Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 642329 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #930 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:13 PM »

I just beat a "domain era survey mothership", but when I killed it and all its allies, the battle didn't end. My ships just sit there around the mothership (which also has no description).

edit: nvm, just took enemy fleet a minute to finish deploying other ships...

That should be fixed in the very-latest hotfix (as of a half hour ago).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »

@ Thaago:  That's right, and it (fast-paced and high-power) was fun!  FUN!

Skilless Starsector was slow and underpowered... and boring.  I refused to play missions.

All I am getting is speed, endurance, and convenience stuff.  I feel like my character is specializing in one or two tricks among a wide variety of stuff.

And with Unstable Injector making energy unviable for energy-based ships (except maybe for Paragon), ships really feel slow without every skill that boosts speed, and then it feels a bit slow instead of very slow.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:13:22 PM by Megas »

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 21, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »

MAXHYPE!

And yes, that's the default path 'grandfathered in'. :P

Nighteyes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »

It would be nice if putting skill points into one of the 4 main categories gave something. It's not very enjoyable getting that sweet level up only to invest it in upgrading a main category skill but get nothing directly out of it.

Doesn't even need to be major. Small things like more command points, better scavanging/post-fight looting results, and the sort. Just something to make it feel like it's not a lost point.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »

Starsector feels more polished and coherent with 0.8, especially the map is a nice touch. The tutorial is rewarding and not too much of a pain. I usually don't read the dialogue, so well done there Alex.

I'd switch the 'info' and 'lay in course' map options for practicality's sake.

Glad the skills have been toned down a notch. However, if you consider the skill categories to be overhead, Salvage gets the worst of it while Combat is the best. The # of skills could be evened out a tad. Looking at how many +armour and +resist Combat skills there are now, one could be axed in favour of the other tree. But for now I'm gonna play the game some more. ;)

TBH, I'm glad the skill categories don't give bonuses anymore. Puts the game more towards the baseline which was always the most fun. Sure, late-game carnage is fun too, but I'm looking forward to how that'll play with a more somber skill tree. What's important is that every category will have its playstyle and its rewards.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »

It would be nice if putting skill points into one of the 4 main categories gave something. It's not very enjoyable getting that sweet level up only to invest it in upgrading a main category skill but get nothing directly out of it.

Doesn't even need to be major. Small things like more command points, better scavanging/post-fight looting results, and the sort. Just something to make it feel like it's not a lost point.
I agree, I've thought the same.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »

Have to say, I love the update so far. Salvaging is a lot much fun, and man, I got lucky and found a dominator class cruiser in a debris field. Though, it seems sort of odd, that I can outright recover it without any losses with only the first skill in salvaging. I'm certainly not complaining though.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

Heya Alex, I bought this game some time ago, and I think I already spent my money's worth in time played, and then some. I have yet to play this update, but even aside the content, I am so happy to see this game is still being developed, as I absolutely love the premise. I'm sure it would not take much for me to have that adventure all over again, and I'm so grateful for the work of FSW!

Also I know I'm late to the party, but to our modders who might read this, you contributed so much to my love of this game, and I very much hope that our so-talented modders will have fun expanding this awesome game even further once again!

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »

Salvaged this in a near core system.

That is all, it's perfect.
Meanwhile I have yet to see a single damn REDACTED fleet in my game. Maybe it is because of the smaller sector?
Edit: Hey Alex, are hull mods supposed to be stupid rare drops from fleets? Out of the hundreds of normal and drone ships I faced, I have gotten like two MOD drops. Fighters are fine though
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:46:37 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 21, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »

If "redacted" you mean Remnant, then it could be luck.  I just went to the nearest named bounty a short distance away from the tutorial system, and after killing the bounty, the first Remnant frigate I saw found me.  Later, I found a wreckage pile with more dormant Remnants and some (D) ships I could salvage.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »

I'm thinking it might be because I set my system to small. I've explored around 20% of my systems and have not seen a single one of these new enemies...

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »

Have to say, I love the update so far. Salvaging is a lot much fun, and man, I got lucky and found a dominator class cruiser in a debris field. Though, it seems sort of odd, that I can outright recover it without any losses with only the first skill in salvaging. I'm certainly not complaining though.

Heya Alex, I bought this game some time ago, and I think I already spent my money's worth in time played, and then some. I have yet to play this update, but even aside the content, I am so happy to see this game is still being developed, as I absolutely love the premise. I'm sure it would not take much for me to have that adventure all over again, and I'm so grateful for the work of FSW!

Also I know I'm late to the party, but to our modders who might read this, you contributed so much to my love of this game, and I very much hope that our so-talented modders will have fun expanding this awesome game even further once again!

Thank you guys!

Meanwhile I have yet to see a single damn REDACTED fleet in my game. Maybe it is because of the smaller sector?

Just checked (made a quick "small" game) and they're definitely there.

Edit: Hey Alex, are hull mods supposed to be stupid rare drops from fleets? Out of the hundreds of normal and drone ships I faced, I have gotten like two MOD drops. Fighters are fine though

I should probably turn it up, hmm. salvageHullmodProb in settings.json is set to 0.01 - a 1% chance for a ship to drop any of the (droppable, i.e. not-built-in etc) mods it has. I'd expect that to be more than what you've been seeing, though, but it matches with stuff others have mentioned here, I believe.

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 21, 2017, 07:41:37 PM »

Hey Alex, loving the update!  But I've got an issue that I think might be a bug.  Whenever I salvage a Falcon, it's always missing the two middle small energy hardpoints in the middle of the ship.  If I pay to remove all the D mods, it doesn't fix the issue.  And if I exit the interface and re-enter it after fixing the ship, it gives me the option to remove D mods again and pay another hefty 68k which does nothing.  This can be repeated forever with no effect.  And yes, I am running the latest version.  Thanks!

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 21, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »

Hey Alex, loving the update!  But I've got an issue that I think might be a bug.  Whenever I salvage a Falcon, it's always missing the two middle small energy hardpoints in the middle of the ship.  If I pay to remove all the D mods, it doesn't fix the issue.  And if I exit the interface and re-enter it after fixing the ship, it gives me the option to remove D mods again and pay another hefty 68k which does nothing.  This can be repeated forever with no effect.  And yes, I am running the latest version.  Thanks!
Does it have something like "destroyed/ damaged/ downsized weapon mounts"?

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

Does it have something like "destroyed/ damaged/ downsized weapon mounts"?

No.  It has no D mods at all.  Nor are any listed on the info screen that I can see unless I'm missing something.  Here's a couple of screenshots I took through Steam where you can see the lack of mounts without any D mods listed.  In the first shot you can even see that it lists the total number of small energy mounts as 2 but it should be 4.  In the second shot, you can also see that I can pay to "Restore" the ship even though it isn't damaged.  Finally, in the 3rd shot you can see another Falcon that I bought from a shop (yes, I love Falcons) that does have a couple of D mods and yet those 2 middle mounts are operational. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/811054860947735510/46B183F52EADDC10AF0DAFEC5DCE039E6F7B2DD4/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/811054860947735994/2E7C1A41AC35C20ECDCA47A5BFA819F7BA400DC9/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/811054860947752848/06D5367B5735266859DFCB7C5FCFA8B42FB7FCE1/
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 116