Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hostile Activity (09/01/22)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1  (Read 863008 times)

TigrisJK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1
« Reply #1620 on: July 26, 2022, 04:08:08 PM »

I can't recall for sure which is which but iirc the one of either the Sparrowhawk or the Curse can be found in an asteroid ring, and the other is next to the primary star of one of the BB systems.
I can go pull the exact locations if people *really* want it spoiled (they're invariant right now, and I have a to-do item to make them a little more random), but suffice it to say they're always there and always only in that constellation.

I think the Curse is the one next to the primary star. But if you found the Sparrowhawk next to a star then it's in an asteroid belt.
They should both be in asteroid belts (I wasn't feeling especially creative there), along with multiple other derelicts.

Ah okay thanks for the correction!

Quick question about the Warlock, I note that is has a built in missile system. Is it player controllable? I can access to module to put stuff on those small slots but can't seem to find a way to give it a weapon group assignment. That module seems more to be a separate attached 'ship' in a sense with its own flux capacity.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 04:11:51 PM by TigrisJK »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 26, 2022, 07:35:17 PM »

Quick question about the Warlock, I note that is has a built in missile system. Is it player controllable? I can access to module to put stuff on those small slots but can't seem to find a way to give it a weapon group assignment. That module seems more to be a separate attached 'ship' in a sense with its own flux capacity.
That is correct, and part of the reason Harmful Mechanic did not, originally, make the Warlock something the player could get; it was designed to be interesting to fight against, not interesting to fly yourself.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 26, 2022, 11:02:48 PM »

Yeah, and I may redesign it at some point just because the 'shoot off the missile module' gameplay isn't quite as prominent as I want; making it something you can control is pretty low on my priority list, though, just because it's an area-denial/passive support kind of weapon.

What I'm more likely to do is make a medium-slot modular version that fires a single missile.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 27, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »

I don't really say it enough but this mod is good and HM is also good.

TigrisJK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 27, 2022, 05:20:51 PM »

Yeah, and I may redesign it at some point just because the 'shoot off the missile module' gameplay isn't quite as prominent as I want; making it something you can control is pretty low on my priority list, though, just because it's an area-denial/passive support kind of weapon.

What I'm more likely to do is make a medium-slot modular version that fires a single missile.

I see! Makes sense to me. I'll stick it in my hangar to live as a hangar queen then or bring it out as AI support only!

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 28, 2022, 12:31:11 AM »

Okay, so Chamois was cut because it was just a Salvage Rig+, while tanker was removed because it was just a high tech Dram with nothing interesting about it. But why do Export variants still exist then? They are not more frequent than stock variants (except Tereshkova, but it has it's own questions) and they are also worser than stock variants (which are not too hard to purchase to begin with).
So what's the point in having them then?
Meanwhile refitted variants are actually interesting sidegrades which have their uses even when you can easily afford newer iterations. Baikal (Brone) is also a great sidegrade with good logistic hullmod and better armor coming in with caveat you have to accept or deal with. I actually wonder if Tereshkova could get the same treatment - with Export variant being instead a salvage sidegrade that has several upgrades but also something that makes it worser than stock variant in some aspects. Right now it's arguably overall better in every way and does not even look different visually like other export variants do. So maybe go another way and make it the only variant? There are Shalaika and Zelenograd for surveys, while Chamois was understandably removed.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 28, 2022, 06:18:59 AM »

Okay, so Chamois was cut because it was just a Salvage Rig+, while tanker was removed because it was just a high tech Dram with nothing interesting about it. But why do Export variants still exist then? They are not more frequent than stock variants (except Tereshkova, but it has it's own questions) and they are also worser than stock variants (which are not too hard to purchase to begin with).
So what's the point in having them then?
Export variants are being reworked in the dev build. It's not a high priority, but I do think about them.

If you want to feel ownership or control of something, however, you can make your own mod to have that feeling. A reminder:
I think a lot of people here have this idea that certain things are missing because I lack ideas. I really don’t; I have many, many more ideas than I have time to implement. In order to implement anything, I have to prioritize.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 28, 2022, 08:08:10 AM »

Sorry if I annoyed or offended you in any way. I was simply curious if that was some leftover or incomplete feature.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 28, 2022, 08:16:59 AM »

Sorry if I annoyed or offended you in any way. I was simply curious if that was some leftover or incomplete feature.
I was a little snappy as well, my apologies. This morning featured a lot of early dog barking over a large delivery.

I've removed most of the export skins, but the export Tereshkova and Lodestar have been converted to tan-hulled Refit skins:
Spoiler
[close]
More generally, I've been working on getting unique markets and indie fleets spawning in DME space, so there's a little more of a sense of the commercial-industrial reach of the faction and not just 'lol space company is government'.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 12:19:44 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

HammerheadEnjoyer222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 29, 2022, 06:23:58 AM »

When trying to do the Smuggling X units of Y mission to a Dassault-Mikoyan colony the game refuses to properly complete the mission, even if there are no patrols in sight. Even after using console commands to make sure it was impossible for anyone to see me, the game still refuses and just shows the "avoid patrols and turn off transponder" message in the colony screen. Quitting the game or destroying the station via console commands didnt fix this. I dont know if this happens normally in the mod, but patrols ignore me with my transponder off.

I don't know if its there's something wrong with the mod or if its a incompatibility issue with other mods i have downloaded but here's the mod list i have:

Slightly Better Tech-Mining, New Level Of Confidence
Apex Design Collective, Arma Armatura
Arsenal Expansion, Autosave
Brighton Federation, Additional Console Commands
Combat Chatter, Commisioned Crews
Common Radar, Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, Diable Avionics
Diktat Enhancement, ED Shipyard
HMI Supervillains, Hazard Mining Incorporated
High Tech Expansion, Interstellar Imperium
Iron Shell, Junk Yard Dogs
LowTech Armada, LazyLib
Machina Void Shipyards, MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy, Nexerelin
Outer Rim, Alliance P9 Colony Group
Roider Union, ScalarTech Solutions
Scy Nation, Shadowyards
SpeedUp, Substance.Abuse
Tahlan Shipworks, Terraforming & Station Construction
Star Federation, Underworld
Unknown Skies, VIC
Xhan Empire, Midline Expansion
YunruCore, Graphicslib

Edit: The problem is occurring at the novy mir starforge in the martinique star system
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:30:28 AM by HammerheadEnjoyer222 »

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 29, 2022, 07:30:35 AM »

Do you have the Ziggurat in your Fleet? If so, you will always be identifiable regardless of transponder or sensor profile - the ship is too easily recognisable.

If this is so, try storing the Ziggurat somewhere and doing it again.

HammerheadEnjoyer222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 29, 2022, 07:40:31 AM »

I just started a new playthrough, i only have a hound and a modded ship, the hailfyre. The modded ship doesnt seem to be causing the problem since selling the ship does nothing to help.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 29, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »

When trying to do the Smuggling X units of Y mission to a Dassault-Mikoyan colony the game refuses to properly complete the mission, even if there are no patrols in sight. Even after using console commands to make sure it was impossible for anyone to see me, the game still refuses and just shows the "avoid patrols and turn off transponder" message in the colony screen. Quitting the game or destroying the station via console commands didnt fix this.
That's a really weird error. Thanks for actually trying to figure out what was going on; I'll try loading up a smuggling mission myself this weekend and see if there are problems.

I don't know if its there's something wrong with the mod or if its a incompatibility issue with other mods i have downloaded but here's the mod list i have:

Slightly Better Tech-Mining, New Level Of Confidence
Apex Design Collective, Arma Armatura
Arsenal Expansion, Autosave
Brighton Federation, Additional Console Commands
Combat Chatter, Commisioned Crews
Common Radar, Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, Diable Avionics
Diktat Enhancement, ED Shipyard
HMI Supervillains, Hazard Mining Incorporated
High Tech Expansion, Interstellar Imperium
Iron Shell, Junk Yard Dogs
LowTech Armada, LazyLib
Machina Void Shipyards, MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy, Nexerelin
Outer Rim, Alliance P9 Colony Group
Roider Union, ScalarTech Solutions
Scy Nation, Shadowyards
SpeedUp, Substance.Abuse
Tahlan Shipworks, Terraforming & Station Construction
Star Federation, Underworld
Unknown Skies, VIC
Xhan Empire, Midline Expansion
YunruCore, Graphicslib
I'll see what can be done. I don't run most of those regularly, so it's possible there's some weird interaction happening with another mod on that list, but I won't rule out having done something stupid on my end.

Do you have the Ziggurat in your Fleet? If so, you will always be identifiable regardless of transponder or sensor profile - the ship is too easily recognisable.

If this is so, try storing the Ziggurat somewhere and doing it again.
That would make sense! Looks like it's not that, though.

UMA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 11, 2022, 11:57:27 AM »

hey. absolutely love your mod! escpecially the blade breakers. quick question tho, can a player build the blade breakers station on their colony? i planned on doing a deserter ships only playthrough and having the breakers station on my colonies would be thematically correct for it. thanks

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 11, 2022, 12:04:56 PM »

Unfortunately, no - I wouldn't necessarily object, but it's really only intended as an NPC enemy station. If I were going to fix it up like that, I'd probably have to remake it a couple of different ways; more modules, more slots, a style-neutral core hull.

Right now my priority is minimum viable completeness for both my faction mods, so that's something I consider an optional extra for later, if ever.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111