Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 639388 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »

Thank you! Support & patience both much appreciated :)

Shanghaicola

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2017, 02:45:51 AM »

Could you at least tell us an estimated release date? I bought SC but didn´t play much (just enough to get hang of basics) because I noticed there is going to be big new update soon and didn´t want to burn out myself. Right now Im checking every single day like an idiot for some kind of release date...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:03:30 AM by Shanghaicola »

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2017, 03:14:24 AM »

Could at least tell us an estimated release date? I bought SC but didn´t play much (just enough to get hang of basics) because I noticed there is going to be big new update soon and didn´t want to burn out myself. Right now Im checking every single day like an idiot for some kind of release date...

Subscribe to the newsletter mailing list:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/lists/?p=subscribe

Or if you have an RSS client, the blog feed:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/feed/

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:16:41 AM by TJJ »

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2017, 03:24:33 PM »

Minor quality of life idea- when picking up loot (weapons) or buying at a market, any chance you could add a line in the tooltip that pops up telling you how many you already have in your cargo? It would save me playing snap with the weapon image and manually checking the inventory.

For example:

After battle, 2 light machine guns are available to pick up.

The existing tooltip just shows LMG stats, the new tooltip would show stats and also would say "you currently have XX LMGs in cargo".

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2017, 04:25:55 PM »

Minor quality of life idea- when picking up loot (weapons) or buying at a market, any chance you could add a line in the tooltip that pops up telling you how many you already have in your cargo? It would save me playing snap with the weapon image and manually checking the inventory.

For example:

The existing tooltip just shows LMG stats, the new tooltip would show stats and also would say "you currently have XX LMGs in cargo".

... Don't you already get this with the dual-screen system? Like, in a market or collecting salvage after a battle, you have the market/salvage screen on top and your inventory below, so you can see both at once.

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2017, 05:16:03 PM »

For example:

... Don't you already get this with the dual-screen system? Like, in a market or collecting salvage after a battle, you have the market/salvage screen on top and your inventory below, so you can see both at once.

Sort of, but if your inventory is quite large then it means scrolling and searching to compare the icons (remember a weapon icon is quite different if only a single item is available, compared to if you have five in cargo). To be fair, more an issue when mods are installed. Like I said, minor quality of life, I just notice myself having to do this a lot after battles, and I assume others must be doing the same.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2017, 05:31:28 PM »

Sort of, but if your inventory is quite large then it means scrolling and searching to compare the icons (remember a weapon icon is quite different if only a single item is available, compared to if you have five in cargo). To be fair, more an issue when mods are installed. Like I said, minor quality of life, I just notice myself having to do this a lot after battles, and I assume others must be doing the same.

Ah, I suppose if you play with a lot of mods and a very big fleet this could get problematic.

In that case, I have a better idea: When you mouse over an item in a salvage/market inventory, it highlights the weapon [stack] in your inventory if you have it, maybe just by putting a yellow glow over the grid square. It could work the same in the other direction when you mouse over something in your inventory, so you could quickly determine if a market has another weapon to match one you already have (happens a lot for someone like me who likes symmetrical loadouts, but often finds theirself salvaging weapons one at a time). I'd prefer this as it wouldn't add any additional numbers.

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »

Ah, I suppose if you play with a lot of mods and a very big fleet this could get problematic.

In that case, I have a better idea: When you mouse over an item in a salvage/market inventory, it highlights the weapon [stack] in your inventory if you have it, maybe just by putting a yellow glow over the grid square. It could work the same in the other direction when you mouse over something in your inventory, so you could quickly determine if a market has another weapon to match one you already have (happens a lot for someone like me who likes symmetrical loadouts, but often finds theirself salvaging weapons one at a time). I'd prefer this as it wouldn't add any additional numbers.

This also works if the screen showing your own inventory auto-scrolls. There are a few ways it could be addressed, but you get the picture.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2017, 06:00:04 PM »

Yeah, I get your meaning. I suppose I've just never had enough cargo in my inventory at once to require something like this.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2017, 08:56:39 PM »

Another salvage QoL request: Warn if you are not taking anything from that battle or salvage op. Many times I have accidentally brushed the hotkey to leave just as the screen appears and have lost out on that juicy loot
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »

For example:

What if it also showed stacks in storage, regardless of market. That could also apply to commodities.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »

Another salvage QoL request: Warn if you are not taking anything from that battle or salvage op. Many times I have accidentally brushed the hotkey to leave just as the screen appears and have lost out on that juicy loot
Doesn't a debris field spawn after battle now?  I mean, not saying that such a warning wouldn't be bad (in fact, I totally want it as well), but it seems if you do accidentally close out of the menu, there's a good chance you can just interact with the field after that to pick them up (not sure about the mechanics of Salvaging vs just interacting with stuff like that).
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:38 AM »

What if it also showed stacks in storage, regardless of market. That could also apply to commodities.
that's what i was thinking as well, showing the total amount of a good or weapon i have in storage somewhere would be more useful to me than showing the total amount i currently have in my cargo holds.

with some rare weapons especially, i like to keep a few of them around for when i need them, often even buying as soon as i find one anywhere in a market, even if i don't plan on using it in my current loadouts. but it becomes difficult at times to remember how many of those i already have, if any, and consequentially whether it's worth keeping/buying the one i'm currently looking at.

adding two lines of text to the tooltip like "you currently have X amount of this in your cargo holds" & "you currently have a total of X amount of this in storage somewhere" would solve that.

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2017, 07:00:47 AM »

Agreed, adding another line about quantity in storage makes good sense.

(I currently play no-storage games to force me to take freighters/tankers on all trips and up the risks of my raiding)

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »

A visible nod to them using supplies - such as, perhaps, fleets occasionally acting as if they're out of supplies - would be imo all that's necessary to fully "sell" it here.
If you don't mind me starting up the e-burn discussion again, I think I have a better idea.

Pirates are trying to make money. They're not mindless murder zombies attacking you for no reason, they're attacking you so they can take your stuff and sell it. If they spend too much money on supplies, they won't make enough money from selling your stuff to pay for said supplies. If your fleet is much smaller than theirs, there's no way they can make a profit by killing you if they spend a ton of supplies e-burning. So there should be some sort of fleet size comparison function where if your fleet is significantly smaller than the pirate fleet, they won't e-burn while chasing you. Fleets from factions that aren't motivated purely by profit, e.g. governments and Luddic Path raiders, should be willing to e-burn while chasing even if they're much larger than you are.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 116