Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 576989 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1320 on: April 14, 2021, 07:05:30 PM »

None, actually; they're getting an extra two over the last release and a lot of content revisions.

I'm cutting... probably four Mainline/Deserter ships, overall? But that's combining old roles and remaking other ships to be more interesting. It's not likely to feel like much of a loss when ships you never used get remade as something interesting.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Lightning Dog

• Ensign
  • Eclectic Electric
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1321 on: April 14, 2021, 09:00:20 PM »

Good to hear! I love the BBs and am happy to hear more hulls are showing up for them. I imagine you're cutting some of the least used frigates?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 14, 2021, 09:39:32 PM »

Nope, mostly destroyers. The Ifrit is leaving, at least in current form, though.

Ramiel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2021, 02:49:49 PM »

I really enjoy this mod but, after I finally found the Blade Breakers, I've gathered a Secure Data Storage and 3 different sigma matters. Are these simply placeholders or are these involved in a quest? I've tried taking them to Mikoyan worlds, but nothing happened anywhere. Help?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 15, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »

Originally, I jumped the gun, hoping it would be easier than it turned out to be to make installable items. Then it turned out only one mod at a time would be able to modify an industry to make it accept a modded item, so that scotched that.

Now that we have more hooks for installable items, well. They're all getting refreshed or new icons, and I'm hoping I can at least make the Secure Data Storage a handy installable on the Sixth Bureau HQ. I'd like to do stuff with them; if nothing else, I'll make them consumables you can trade for unique faction gear.

Stuff takes time, I'm busy, and I'll get around to it, just haven't yet. Still in the point of my update cycle where I'm clearing the deck to work on new stuff.

Mayu

• Ensign
  • Ill-fated Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 21, 2021, 11:21:35 PM »

I'm really glad that this is getting work on and I can't play modded Starsector without DME; I miss fighting the Blade Breakers. A bit saddened here knowing Ifrit is leaving but hey, I'm pretty sure you are cooking up something interesting so all is well!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 21, 2021, 11:44:33 PM »

Yes, absolutely; I'm making great progress, and you're going to find that Blade Breakers are both better and worse than they used to be; thanks to Alex granting us the magic of the "do_not_back_off" hullmod, annoying chases at the end of battles are a thing of the past; all-new weapons and systems along with modified ones and retuned elements here and there should make for a fun and not (too) punishing series of endgame fights. Depending on my spriting workload with the mainline DME ships, I may go back in and touch up some/all of the BB ships, if not radically redesign a few.

The problem is that, well... prior to things like Hybrid and Synergy weapon types, if you wanted to create a faction that existed to drop goodies for the player, you had to make sure that players could mount them in high, mid, and low-tech ships about equally. That led to some bloat. Now the bloat is possible to streamline; because you can make weapons that fit into multiple slot types.

There are still going to be Ballistic and Energy weapons in their lineup, but they have some Hybrid, Composite, and Synergy goodies, too, proportionately more of it is available to the player on a regular basis, and overall, while there's technically less content in the upcoming version than in older ones... you won't miss it. I've trimmed out most of the little experiments that didn't pan out, and I'm giving the rest a good long polish.

Deserter gear has also gotten a makeover, with the Phased Autogun family becoming Hybrid weapons, and several old standbys getting peeled off into a new blueprint package, which I hope to feature prominently in missions...

So, the name of the game is to release slower, but put out something better.

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 22, 2021, 09:20:06 AM »

1) I miss some of my favourite ships (no pressure, as it would cause any...)

2) What's the deal with space nazis and why it has a place in FAQ?!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 22, 2021, 09:25:02 AM »

1) I am nearly as excited to be done and have it out as you are to play it. It's going to feel like a completely new mod. I'm really, really happy with how the big content revamp is going.

2) That falls under the purview of discussing moderation decisions, which we don't do here, so I'm going to tread carefully; we used to have a legit German neo-Nazi on the forums and he... let's put it this way, was not subtle about it. It got a lot of people's goats. My goat did not remain securely tethered either, so I said something about it.

More generally, I think 'lolol space Nazis, in space' is lazy faction design and results in low-effort junk. Not to mention the people who are into those aesthetics because, actually, they think Hitler was a swell guy. Whatever your politics, you can do better; come up with new authoritarian baddies. I did.

Ramiel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 22, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »

I don't see why we can't have a legitimate nazi/ nazi Star Sector faction. We need to have someone everyone can hate and bully after all....

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 22, 2021, 09:34:37 AM »

1) I am nearly as excited to be done and have it out as you are to play it. It's going to feel like a completely new mod. I'm really, really happy with how the big content revamp is going.

2) That falls under the purview of discussing moderation decisions, which we don't do here, so I'm going to tread carefully; we used to have a legit German neo-Nazi on the forums and he... let's put it this way, was not subtle about it. It got a lot of people's goats. My goat did not remain securely tethered either, so I said something about it.

More generally, I think 'lolol space Nazis, in space' is lazy faction design and results in low-effort junk. Not to mention the people who are into those aesthetics because, actually, they think Hitler was a swell guy. Whatever your politics, you can do better; come up with new authoritarian baddies. I did.

1) I am REALLY excited now.

2) WOW, Really? Also, Hollywood already run that spring dry. We need new baddies. I'm on the same page there.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 22, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »

We need to have someone everyone can hate and bully after all....

...you do realize DME has an entire NPC subfaction with examples in the OP that is, in fact, there for you to hate, right? I can guarantee you nobody has guessed their inspiration yet, though.

In the mean time, sing! It's good for you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:43:37 AM by Harmful Mechanic »

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 22, 2021, 09:39:49 AM »

We need to have someone everyone can hate and bully after all....

...you do realize DME has an entire NPC subfaction with examples in the OP that is, in fact, there for you to hate, right? I can guarantee you nobody has guessed their inspiration yet, though.

Oh my it's catchy. I think i'm gonna sing it all the night :D

Edit: Not cool.

Edit2: Ok, cool :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:45:51 AM by Lathrael »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 22, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »

Hey, so, I don't know who sent me four donations in a row or if they post here, but as long as you're around, I gotta say; I have a pretty comfortable life these days and I'm not in this for the money, but fellow modder MesoTroniK very much could use the money if you've got it and the urge to spread it around.

DME exists in current, enjoyable form largely because Meso took the time to teach me some very basic best practices and share some invaluable scripts with me. I'd take it as a personal favor if people who think of donating to me would go donate whatever they were going to give me to him instead.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1334 on: April 22, 2021, 01:38:34 PM »

fellow modder MesoTroniK very much could use the money if you've got it and the urge to spread it around.

DME exists in current, enjoyable form largely because Meso took the time to teach me some very basic best practices and share some invaluable scripts with me. I'd take it as a personal favor if people who think of donating to me would go donate whatever they were going to give me to him instead.

What a good sentiment, big ups bro. Also love the mod good work man.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90