Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 344596 times)

Supplius Maximus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18
« Reply #1020 on: December 04, 2019, 02:34:42 AM »

Instructions unclear: the break has been saved.

Captain Trek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 04, 2019, 06:32:08 AM »

Really chuffed to see this update get out. Novy Mir still really doesn't need that waystation, but wonderful job besides.

I must say that I definitely agree with the Zelenograd change. It helps to differentiate her further from the Jeanne... even if two of the three standard Zelenograd variants won't really benefit from Focusing Lenses all that much... XD

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 04, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »

When you say BB spawning is now integrate with Adjusted Sector, does that just mean it follows whatever values are set in Adjusted Sector? The only thing I would need to customize would be Adjusted Sector settings, right?

Edit: When I tried to start a new game, it said that JSONObject["BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS"] not found. I assume this means it could not find the relevant Adjusted Sector settings. Do I just have to wait for the Adjusted Sector mod to update? Adjusted Sector does have similar settings for the Sanguinary Anarchistic Defector system spawning.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:13:14 PM by Starareo »

Arbitae

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 04, 2019, 02:48:47 PM »

Starareo, looks like there is an update for Adjusted Sector with the missing file, you'll want to grab version 0.2.2 to fix that issue.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 04, 2019, 02:54:16 PM »

When you say BB spawning is now integrate with Adjusted Sector, does that just mean it follows whatever values are set in Adjusted Sector? The only thing I would need to customize would be Adjusted Sector settings, right?

Yep, works exactly the same way (assuming procgen Breakers are turned on in DMESettings.ini). If you're running Adjusted Sector, it overrides the base script behavior and spawns as many as you specify in Adjusted Sector's settings.json.

Edit: When I tried to start a new game, it said that JSONObject["BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS"] not found. I assume this means it could not find the relevant Adjusted Sector settings. Do I just have to wait for the Adjusted Sector mod to update? Adjusted Sector does have similar settings for the Sanguinary Anarchistic Defector system spawning.
Starareo, looks like there is an update for Adjusted Sector with the missing file, you'll want to grab version 0.2.2 to fix that issue.

Yes. You'll need to make sure you have the very latest version of Adjusted Sector (0.2.2). It's the same version I tested with, so I know it works.

Really chuffed to see this update get out. Novy Mir still really doesn't need that waystation, but wonderful job besides.

Glad you like it. And hey, it's a lonely port - gotta have a little something to make the vodka runs easier, right?

I must say that I definitely agree with the Zelenograd change. It helps to differentiate her further from the Jeanne... even if two of the three standard Zelenograd variants won't really benefit from Focusing Lenses all that much... XD

I'm not sure what I want the final Zelenograd system to be. This is very much a holding action until/unless I have a burst of inspiration. But it should make the Hybrids feel like Hybrids - it's a much more compelling platform for a couple Ultra Shockbeams now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:56:41 PM by Harmful Mechanic »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 04, 2019, 02:58:30 PM »

Thanks, no idea how I somehow missed an Adjusted Sector update.

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 04, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »

the new bladewood looks sexy af, nice work

Captain Trek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 04, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

Glad you like it. And hey, it's a lonely port - gotta have a little something to make the vodka runs easier, right?

Free port already does that but, sure, why not? : P

I'm not sure what I want the final Zelenograd system to be. This is very much a holding action until/unless I have a burst of inspiration. But it should make the Hybrids feel like Hybrids - it's a much more compelling platform for a couple Ultra Shockbeams now.

That's fair. It definitely did feel before like the Zelen was a ship that heavily favoured the use of ballistic weapons.

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 05, 2019, 06:45:53 AM »

Didn't like the old Bladewood, too blocky. Love the more angular look of the new one.

Also, I was wondering if you will add in support for commissioned crews?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 05, 2019, 07:36:15 AM »

Didn't like the old Bladewood, too blocky. Love the more angular look of the new one.
Same. The old one was an experiment, and not one I liked much. This one is better at what it does, too.

Also, I was wondering if you will add in support for commissioned crews?
I'm thinking about good hullmods for it. Once I have one I like, I'll probably rig it up.

Stuffwriter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 05, 2019, 10:05:10 AM »

The amount of work you've put into this mod is awe inspiring. Definitely one of my favorites.

How do you unlock the bladewood by the way? It wasn't in the starting package for the deserters and I've been trawling around breaker systems and haven't found it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 05, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »

The amount of work you've put into this mod is awe inspiring. Definitely one of my favorites.
Thanks. It seems to be really polarizing, so the appreciation is nice.

How do you unlock the bladewood by the way? It wasn't in the starting package for the deserters and I've been trawling around breaker systems and haven't found it.
Right now it has a unique blueprint pack that's hidden where the non-starting copy of the Deserter pack is. Eventually I think I'm going to make it... well, much more random, and probably rig up a Red Planet-ish mission for it.

Stuffwriter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 05, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

So... where is this non-starter deserter pack?

:P

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.1
« Reply #1033 on: December 05, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »

THis is gonna be really vague but what's the ship that looks kind of similar to Brave Blade(the OP deserter frigate) but used by DME?

They have very similar aesthetics and have a module on the back, I fought one but couldn't find it in the codex. Name starts with an A I believe
Alauda. It may be hidden in the codex.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1034 on: December 06, 2019, 08:49:47 PM »

And hotfixed for a couple of silly errors. The hotfix does not break saves.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:51:50 PM by Harmful Mechanic »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]