Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

which is the good ship?

parrot
- 67 (37.9%)
scythe
- 39 (22%)
nevermore
- 71 (40.1%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: SPIRAL ARMS: Sprite Dump, Free to use, No Sprite requests, Free Puppies  (Read 447542 times)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: SPIRAL ARMS: Sprite Dump, Free to use, No Sprite requests, Free Puppies
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »

Great pieces of art, i suppose they are 3d renders from homeworld or something?

Don Don Pachi

Well i'll be damned.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 10, 2015, 07:48:52 PM »

Time to send my old designs to the ol' Grinder Machine.

Goodbye, Argonaut Mk 1 & 2, Argon Mk 1, Roc, old Beatdown and King Beatdown.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 15, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Can I take this home? Please?~! @p@
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »

Don't make me send 3 Ionmasses to hunt you down, EI.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:53 AM »

Hey Helmut, I need to go ahead and give the Kintsugi ships that I'm using names and IDs that aren't placeholders. I looked up the background of the word Kintsugi, and immediately made the connection to your aesthetic, pretty clever. ;) So, did you have any ideas of names for the ships or should I attempt to just go with something appropriate in theme?

I'm using the following models.

Spoiler
[close]

Also, while they're pretty much 'made' in the above roles, I'd be perfectly willing to take any design concepts in mind from you. They're not set up as a faction/star-system, as I'm always playing catch-up with the updates (and losing), so I've resolved to just make the ships I like, balance them, keep them updated and make missions arcs involving the various factions.

It's also using some of your pirate stuff, and Psiyon's two contribution threads. (I still feel my art isn't up to par and is therefore on the back-burner.)

Edit; As an afterthought, I haven't put the Carrier directly next to the other Kintsugi ships, and it's not quite there in terms of their aesthetic. I can replace the weapon slots myself, but my attempts to recreate your gold filigree aren't quite matching up, and I'd like to match it exactly; what was your process on that?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:32:03 AM by Austupaio »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »

Eh, that's funny to see your interpretations of my ships. For example, in my mind your cargo was supposed to be an AWACS. The sensor frigate on the other was pretty much a mobile large energy mount.

For the names, i originally wanted some weird names made of numbers, like with some cars brand (I-100, IC-300, etc...) but only for the frigates. The bigger ships would have generic Japanese names instead, as i imagined them as a whole different brand of ships compared to the frigates. That's why the carrier is quite different from the others, i wanted to get a late core-era style similar to the Apogee or the Odyssey. Experimental, high-tech frigates with bigger, semi-civilian support ships.

Alas, could never get it right, that's why it is unfinished, and alone. The "drone tender" was just a spriting experiment, never satisfied me either.

For the gold lines, there's no clear trick to get them. Lot of layers and filter stacking on photoshop, then some fiddling with opacity... Sorry if i can't be more clear, my photoshop files tends to be bloated with a lot of random, undecipherable stuffs (MesoTroniK can probably attest).

Anyway, i hope you'll manage to get something out of them. Maybe if you can  get out a workable version of Kintsugi, it'll give me a good excuse to try to finish their goddamn sprites.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:31 AM »

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't be spot on, role wise, as it's easy to interpret things very differently with only one image to reference, although I figured the cargo ship had a slightly different intention, I did want this faction to have its own support network.

However, I can definitely see ways to work both of your concepts in on top of mine, besides the more options a support vessel gives, the more likely it will be deployed instead of just sitting out every battle.

I'll think about your naming scheme as well and come up with something for each of those, and yeah, if you ever want to take the ships back or collaborate with me, just let me know. They're yours after all, I'm just giving them a little life.

As for them not being quite done, like the drone tender, they look fine and complete to me. I think it's just easier to be less critical of others people's work, which is why I can't get happy with my stuff, either. :D

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

I almost lost it there grabbing the ship, since I realized it was Blackrock technology with a nice paintjob.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile

[/spoiler]

Oh. Can I take those parts for my ships, please? >w<

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

On my side, i'm okay. However you'll have to send a pm to Cycerin to ask for his permission to use it, as it is originally a Blackrock sprite.

But yeah... I think i'll have to rework my post, to see whether which sprite is freely available or not. This is such a headache to deal with...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »

Photoshop scripts and CrazyBump settings I use for dealing with materials, normals, and surfaces.  Raw, unedited, etc. etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

On my side, i'm okay. However you'll have to send a pm to Cycerin to ask for his permission to use it, as it is originally a Blackrock sprite.

But yeah... I think i'll have to rework my post, to see whether which sprite is freely available or not. This is such a headache to deal with...

I was fine with you kitbashing the sprites I gave permission for, and using them in your little bounty mod. But I'm not ok with them just being up for grabs now. To make it easier: Just add a short comment under the 2 Project Batavia, 3 Antediluvian, and the Zorg Cube that permission has to be asked first. Ignore that, I see you've already updated your post to reflect the need to ask permissions first for some ships.  :) Just don't want my work surfacing somewhere without me knowing, you'll understand. :)

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just don't want my work surfacing somewhere without me knowing, you'll understand. :)

Who wouldn't? )o)

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »

I just want to check on these since there's been a little controversy lately. Is there any conflict with my usage of these, such as them already being used in a mod (I don't know what's in Starsector+ for example) or pieces of them being from other artists?

I actually will be releasing my mission pack soon so I'm checking in now so I can remove/replace any conflicts.

Plus the Kintsugi stuff you're already aware of, and Psiyon's two threads.

Spoiler

Also using this, but modified a bit.

And this, but I've removed the Scy engines.
[close]

Thanks, Helmut.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:54 AM »

Double-post. Actually Tartiflette PMed about the modified Nemean Lion, I didn't recognize at first, other than the engines. Anyway, that ship's usage is fine.

Would still like your input on the rest, just to be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40