Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Minor issues with "nearby objects" GUI  (Read 2057 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
[0.7.2a] Minor issues with "nearby objects" GUI
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »

1: Setting a market for multiple entities (as seen in the following code) causes a market to be listed multiple times (presumably once per entity) in the list of nearby objects. This doesn't happen when using the economy json files (so Jangala + its station is unaffected).

Code: java
        //get all associated entities and associate it back to the market we've created
        if (null != connectedEntities) {
            for (SectorEntityToken entity : connectedEntities) {
                entity.setMarket(newMarket);
                entity.setFaction(factionID);
            }
        }

2) Gates leading to hyperspace show the "nearby" entities to the hyperspace-side exits. Feels pretty pointless since you can't usefully shorten the travel time by picking a different exit.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Minor issues with "nearby objects" GUI
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:59:29 AM »

What are the actual entities associated with the market in this case? Are they both ice planets?

Re: the to-hyperspace jump-point - yep, an oversight on my part. Looking at it now, fixed that up a while back, turns out.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 09:26:58 AM »

What are the actual entities associated with the market in this case? Are they both ice planets?
The "main" entity is the rocky ice planet listed, the other is supposed to be its barren moon.
(source code here and here if needed)

I've also seen it with at least one (terran) planet + space station pair that I've checked recently, in the Interstellar Imperium mod.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:32:00 AM »

Thank you; should be fixed. I *think* with a market-station pair the issue would come up if the station is the "primary" entity.