Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101

Author Topic: [0.9.5a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.54a - The fix is in.  (Read 680592 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1155 on: May 01, 2020, 07:30:54 PM »

Hi there! Hope you're doing okay with the pandemic floating around. I wanted to start by saying that I've been really enjoying your mod so far and wanted to report a possible bug.
I'm doing okay - bored, but, what can you do? Less modding has been happening than you'd think, but some - hoping to make a little bit more progress first, but a release might have to happen at some point just for all the minor fixes that have piled up.

I've been doing a playthrough with the Brave Blade recently and noticed that if the rear module gets destroyed and I redeploy then the ship instantly gets destroyed when starting.

steps to reproduce when in combat:

1) get module destroyed, the most common method I've seen for this is when fighters die or lose engines when on top of your ship. I've also heard that torpedoes with particularly large explosions can also cause this.

2) full retreat from battle.

3) at the start of the next round deploy the brave blade, it will suddenly explode and get disabled.

Thank you for your assistance and I hope you have a good day today!
That's intensely weird (just tried it). Not sure what there is to be done about it - I can certainly look, but the answer may end up being a redesign of the ship sans module.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

SapphireSage

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 03, 2020, 10:43:39 AM »

Haha that's okay, don't worry too much about not being productive enough amidst all this, many peeps are being more slothy than usual during all this.

I wonder if this occurs for all ships with modules or if its just the brave blade? It might be possible that the placement of the module or some special script that might be causing issues that comes up during deployment. Hmm, next chance I get I'll do a test where I deploy the brave blade after initial deployment and see how it goes.

tomatopaste

• Commander
  • Gentle Mann of Leisure
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 03, 2020, 05:03:23 PM »

The module OP bug causing this was an issue with scy ships recently I think.

PSA if you are making a ship that ONLY has pure armor modules (no weapon, no wing, no system), then you MUST add at least 1OP to one of the modules, otherwise the ship will explode upon deployment if any of the modules has been destroyed in a previous engagement.

(and yes, that was one fun bug to track down)

(quote from tartiflette)
Hope that helps

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 03, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »

I will go fix that right away. Thanks for the heads up.

(I'd say I have...oh, two more things I'd like to get sprited and in game before I release, but this fix means I really ought to put something out soon.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:36:35 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

CyreCyre

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 09, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »

Just a quick question. Do Blade Breaker Deserters spawn randomly? Haven't been able to find any. Love the mod by the way!
My favorite weapon? It's the shovel. You can kill someone with it then bury the body.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 09, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »

Just a quick question. Do Blade Breaker Deserters spawn randomly? Haven't been able to find any.
They do not! I've thought about having them eventually spawn if the player doesn't find their blueprints by a set date, but that's a ways off if ever. At the very least, I want to see what the vanilla game's storyline and timeline are like.

Love the mod by the way!
Glad you like it.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1161 on: May 10, 2020, 10:59:28 PM »

btw, Blade Breaker weapons arent correctly costed anymore imo. In the olden days, BB stuff slightly outperformed or was on par with the other olden factions...but not anymore.  Ive adjusted nearly the entire line downwards by 2-5 points and it seems to fit in with nicely with everything else now. I started with the stuff that was 40 and worked my way down.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:28:26 PM by grinningsphinx »

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: May 11, 2020, 02:18:13 AM »

So I came across another odd occurrence when playing. I'm not entirely sure if it has more to do with this mod, or Nexerelin, so I'm posting it here first. I noticed a ways into a playthrough that a faction had colonized the Sigma world with all the BladeBreakers around it. I tried to visit it, but I was unable to. A bit odd, but easy enough to ignore.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 11, 2020, 06:38:58 AM »

So I came across another odd occurrence when playing. I'm not entirely sure if it has more to do with this mod, or Nexerelin, so I'm posting it here first. I noticed a ways into a playthrough that a faction had colonized the Sigma world with all the BladeBreakers around it. I tried to visit it, but I was unable to. A bit odd, but easy enough to ignore.

I really do need to figure out how to block AI colonization of Sigma worlds. It's a stumbling block to having more of them.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #1164 on: May 12, 2020, 03:25:25 AM »

I really do need to figure out how to block AI colonization of Sigma worlds. It's a stumbling block to having more of them.
Huh, this is an issue I hadn't heard about before (and I'd expected the massive hazard rating to make it very unlikely).

For now, factions already won't colonize in a star system that has any of the following:
- System has a neutron star
- Has an (in-economy) market, and colonizing faction isn't system owner
- Has no market, but has a station-type fleet, or a hostile fleet of at least 25 FP
- Has no comm relay and no unoccupied stable locations

For future Nex versions I can do one or more of the following:
- Don't colonize planets whose (condition-only) markets are non-neutral
- Implement a market/system memory key and/or entity tag that blocks colonization
- Something else?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 12, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »

I'll point out that the Vayra's Sector mod also includes faction colonization - and I'd expect that the "or a hostile fleet of at least 25 FP" would lock out the sigma worlds.

...Probably?  I guess it depends on how "hostile" is defined, and whether anyone has managed to make their faction non-hostile to the Blade Breakers.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 12, 2020, 10:13:29 AM »

I'll point out that the Vayra's Sector mod also includes faction colonization - and I'd expect that the "or a hostile fleet of at least 25 FP" would lock out the sigma worlds.

...Probably?  I guess it depends on how "hostile" is defined, and whether anyone has managed to make their faction non-hostile to the Blade Breakers.
For a while, a running design sore was Diable overriding my 'hostile to all' setting. I'm planning to change that.

I think the issue is mostly cropping up when players have cleared out the fleets in the system, though. So I might have to make things nastier.

Tase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 12, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »

Are there alternate color palettes for the ships? Just wondering, they look too clean.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 13, 2020, 06:33:09 AM »

Are there alternate color palettes for the ships? Just wondering, they look too clean.

I might do some alt skins after I finalize the artwork for everything - dirtying up the hulls is one of those backburner tasks I'm going to get around to eventually but probably only after I've got the last few bits of content in and I can sit down and do it all in one pass.

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 17, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »

Minor balance issue related to the Kostroma system, the amount of freebies in the inner ring system is a bit excessive. It beats anywhere else as the best place to go to make money early on between the large piles of supplies and fuel, the pirate base seemingly always paying ~30C for metals, and being able to sell any blueprints found in weapon caches at a 3% tariff on La RĂ©ole if wanting to avoid selling blueprints on the black market. Weapon caches can seemingly have derelict defenders too which is a bit out of place in the inner ring system of a core world system.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101