Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Game: Can't get past ship selection  (Read 1902 times)

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
New Game: Can't get past ship selection
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »

Starting a new game I select my name, my role (smuggler, bounty hunter, etc) and then select my starting ship. After that the process does not advance. I can select the ship ove and over but there is no further progress on creating the game. This is the latest version 7.2a rc 3. I can play missions just fine, however.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New Game: Can't get past ship selection
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »

Hmm. Can you try a clean install of the game? By that I mean manually deleting the Starsector folder and then reinstalling. Make sure to copy over any mods etc you want to keep, first.

Also, is this vanilla or with mods? If it's with mods, I'd try disabling all the mods first; otherwise go with the clean install.

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »

Yeah, its with mods. I tried disabling the mods but the game wouldn't even load.
Interestingly, I can load and play saved games just fine. I just can't start a new one. I'll try a clean install later this week and report back.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »

Yeah, its with mods. I tried disabling the mods but the game wouldn't even load.
Interestingly, I can load and play saved games just fine. I just can't start a new one. I'll try a clean install later this week and report back.
Also list your mods
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too