Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt  (Read 2183 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »

I was randomly trying to kill time on my android tablet, looking through some game apps and fell upon this one. This is a really awesome pass-time, letting you play as a pirate.

You can attack merchant or military ships, get ambushed by pirates, board and capture ships, attack and capture ports (if you do not mind defending them), trade, smuggle, transport people, protect convoys, upgrade your ships, upgrade your ports, have your own fleet (well at least as I know up to 4 ships, but might be different), level up your character and learn new skills, raise your repputation with nations for better prices, bla bla bla bla. You also start with only a small portion of the map open and slowly expand it, unlocking more ports but also larger variety of ships.

The battles are easy and neat and there is an fast button, making time go 3 times as fast. Graphics are actually really nice too and if you zoom in towards you ship, you can see the sailors doing jobs, depending what you assigned to the ship.

This is actually a really awesome sandbox game, but of course with an arcade feeling tone.

It is free and not only that, but it has both an offline and an online mode. So you can play it as a single player game or a multiplayer game, or switch between the modes.

The in-app store offers some stuff, but afar from two packs that unlock some buildings (which just give you extra gold if you build them so you can do without them) I do not see something else that you NEED. So even without paying a dime, you can enjoy the game fully. As I have read, you can capture the best ships only, or I guess buy them if you prefer that for real $$

I also want to say that it has a graphics quality slider and a resolution slider. My tablet is not that strong, so I decided to lowed the resolution, since it looked more awesome with full graphics.

To top it all, you can even get it on the PC through steam AND you can also log in on both your PC and android, so you can continue the game between them and enjoy the same game.

I feel I have found one of my all time favorite android games~

PS: Keep in mind it has some bugs, but it is worth it!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:08:26 PM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..