Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 639196 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »

I guess I can't trust the wiki, currently it says the flux/s is 533 on the Mjolnir Cannon and 550 on the Hellbore... ???

Really glad to see some new ship hulls (especially a new capital ship) even though they are just carriers, maybe I will try piloting one. Any hidden or REDACTED hulls that might make it into this release? :D

The course setting feature seems like it'll be a great addition and should cut down on the amount of times one has to open the map to reorient.

About how valuable are we talking with class 5 planet data? Enough to buy a shiny new destroyer or something?

Anyways, a lot of digest here and super excited that we must really be getting close to release now! I'll surely have a few more questions later on...
I would hope that class 5 would mean like a fully fitted Paragon as I would think that is a Paradise level world

Annnnd that brings another question! Could we mod in something that allows us to exchange survey data for something other than credits?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »

Modding
  • Station weapons now render above all station modules
RIP Nemean Lion?

I guess I can't trust the wiki, currently it says the flux/s is 533 on the Mjolnir Cannon and 550 on the Hellbore... ???
Different measures - the wiki is giving you flux per second, while Alex' listing was flux per shot.  They're both right.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »

Annnnd that brings another question! Could we mod in something that allows us to exchange survey data for something other than credits?

Certainly. There are other REDACTED that in fact do REDACTED in a related manner.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »

Different measures - the wiki is giving you flux per second, while Alex' listing was flux per shot.  They're both right.
Wiki is outdated and not well maintained

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2017, 04:37:28 PM »

Are there any skills which give your ships bonus OP, or effective bonus OP a la the old Ordinance Expertise?

If modspecs can be dropped from ships which have that hullmod installed, can you potentially get a Heavy Ballistics Integration hullmod from killing lots of Conquests?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »

Are there any skills which give your ships bonus OP, or effective bonus OP a la the old Ordinance Expertise?

Yeah, there's one skill in Technology that gives +10% OP alongside modest increases to max vents/capacitors.

If modspecs can be dropped from ships which have that hullmod installed, can you potentially get a Heavy Ballistics Integration hullmod from killing lots of Conquests?

Negative - built-in hullmods can't drop.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »

Certainly. There are other REDACTED that in fact do REDACTED in a related manner.
Damnit Alex, stop being such a Hypester and RELEASE THE BEAST! Leave all the play testing to us!

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »

Modding
RIP Nemean Lion?
Not really, the current setup using twiglib already required some shenanigans to make everything render in the right order, and I actually won't have much to change to adapt it to the modules.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2017, 05:06:28 PM »

Modding
RIP Nemean Lion?
Not really, the current setup using twiglib already required some shenanigans to make everything render in the right order, and I actually won't have much to change to adapt it to the modules.
Well that's good to hear!

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

Alex, Can we adjust the cost of the D mod removal? I can't remember if you said we could or not. Also if you can: would it be per the settings file or per station? (or both?)

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2017, 05:08:45 PM »

Neutrino Detector ability (requires Sensors skill)

Detect entities anywhere in-system
Please define entity.

Tempest: increased shield arc to 120 degrees (was 90)
I'm seeing a bunch of Tempest buffs. Did you feel it was underperforming?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that the Tempest is one of the ships that got a smaller than 10% increase to its ordnance points, though, and the new drone is much less of a distraction / built-in wingman than the previous version.  So I guess we'll see.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »

Alex, Can we adjust the cost of the D mod removal? I can't remember if you said we could or not. Also if you can: would it be per the settings file or per station? (or both?)

Some related multipliers in settings, yeah.

Neutrino Detector ability (requires Sensors skill)

Detect entities anywhere in-system
Please define entity.

Intentionally ambiguous! The tooltip is a bit more specific.

Basically: all sorts of stuff, from fleets to salvage stuff to planets and stations to false readings.

That was more for gameplay reasons, arc was just a bit too narrow and it kept getting hit directly by stuff it "shouldn't" be hit by, it felt like.

Balance-wise, it may warrant a cost increase, but we'll see. The new Terminator drone is not a straight buff - sure, it sounds impressive on paper, but a lot of the benefit of the previous iteration was just how badly it messed up the enemy AI. The new one doesn't do that, *plus* the AI is better at dealing with that sort of thing anyhow. And an Active Flare Launcher, while fun, isn't exactly a high value-add for the Tempest.

I'd be willing to bet that the Tempest is one of the ships that got a smaller than 10% increase to its ordnance points

It got right around 10% - 45 to 50. But, yeah, spot on re: distraction value.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »

Somehow, through all this awesome stuff, the one that gets me the most is "Weapons with recoil now retract their barrels while ship is venting". It's the little details like that which make Starsector an incredible game.  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2017, 05:48:57 PM »

Somehow, through all this awesome stuff, the one that gets me the most is "Weapons with recoil now retract their barrels while ship is venting". It's the little details like that which make Starsector an incredible game.  ;D

Cycerin's suggestion, iirc :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 116