Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 642460 times)

Shiolle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #915 on: April 21, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »

It seems I've been able to break tutorial campaign twice.
1. After you defeat the first pirate and level up, if you assign those points immediately, you won't get a dialog telling you about skills and the campaign wouldn't progress. If you approach Hegemony world after that you will be asked to turn on your transponder, which you can't do because you don't have this ability yet and they will attack you immediately afterwards.
2. While salvaging the ship graveyard, if you decline one of the ship for some reason (I decided I didn't need a crappy carrier with 3 negative mods), you will never be able to complete the quest. Now I need to start the campaign over.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 21, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »

1. After you defeat the first pirate and level up, if you assign those points immediately, you won't get a dialog telling you about skills and the campaign wouldn't progress. If you approach Hegemony world after that you will be asked to turn on your transponder, which you can't do because you don't have this ability yet and they will attack you immediately afterwards.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

2. While salvaging the ship graveyard, if you decline one of the ship for some reason (I decided I didn't need a crappy carrier with 3 negative mods), you will never be able to complete the quest. Now I need to start the campaign over.

Do you have the hotfix? It's supposed to have fixed that. And there's also a new one, which I was about to post about here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 21, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »

Another hotfix is up! List of fixes in OP.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »

Good timing Alex - I just got home from work. :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »

I knew there was some reason I was trying to get it out quickly :)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 21, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »

Something is screwy with the Heavy Mortar sprite—the one seen in actual combat is strangely elongated and pretty obviously doesn't match up with the sprite seen in the shop/inventory/Codex.

Was there a revision to the sprite that wasn't properly updated? I like the look of the one seen in icon form, as said the one seen mounted in combat has a strangely long base, but so long as the two sprites are made consistent I don't care.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »

Hardpoint vs turret sprite, I think.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »

thanks for all those quick fixes! :]

oh, and i think i've only posted some questions and complaints so far, so i just wanna say that overall i love 0.8!! ^_^

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 21, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »

oh, and i think i've only posted some questions and complaints so far, so i just wanna say that overall i love 0.8!! ^_^

Thank you :D

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 21, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »

Hardpoint vs turret sprite, I think.

Oh geez, I didn't even know there were separate sprites based on that. Are there other weapons with two sprites based on mounting?

I do indeed have them mounted on my Hammerhead so the longer sprite would be the hardpoint sprite, eh? Gotcha.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 21, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »

Oh geez, I didn't even know there were separate sprites based on that. Are there other weapons with two sprites based on mounting?

Only every single weapon in the game.

Ahem.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 21, 2017, 03:59:11 PM »

Haha...AHEM indeed. >_>

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »

I made a test save after cheating up max level to see if I can get everything I want at level 40 and... there are not quite enough to get all of the most desirable skills (maybe a few short).  So far, Gunnery Implants 3, Power Grid Modulation 3, Evasive Maneuvers 1, and Helmsmanship 2 are must-take for every character for me, because I got to have my speed (max speed, maneuverability, and venting) and shot range.  Then, I get to a variety of skills I very much like to take.

And this is ignoring damage boosts, heavy armor, command points, navigation, and fighter skills.

In a way, I am glad that the neutrino ability is annoying.  (I will not bring along another fuel to power a dubious ability that kills Sustained Burn and consume cargo space and money.)  That saves me the trouble of considering the sensor skill.

I did this to see if I can get by with max skills minus high Industry (for max surveying and salvaging).  I do not think I can do this without giving up stuff.

So far, Leadership is the least useful for me if I do not focus on fighters.  Fleet Logistics and more officers look very nice, but I do not think I can afford it all.  Just Leadership 1 to get Coordinated Maneuvers 1 (more speed!) and six officers is what I can settle for.

Technology 3 is non-negotiable.  Must have shot range and max dissipation regardless who I play.  Combat 2 will be a given due to more speed (Helmsmanship 2)!  Industry 2 seems like a minimum.  I really like Safety Procedures 2, and I suspect I need at least 2 for surveying and salvaging to explore the game.

While level 40 max seems okay for now, despite coming up a little short to get everything I deem necessary, I shudder to think how lack of points will hurt if more skills fill out the attributes.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 21, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »

Thanks for the response! In the tutorial at least this was not the case - the debris fields looked the same and the text did not change. I will keep an eye out and try to verify.

Same here. I actually had a number of accidents, because I came across debris fields that, apparently, some else had already scavenged.

Just started a new game with the tutorial and I can verify that, at least for the starting debris field, there is not change to the text on multiple attempts, but the salvage goes down and losses go up. I'll see what happens in the game proper.

I made a test save after cheating up max level to see if I can get everything I want at level 40 and... there are not quite enough to get all of the most desirable skills (maybe a few short).  So far, Gunnery Implants 3, Power Grid Modulation 3, Evasive Maneuvers 1, and Helmsmanship 2 are must-take for every character for me, because I got to have my speed (max speed, maneuverability, and venting) and shot range.  Then, I get to a variety of skills I very much like to take.

And this is ignoring damage boosts, heavy armor, command points, navigation, and fighter skills.

In a way, I am glad that the neutrino ability is annoying.  (I will not bring along another fuel to power a dubious ability that kills Sustained Burn and consume cargo space and money.)  That saves me the trouble of considering the sensor skill.

I did this to see if I can get by with max skills minus high Industry (for max surveying and salvaging).  I do not think I can do this without giving up stuff.

So far, Leadership is the least useful for me if I do not focus on fighters.  Fleet Logistics and more officers look very nice, but I do not think I can afford it all.  Just Leadership 1 to get Coordinated Maneuvers 1 (more speed!) and six officers is what I can settle for.

Technology 3 is non-negotiable.  Must have shot range and max dissipation regardless who I play.  Combat 2 will be a given due to more speed (Helmsmanship 2)!  Industry 2 seems like a minimum.  I really like Safety Procedures 2, and I suspect I need at least 2 for surveying and salvaging to explore the game.

While level 40 max seems okay for now, despite coming up a little short to get everything I deem necessary, I shudder to think how lack of points will hurt if more skills fill out the attributes.

I think we've gotten spoiled... I thought one of the main design features of skills is that we can't have everything.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 21, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »

I just beat a "domain era survey mothership", but when I killed it and all its allies, the battle didn't end. My ships just sit there around the mothership (which also has no description).

edit: nvm, just took enemy fleet a minute to finish deploying other ships...
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116