot solo more than a single fleet (of about 25 ships) with one before CR decays too much.  As for AI, it captures points much faster than anything else, but it is otherwise too cautious a fighter to be very effective at anything else.

Phase Teleporter is overpowered, but if has a delay, then Hyperion needs to be cheaper to use.  Also, Afflictor, yet another high-powered ship, can interrupt Phase Teleporter.  AI Afflictor is a very dangerous opponent for a playership Hyperion.  Getting disrupted means Hyperion can be two-shot killed by double AM blaster from Afflictor.  AI Afflictor is good at that.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:24:44 AM »

Afflictor with 3 charges of quantum disruptor actually overpowered. It turns off target shields because target is overloaded and got relatively fast system reload to spam it.