Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Torpedos spinning wildly  (Read 2303 times)

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Torpedos spinning wildly
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »

Prety much what it says in the title, I'll fire a torpedo at something and it decides it wants to spin in circles instead of going in a straight line. Observed primarily with guided atropos torpedoes but that’s probably because I’ve spent most of my time using them, I’m fairly sure I’ve seen it with unguided hammer torpedoes as well (if anything worse as they don’t have guidance to try to stop the spinning and hit something).

Off the top of my head I would suggest it occurs either when firing at point blank range or when the firing ship is moving perpendicular to the torpedo’s firing vector; I’ll try to remember get a screenshot when I next see it.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Torpedos spinning wildly
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »

Prety much what it says in the title, I'll fire a torpedo at something and it decides it wants to spin in circles instead of going in a straight line. Observed primarily with guided atropos torpedoes but that’s probably because I’ve spent most of my time using them, I’m fairly sure I’ve seen it with unguided hammer torpedoes as well (if anything worse as they don’t have guidance to try to stop the spinning and hit something).

Off the top of my head I would suggest it occurs either when firing at point blank range or when the firing ship is moving perpendicular to the torpedo’s firing vector; I’ll try to remember get a screenshot when I next see it.

Most likely it is because torps now have arming timers and if they strike the enemy before the timer is up then they bounce off and spin.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Torpedos spinning wildly
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »

Ohhh! That’s probably it. Looks like I have to un-learn some muscle memory (although it may have saved my afflictor from point blank ship detonations a few times so I suppose it’s not all bad).