Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Uniquifying the Factions, Part 2 (04/30/22)

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1  (Read 812669 times)

SurplusDOS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1
« Reply #1575 on: June 11, 2022, 02:15:16 PM »

Does anyone know how to bypass the bugged Lenze ruins? The latest version still has it.

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 14, 2022, 07:08:52 PM »

Blade breakers are incredibly unfun to fight. Not because the ships are too op, but because every piece of **** rinky-dink imp comes with an officer, which gimps your commad limit. Even with d-mod skill you can't deploy anything, there's no way of dealing with this besides losing ships. You don't even fight them on capture maps where you could potentially increase you command limit through tactics.

If you're gonna add cheats for the computer, i'll just enable god mode.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Mio Harcourt: fixin' the Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 14, 2022, 08:20:45 PM »

I mean, they follow more or less the exact same logic for officers that the Remnants do. If you have a problem with officer spam in Remnant-style fleets, you should take it up with Alex. You'll have just as many command limit problems fighting a Remnant Ordo as you will a BB fleet.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 14, 2022, 08:51:05 PM »

You don't even fight them on capture maps where you could potentially increase you command limit through tactics.
Amusingly, I actually like this trait about them - with no capture points involved, that also means that the enemy can't capture anything - so if you've got the right sorts of elite ships to fight the Blade Breakers, you can just fight them, without also having to worry about holding capture points.

It also means the battles tend to be smaller (because, again, no capture points), which means there's more value from a well-piloted flagship.

Edit: That all said, it's not like there's anything really wrong with using cheat options in a single player game; if it's more fun for you to use console commands to deploy some extra allies, go for it. Nobody will stop you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:53:53 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 17, 2022, 07:33:59 AM »

I've noticed that airplanes in this mod are useless. Which is strange for a carrier-focused mod, and 3 normandies that i looted/bought have been the striking arm of my fleet since the first cycle of this campaign. I'd get another one but honestly 3 are enough to erase anything.

Now, the thing about vanilla fighters - they're for some reason getting worse with price. In fact, the only good high-end fighters are flashes, luxes and blade breaker iridiums which are basically the child of lux and flash. They are good because they hit hard, but more then that, there's a lot of them. Fighter craft are tiny, their weapons are weak, and unless there's a lot of them to swarm they will just break against enemy shields, and get shot down.

Dassault craft follow the same pattern as other manned fighters - there's less of them the more high-end they are. I look at 2 rafales in a slot, and i feel sad, for i know that i will never use them. And i want to use them. Moreover, unlike daggers, dassault bombers use weak missile instead of torpedos, and dassault missiles in general have lower yield. So in the end, i just don't use the cool fighters from the carrier mod, and stuck to the daggers before i farmed those first few flashes.

So, maybe a rebalance is in order? You could nerf the stats on individual craft, and have wings with 5 of them for the most expensive ones, making them sort of a buyable inferior flashes/luxes. Frappeur torpedo seems like a good enough equivalent for the flash bomb. This would also make dassault craft distinct from vanilla, because right now i look at dassault lpc and see something that sucks, something that i might as well but from sindra for half the price.
You could also crank up rarity on them, so you can't just stock up on best craft from the very start - flashes and luxes are the chief prize of fighting the remnant, after all.

I mean, they follow more or less the exact same logic for officers that the Remnants do. If you have a problem with officer spam in Remnant-style fleets, you should take it up with Alex. You'll have just as many command limit problems fighting a Remnant Ordo as you will a BB fleet.

I never fought a big battle against remnant on a map with no capture points. i can apply tactics to quickly capture objectives, bring reinforcements, split the remnant, consolidate and achieve defeat in detail.

against blade breakers i never once had a battle with capture points on it. i can't do anything in these battles, it's just bum rush. maybe they're bugged, probably they are bugged. i do not mind a tough enemy, what i do mind is when i'm given no options to fight said enemy. that's just bad game design.

Propietario

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 23, 2022, 10:06:22 AM »

What's the deal with Blade Breakers? They have no visible connection to Dassault, have vastly different design and wacky weapons. Why are they not a separate mod altogether?
At the similar topic, for what purpose underdeveloped Sigma Matter are put into game? I can't do anything with it, there is a missing description on one of them, all this thing is clearly not ready to be in the game.
To not sound overly negative, I very much like actual DME, white ships are cute, can shield-tank and have decent mobility. Weaponry sometimes feels redundant, but otherwise has a nice lineup of similar guns for different sizes of ships. Fighters are not my thing but they seems to work at the very least.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 23, 2022, 12:41:33 PM »

What's the deal with Blade Breakers? They have no visible connection to Dassault, have vastly different design and wacky weapons. Why are they not a separate mod altogether?
At the similar topic, for what purpose underdeveloped Sigma Matter are put into game? I can't do anything with it, there is a missing description on one of them, all this thing is clearly not ready to be in the game.
To not sound overly negative, I very much like actual DME, white ships are cute, can shield-tank and have decent mobility. Weaponry sometimes feels redundant, but otherwise has a nice lineup of similar guns for different sizes of ships. Fighters are not my thing but they seems to work at the very least.

Sigma matter can be turned in at DME settlements in exchange for rep. Also to Celeste from IRS

BB aesthetics are more of a personal thing, but I like them. Even if they basically function as remnants they help break up the monotony that comes after you finally learn about the spoilers.

I'm not sure how key of a word "visible" is but their connection  to DME is that they're AI meat puppets loaded up the butthole with loyalty implants who broke with DME and now hoard Sugma matter for themselves.... or something. The context piece for Hell's Own Sun is a remarkably striking piece of writing that makes me hope the author does more with whatever tf the Blade Breakers are in the future

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »

I wrote a whole thing to answer these kinds of questions, actually. Well, some of them.

I have plans, I just also have other demands on my time, and doing things in bits and pieces is really the only way to do this at all, especially in a game that's still unfinished and for years on end lacked the functionality I needed to complete some of these features.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

SurplusDOS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:40 PM »

I wrote a whole thing to answer these kinds of questions, actually. Well, some of them.

I have plans, I just also have other demands on my time, and doing things in bits and pieces is really the only way to do this at all, especially in a game that's still unfinished and for years on end lacked the functionality I needed to complete some of these features.
Didn't even realize you had a dev blog. Thanks for the link, Dassault-Mikoyan and Magellan Protectorate are some of the best mods around and it's great to be able to hear about the thought processes that went into making them.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 23, 2022, 09:47:28 PM »

It should probably be in my signature, yeah.

Ziehn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 23, 2022, 09:55:06 PM »

100% agree they should be a separate mod. Just got back into Starsector and updated everything just to discover every single system I explore is infested with this faction. With that and the loot bloat from Sigma Matter I'm going to have to drop this mod from my game. Too bad, I liked the designs of the original ships.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 23, 2022, 10:13:13 PM »

100% agree they should be a separate mod. Just got back into Starsector and updated everything just to discover every single system I explore is infested with this faction.

The themegen script only spawns a small handful of systems, can be turned off (and is by default), and runs after the vanilla theme generators so it's incapable of interfering with them.

From the FAQ you didn't read
to check procgen systems, you need to 1: turn on devmode (in settings.json or via Console Commands - enter 'devmode'), 2: turn off sensors (ctrl-z on the campaign layer), and 3: enter hyperspace. Now, look at the full, revealed campaign map to see if something is actually wrong or if you're just unlucky so far in your current run. Use a save copy if you want to go back to playing without everything revealed.

As designed and tested, the randomly-assigned Blade Breaker systems will not;
a) replace all the Remnant-occupied systems in the sector (there should be 5-7 constellations that spawn Breakers with the same selection parameters; check BladeBreakerThemeGenerator.java in the source code folder for more info);
b) spawn unless turned on manually in DMEsettings.ini;
c) appear without a unique warning beacon ('Hardened Warning Beacon' in Intel), with a unique icon set for each danger level, to mark them;
d) crash the game, kick your dog, or give you cancer. Yet.
[close]

If you're not getting anything else, it's 100% confirmation bias, or you did something really screwy with your Adjusted Sector settings.

With that and the loot bloat from Sigma Matter I'm going to have to drop this mod from my game. Too bad, I liked the designs of the original ships.

Your loss! You say bloat, I say incomplete future content. Your refund has been processed, have a nice day.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 23, 2022, 11:31:11 PM »

Is it even possible to code a hullmod that costs a resource to be added to a ship ? does the game allows you to do that or are you waiting a future update to implement it ? i would really love to add unstable sigma matter to all my ships as soon as possible :)
^^

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:00 PM »

It’s possible, but it’s something I don’t really see as viable with the intended design; that leans more towards unlocking unique hullmods via research, which uses the turn-in interaction to advance (consuming Sigma matter).

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 24, 2022, 01:48:03 AM »

What do you think about adding it as a beta feature where it's turned-off by default but can be turned-on from the settings file for those who wants to try it and give you feedback ?
^^
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108