Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hostile Activity (09/01/22)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a - Update for 0.95.1  (Read 868797 times)

fatrat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9c
« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2018, 08:52:48 PM »

I'd rather not distort the mod with that kind of crap. It's a waste of my time, it's a waste of pixels, and it's even less fun than being screamed at by internet howler monkeys. I'd rather put that time into making the mod more fun to play. Letting them get my goat the other day was bad enough; no need to permanently memorialize it.

Similarly, I'm trying to shy away from adding too much more content at this point because with stations, I'm already approaching the limit of what's forgivable in a single mod. I've got a few ideas, but the bulk of the remaining work is just to refine the campaign implementation.

I get plenty of constructive criticism from people who aren't looking for an internet slapfight on Christmas Day, but even a 'brain damaged muppet huffing glue', to borrow a charming phrase one of them gave us, sometimes has useful feedback. It's just cloaked under a bunch of garbage posturing.

I was actually serious about volunteering though, i apologize if i get off on the wrong foot, i didn't intend to start anything.   

I like your work, it's a very high quality and i can tell you've put a lot of time and care into it. 

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »

A curious question - what's the availability of certain ships? I'm asking since I've conducted some tests on DME capital, and after an almost hour of using forcemarketupdate I had only scored one sighting of Tereshkova. No wanderers, cobras, star-sylphs, flatmouse's, borzoi's, bouclier's, old puddlejumper's, old sevastopol's,  lodestars and tereshkova's (except that one sighting of the DME navy version) whatsoever... At all... I don't see those ships in fleets either really.

I had gone to sit down and conduct this since I had the same in previous versions and now. So I'm curious are there other mods screwing up with the algorithm (but then I did the test on Peremohy which have it's own market file so?) or is it perhaps 0.9-RC10 related stuff?

If you're aware of it Soren and are planning to fix it in the planned update after 0.9.1 comes out, that's fine. Just thought that I'll ask and possibly let you know of this.

Spoiler
The mods in play as I made the test:
Lightshow, Autosave, Combat Chatter, Common Radar, Console Commnads, Disassemble Reassemble, LazyLib, LeadingPip, MagicLib, Rebalanced Pilums, Ship/Weapons Pack, SkilledUp, SpeedUp, UnknownSkies, Upgraded Rotary Weapons, Version Checker, Audio Plus, GraphicsLib, Kadur Remnant (in ship-pack mode) & DME (obviously)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:55:06 PM by Hussar »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »

A curious question - what's the availability of certain ships? I'm asking since I've conducted some tests on DME capital, and after an almost hour of using forcemarketupdate I had only scored one sighting of Tereshkova. No wanderers, cobras, star-sylphs, flatmouse's, borzoi's, bouclier's, old puddlejumper's, old sevastopol's,  lodestars and tereshkova's (except that one sighting of the DME navy version) whatsoever... At all... I don't see those ships in fleets either really.

I had gone to sit down and conduct this since I had the same in previous versions and now. So I'm curious are there other mods screwing up with the algorithm (but then I did the test on Peremohy which have it's own market file so?) or is it perhaps 0.9-RC10 related stuff?

If you're aware of it Soren and are planning to fix it in the planned update after 0.9.1 comes out, that's fine. Just thought that I'll ask and possibly let you know of this.

Spoiler
The mods in play as I made the test:
Lightshow, Autosave, Combat Chatter, Common Radar, Console Commnads, Disassemble Reassemble, LazyLib, LeadingPip, MagicLib, Rebalanced Pilums, Ship/Weapons Pack, SkilledUp, SpeedUp, UnknownSkies, Upgraded Rotary Weapons, Version Checker, Audio Plus, GraphicsLib, Kadur Remnant (in ship-pack mode) & DME (obviously)
[close]

It's an ordinary human error I didn't catch due to not really grasping the way the new 0.9 faction files work. It's fixed in the dev version, which should be ready for an actual release as soon as I finish up some of the new content and check to make sure it's all working correctly. Making good progress this weekend so far.

If you want to fix it fast and sloppy yourself, it's easy enough to modify the faction file by adding the ships you want to the priority list.

I was actually serious about volunteering though, i apologize if i get off on the wrong foot, i didn't intend to start anything.  

I like your work, it's a very high quality and i can tell you've put a lot of time and care into it.  

Riding herd on other people is the antithesis of what I like about modding, so, yeah, I was being sarcastic. You should put your energy into your own projects.

I'm glad you like it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:04:09 PM by Soren »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2018, 12:55:16 AM »

It's an ordinary human error I didn't catch due to not really grasping the way the new 0.9 faction files work. It's fixed in the dev version, which should be ready for an actual release as soon as I finish up some of the new content and check to make sure it's all working correctly. Making good progress this weekend so far.

If you want to fix it fast and sloppy yourself, it's easy enough to modify the faction file by adding the ships you want to the priority list.

Ah, I see! Well I'm glad to hear it's fixed then. I'd be worried to hear if the problem was more complex. And indeed I might try that now or later.

CaptainBadger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2018, 02:09:57 AM »

Can we assume that we'll be gaining access to DME's station blueprints this next patch for the mod?  I don't mean to pressure, but I've literally been checking the mod forums every day for updates on this and a few other mods, and I'm intensely looking forward to when we can build some proper DME Star Fortresses.

Or have you done something interesting with their stations, I wonder?  Perhaps something that breaks the mold of JUST three station tiers?  Hmmmm, the imagination runs wild...

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »

This current update has enough needed balance stuff that I'd rather get it out the door without stations and give them an update of their own. I could bang out a passable implementation of stations now... or I could get this update out of the way and do a really good job.

CaptainBadger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »

This current update has enough needed balance stuff that I'd rather get it out the door without stations and give them an update of their own. I could bang out a passable implementation of stations now... or I could get this update out of the way and do a really good job.

In that case, don't let me or anyone else nag you into releasing the space stations early, especially if you're doing cool stuff with them.  I'm a Star Citizen backer, so I completely understand you wanting to take your time and do things right the first time through, especially when it comes to balancing and bugfixing.

I look forward to playing the new update, and have a happy new year.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9d
« Reply #517 on: January 02, 2019, 02:30:40 AM »

Shiny new balance and content update >HERE<. BREAKS SAVES (Why would anyone do that?)

As with the last updates, DME now requires MagicLib; you can get that over >HERE<.

Spoiler
0.9.9d - Content, fixes, QoL tweaks. The usual. Will break your save.

Content:
- Added Maskirovka Phase Destroyer.
- Added Capacitor Scatterlaser.
- Added DME minelayer system with unique mine.
- Added Nodal Phase Cloak hullmod for DME phase ships.
- Modified Borzoi sprite (again).
- Slightly redesigned Hybrid family weapon sprites.

Balance:
- Doubled up- and downtime of Shockbeam family; will make them burstier, better vs. armor.
- Returned Quad Hybrid Blaster to charge-based firing because bursty large energy is best large energy. Renamed to Auto Hybrid Blaster.
- Refined Omni Blaster to use random scattering, core shot at 900 dmg with four 150-dmg submunitions.
- Fixed DME ship availability in markets.
- Fixed some odd tags.

Campaign:
- Fixed a few missing market conditions and a duplicate industry.
- Preceptor reworked; more modules, more hate, more exciting violence.
- First pass on Blade Breaker overall balance - reduced some speeds, reworked Hellion autocannon. Massively reduced Mega Plasma Bolter shot damage.
- Changed Sigma system spawning radically - systems now spawn semi-randomly.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:39:59 AM by Soren »

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 02, 2019, 07:40:28 AM »

I have to say, fighting Blade Breakers with high rate of fire, low damage energy weapons was a pretty nasty surprise. Even with full combat skills, 100 damage energy hits (from the Neutrino Bane) were reduced to around 4 against an intact, 700 armor BB ship. There have been a few such occasions, and I guess they all must have had the Support Focus hullmod and an officer with armor-boosting skills.

Guess it'll be Tachyon Lances and Antimatter Blasters from now on. :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:24:29 PM by Hazard »

CaptainBadger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 02, 2019, 01:35:36 PM »

Just a thought, but will you be attempting to add some new planetary upgrades to the game with the mod at some point?  I can understand if you wouldn't be considering you're trying to hold down the feature creep, but I could see some interesting stuff being added such as space elevators, those terraforming mirrors you see floating around, orbital mining, and so on that are currently missing from the base game, and it would be especially cool if they had a DME twist on them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:28:04 PM by CaptainBadger »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Secret Beef Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »

If I think it fits the mod. I'd see something like that as an independent project, though, given how many different possibilities there are. What I'd prefer to do is only write industries specific to Sigma Worlds for DME. I have one or two ideas about that, but that has more to do with making industries that use Sigma Matter rather than AI Cores for bonuses, and making Sigma World settlement unique and weird.

Stuff is coming, it's just that it's coming slowly because it's a lot more work to do well.

CaptainBadger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 03, 2019, 03:00:32 AM »

Now that you mention it, having something like a "Planetary infrastructure content pack" be a modular, self-contained mod of its own that compliments DME would be an excellent idea; players could choose if they want one or the other, or just both, and it would leave you an opening to create more modular packs that players can add and remove as they wish.

My main reason for wanting this sort of thing is that I find the upgrade choices for my planets pretty straightforward and, unfortunately, boring as a result.  I would love to have there be some real weight in my choices.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:20:49 AM by CaptainBadger »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #522 on: January 03, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »

Now that you mention it, having something like a "Planetary infrastructure content pack" be a modular, self-contained mod of its own that compliments DME would be an excellent idea; players could choose if they want one or the other, or just both, and it would leave you an opening to create more modular packs that players can add and remove as they wish.

My main reason for wanting this sort of thing is that I find the upgrade choices for my planets pretty straightforward and, unfortunately, boring as a result.  I would love to have there be some real weight in my choices.

Hmm...my experience with BB weaponry is that most of it is a bit to expensive to use....with the exception of the Shellback AC5:)...man, that thing is a workhorse lol.... I put 5 in the front of one of those legion XVI you can find laying around, put small PD stuff in the medium turrets and added ITU, Hardened shields and Diables Dampened Mounts  + a character with all the important weapons skills, added 4 zero cost drones(Mining Platforms) and man...good stuff.

On the Normandy Carrier...i bought 2 as soon as I possibly could.  Firstly, its a 4 slot carrier thats offered on the open market at a reasonable price and secondly it can pretty much be kitted up to do any role except missile boat. Excellent ship and im still using those two carriers even with access to Legions.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:20:11 PM by grinningsphinx »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 04, 2019, 11:19:10 AM »

Found a procgen error in one of your new systems; "Alpha Tardi" (the one that contains Source) has two planets with no conditions set: "Alpha Tardi IV, Barren World" and "Marat, Ice Giant".

(Also an "Alpha Tardi B I, Barren-Bombarded World" that has no resource conditions; this one might not be bugged, though, as it does still have set meteor impacts, no atmosphere, and low gravity.  Still, I thought it was bugged when I first surveyed it, as I got the 'nothing of interest' message that in vanilla you only see for bugged planets/stars.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: January 04, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »

Is sigma matter used for anything currently?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111