Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hunting for a conquest  (Read 5965 times)

tzh133

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hunting for a conquest
« on: September 11, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »

I know I'm not the only one who really wants a conquest, and like all the rest I've sunk a fair amount of time and resources in the effort to find one. It goes without saying that I haven't been successful.

So now I want to try and hack one into an independent market, that way I can still buy it with credits and pay for everything in a pseudo-legitimate manner. However, I cannot find a process to go about doing so. I've found in my save file where I can change what's in the markets, but given the sheer amount of values that I don't quite understand the purpose of, I'm not going to willy nilly type things in.

My question is: Does anyone know how to add a ship hull to a market in the base game?

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting for a conquest
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 06:12:59 PM »

I assume you tried the Sindrian Military market as well?

I have no idea how to edit save files, sorry, but I do believe there is a mod or dev tool that lets you spawn in stuff—that's not very legit, though.

tzh133

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »

I want to try and avoid mods, since I would need to start a new save by installing one. After maxing out relations with the independents and getting enough influence with Sindria to access their military markets I still can't find one. I've only ever seen one "in the wild" under control of some pirates, but I can't be bothered to boost relations with them since chasing bounties is my primary source of money.

Looking through more of the game files I discovered a set of .faction files that breakdown details of each faction (naturally). It looked like they included sets of ships and their probability to appear in faction fleets. If that's the case, it would be much simpler to edit that and wait for an opportunity to board a conquest after making it more likely to spawn in.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:21:41 PM by tzh133 »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:27:12 PM »

Using Console Commands is a lot less work, and functionally the same thing (also, no need to start a new save, it's a utility mod). Nortia's military market should have Conquests every now and then if you want one legitimately.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »

And you're gonna want to have Console Commands (and some other basic mods like common radar and Save Transfer)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »

game desperately needs a ship production and earmarking system where you can bid on things currently under construction by factions you're friendly with tbh.

running desperately around browsing military markets is pretty silly.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 04:06:31 PM »

It is bad when a desperate player spends about a million credits per month (which may not sustainable for long) to clean out markets hoping that the next batch includes that rare ship you want, but gets more Hammerheads instead.  I have been tempted to go dark and blast my Tri-Tachyon commissioner's swarm of detachments in Hybrasil just to board their rare ships.

VuNut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »

That's... a really good idea. Being able to just in general put an order up for a particular ship at a market to improve the odds in exchange for paying more (finder's fee, etc) would be fantastic.

The reverse would be nice too; as in contracts pop up on mission boards requesting ships.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 02:02:27 AM »

Conquest, in order of frequency (based on my admittedly limited and not really paying attention experience):

Sindria
Nortia
Ceyx
Baetis
Jangala

Still hen's teeth no matter where you go.
Spoiler
Conquest is gimpy as hell though, since MIRVs got regen took off them.
[close]

That's... a really good idea. Being able to just in general put an order up for a particular ship at a market to improve the odds in exchange for paying more (finder's fee, etc) would be fantastic.

The reverse would be nice too; as in contracts pop up on mission boards requesting ships.
I would like this to be a thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:07:54 PM by Serenitis »

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:28 AM »

It is bad when a desperate player spends about a million credits per month (which may not sustainable for long) to clean out markets hoping that the next batch includes that rare ship you want, but gets more Hammerheads instead.  I have been tempted to go dark and blast my Tri-Tachyon commissioner's swarm of detachments in Hybrasil just to board their rare ships.

Makes you realise how cheap ship hulls are atm, most can pay off their purchase cost in a single delivery.
The real expense is the cargo to fill it, and supplies/fuel to run the damn things :D

On a related note (dumping lots of cash for marginal cause), I've got into the habit of buying all the Harvested Organs in Chicomoztoc (~3M) to offset the opinion change from pirate bounties.
It actually works out to be pretty well balanced; the rep loss with pirates (and gain with hegemony) from the bounty missions is offset by the rep gain with pirates (and loss with hegemony) from the smuggling.