Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crazy Torpedo Disaster  (Read 10275 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Torpedo Disaster
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »

You linked your Twitch, and the last 30 or so VODs show up there in broadcast history.

BeanyUndead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 06:14:33 PM »

This is p. funny.
But for maximum pedant points, I'd like to point out that it's only a 'Red October' if you hit yourself with a missile you fired.

The scene in question:

Herpderp words on the internet etc.

LOL! You are right of course! In fact, my chat pointed that out on my last Stream! Ah, the Hunt for Red October...I'll have to see if it is indeed possible to torpedo yourself...if anyone can do it, it's me :)

BeanyUndead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »

You linked your Twitch, and the last 30 or so VODs show up there in broadcast history.

Ahh, of course. That explains it. Lol! I'm thinking of uploading them all to YouTube...I have been playing it for hours now. Seriously, this game is so good I don't know why it isn't well known.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »

LOL! You are right of course! In fact, my chat pointed that out on my last Stream! Ah, the Hunt for Red October...I'll have to see if it is indeed possible to torpedo yourself...if anyone can do it, it's me :)

Torpedo, teleport, boom?

Torpedoes get initial speed from ur ship? ...... if ur moving backwards does the torpedo move slower??

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 06:17:14 AM »

Seriously, this game is so good I don't know why it isn't well known.
i think it's, to some degree, intentional. publicity (like streams, articles, recommendations to friends, etc) is appreciated, but Alex doesn't want to expose the game to the big steam audience until it's done, or close to it.

at least, that's how i understood it.

Torpedoes get initial speed from ur ship? ...... if ur moving backwards does the torpedo move slower??
yeah, speed and direction of the firing ship's movement has a big effect on speed and direction of the torpedo's initial movement. firing a torpedo while moving towards the target at high speed (particularly with ship systems like BRDY's Burst Maneuvering Jets) can make it a lot more deadly, giving the enemy less time to dodge or destroy it.

Jerry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 06:42:05 AM »

Ahh, of course. That explains it. Lol! I'm thinking of uploading them all to YouTube...I have been playing it for hours now. Seriously, this game is so good I don't know why it isn't well known.

It's funny you say this... I was just watching a top 10 space games video on youtube. They had the usual Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous... But there were at least 3-4 other ones that could be replaced by Starsector.
Of course, I'm pretty biased!

I know I've showed a few of my friends this game, and they were all impressed. They've all said they would keep an eye on its development. And who knows who they'll spread the word to. One person you show the game could turn into 20.
Pages: 1 [2]