Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 639262 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1665 on: May 20, 2017, 07:40:33 AM »

Often they lead their target masterfully, and occasionally they're way off. Usually it's good, but it does incur friendly fire and other fun incidents. There was a bug about bombers ignoring their own inertia when calculating friendly fire, so that should be fixed for the next version at least. Accuracy will probably stay the same, unless something unrelated to that bug has also been changed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 20, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »

As far as target-leading accuracy, it depends on CR (as does the accuracy of all other AI ships and autofire) and Wing Commander level 3 also gives a bonus to it.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »

I'm very happy with current bomb behavior, and the performance of piranhas in general. My only gripe is that, every once in a while Kopesh bombers that are in the "recall" state will launch rockets into your own carrier's backside if an enemy is nearby. Has only happened once or twice to me and I had a hard time reproducing.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 20, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »

Yeah, that's the thing that should be fixed for .1. They'd get some lateral movement going, not appreciate that fact, and start a salvo that looked ok at first and ended up very much not ok.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 20, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »

Some feedback bits:
1. For whatever the reason, Drover is incredibly trigger-happy with its missiles - and I mean "dumps all its harpoons at the first buffalo mk2 while being farer than Enforcer which is behaving reasonably"-happy. From what I've seen only similar thing is when ships with Squall start shooting frigates and miss completely.
2. You can sorta-kinda mess with admiral AI by underdeploying and smashing enemy fleet wave by wave.
3. Very subjective thing here... I have to mothball literally all ships I salvage because I don't have weapons for them, I never salvage enough weapons for them (unless chain battling/bounty hunting) to make them of some use and I'm not keen on taking additional weapons just to be able to equip some worse-than-mine ships with weapons. Probably if I didn't choose my battles very carefully it'd come in handy (when in desperation), but after playing SS daily since release I've never used this feature.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 20, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »

I seem to be having an interesting problem.

For some reason, there are no debris fields or derelict ships being spawned after battles, only ones that spawn on system generation. However, I do still get the option for "salvage" and "Consider ship recovery" in the after battle reports...
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 20, 2017, 03:49:35 PM »

Debris fields only spawn after medium to big battles with, like, several destroyers lost at leat. Maybe you only saw smaller battles?
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 20, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »

Debris fields only spawn after medium to big battles with, like, several destroyers lost at leat. Maybe you only saw smaller battles?

No I mean like, no battles AT ALL left debris fields no matter how large it was. I saw a massive Ludic Church fleet and two pirate armadas fight each other over a period of two ingame weeks with several Capships being lost over the course of the fighting, and no debris field spawned.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #1673 on: May 20, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »

Derelicts spawn even in small battles,, too. Sounds like a bug... What mods are you running with?

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 20, 2017, 06:09:45 PM »

Derelicts spawn even in small battles,, too. Sounds like a bug... What mods are you running with?

None, I'm going straight vanilla for a while to get used to the balance of the game.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 20, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »

Is there a reason we still have run of the mill premade (D) hulls? Looks to me like these can all eventually be replaced with a system that randomly assigns d-mods to certain hulls in markets/AI fleets
mmm.... tartiflette

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 20, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »

Is there a reason we still have run of the mill premade (D) hulls? Looks to me like these can all eventually be replaced with a system that randomly assigns d-mods to certain hulls in markets/AI fleets

Yeah, I believe the premade (D) ships are basically leftovers. IIRC Alex said they're going to be removed in future (possibly except for some special circumstances) and we'll be left with entirely randomized D-ships. Personally I'm looking forward to that, since it suggests to me that D-ships in markets will also have random mods, allowing a little more excitement when it comes to buying stuff.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 20, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »

Debris Fields and Derelict ships have returned to mah game! I had to delete all my save files and restart my computer, but the bug is gone... hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 21, 2017, 12:51:23 AM »

Run of the mill premade D hulls came from a time before 0.8.

This leads to confusion especially when the player decides to restore ships with D-hull mods (also labelled as a D ship), with some ships end results of restoration being 'D ships without D hull mods'.

0.8.1 will introduce the 'P' tag for ships that when you restore, it does not go to the original base hull, such as the Sunder.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 21, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »

Yeah, bombers need to 1) lead their target and 2) try avoiding friendly fire.
3) drop thier bombs a LOT closer to thier targets.
Every time I've used bombers so far they've started dropping thier bombs several destroyer-lengths away from the target they are going for, creating a slow moving carpet of death that would be impressive if the hostile ship couldn't effortlessly sidestep it.
I would dearly love it if the bombers I have used so far behaved like they did in that other thread where the OP was complaining that they dropped bombs directly on top of things.

Also, friendly fire is irritating as hell and frequently unavoidable with bombers (espeically if you're on the front line). And p. much a guarantees that they will never get used in my fleet. Fool me once....
It would also be nice (and sensible) if PD shot drifting hazards regardless of source.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 116