Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pirates with mods  (Read 2371 times)

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
pirates with mods
« on: July 01, 2016, 11:31:26 PM »

is it me or does it seem like with the new starsector plus split mods pirates never fly pirate ships i only see lots of high tech pirates and its a pain in the beginning running into nothing but high tech ships

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: pirates with mods
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:45:21 PM »

i have also noticed you can get just about any ship from any mod at any market its kinda annoying

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »

Do you mean you run in high tech pirates as soon as you start the game, or as you progress pirates seem to have a lot of high tech ships, rather than their normal rusty ones?

I have too seen in a current play I have a lot of them high tech ships. Makes me feels pirates actually are capturing the right kind of ships a lot..... as if the leaders of pirates actually decided to use their brain thingie  and act like I would act if I was a pirate lord XD

Joke aside, I do not dislike it too much, but I would like if it was a bit mixed. But if I had to choose between how it was and how it is, I will choose the how it is. Maybe a negative hullmod on pirate ships to make them a bit weaker, but either way, I still prefer the new way. The reason is that before pirates would finally start using more ships, all the battles with them were eventually boring to the point of sleep. Always the same ships that I could destroy so easily.

They are pirates. They should be using anything they get on their hands, not always the same rust-buckets.

PS: I mean no disrespect with the rust-bucket comment! I love Renegade and Barbarian. Infernus is amusing  and if I ever get a Venom-X I do not complain XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »

You may have been beset by ridiculously high stability in pirate markets - normally they spawn rust bucket ships.  They will pull out stuff like wolves or hectates sometimes, but generally speaking the majority of their ships are subpar.