Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108931 times)

Bradley_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
« Reply #1110 on: January 27, 2023, 04:22:41 AM »

You move their sprites (and possibly the other relevant files if the ship changed significantly) from an older version of the mod to the up to date one. If you don't have it, you can't get them back.

They are easily available on github. The question is how do you move them.

SSchorik0101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 02, 2023, 08:30:36 AM »

Some of the bounties need serious re-balancing. A couple of them are unreasonable and just not worth the effort.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 02, 2023, 12:25:01 PM »

The PD Assault Conversion hullmod says it increases PD weapon damage by 25%

But it is actually increasing PD weapon damage by ~1.67%

40 damage -> 41 damage (actually about +0.67dmg) ; a 25% increase would be 50 damage

OldPayphone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 09, 2023, 10:29:54 AM »

I have this mod installed but I can't find the International Bounty Board. Why isn't the location of it on the front page? Kind of an oversight.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 09, 2023, 12:25:47 PM »

I have this mod installed but I can't find the International Bounty Board. Why isn't the location of it on the front page? Kind of an oversight.

it has no set location, it's a bar event that can spawn randomly at the bars of a few different factions.

off the top of my head it's the league, independents, hegemony & church for vanilla, then Interstellar Imperium & shadowyards (and a few others, I can't remember rn) for modded factions.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 09, 2023, 07:05:06 PM »

Some of the bounties need serious re-balancing. A couple of them are unreasonable and just not worth the effort.
are you talking about how the bounty will brag about how such and such has a neat cruiser, and fails to mention the two onslaughts and four mora carriers?

another one i can remember being told about how some guy's flagship was a souped up destroyer, and his fleet usually has a conquest in it

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 09, 2023, 09:03:25 PM »

another one i can remember being told about how some guy's flagship was a souped up destroyer, and his fleet usually has a conquest in it

well yeah, my flagship is a souped up frigate with three capitals tagging along!
Although more seriously, yeah the way that ibb scales bounty fleets can be absurd for what you're getting. at some point i just start going "oh there's the third, fourth, and fifth paragon? console commands: Delete"

SSchorik0101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 10, 2023, 03:26:23 AM »

are you talking about how the bounty will brag about how such and such has a neat cruiser, and fails to mention the two onslaughts and four mora carriers?

well yeah, my flagship is a souped up frigate with three capitals tagging along!
Although more seriously, yeah the way that ibb scales bounty fleets can be absurd for what you're getting. at some point i just start going "oh there's the third, fourth, and fifth paragon? console commands: Delete"

The two in question are Trilby Enlightenment with the near endless carriers and Odyssey's and the souped up modded Astral class and Helmut Pulmenti with that Titan-X that can spam infinite missiles. For their difficulty their bounties are way too low and need a serious nerf to match said bounties.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2023, 11:43:07 AM »

So I got the excelsior with everything recoverable but it's not as good now. Because when I fought it, it was jumping all over me and I could barely get a shot in. What kind of loadout should I use? Also I'm not piloting it, I've got a different ship and for certain reasons I'm staying on it.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2023, 03:37:03 PM »

So I got the excelsior with everything recoverable but it's not as good now. Because when I fought it, it was jumping all over me and I could barely get a shot in. What kind of loadout should I use? Also I'm not piloting it, I've got a different ship and for certain reasons I'm staying on it.

One of the reasons why the Excelsior is OP that not many realizes is that the pilot from the bounty has every possible pilot skill available and more, and it's also of reckless personality, meaning he will just take suicide dives that it can very easily survive because it has resources to spare thanks to it's insanely boosted stats.

The Excelsior is one of those ships that will scale particularly high on a skilled pilot but will also fail miserably if it's pilot does not meet it's high standards.

In short: You jst have to gitgud.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 22, 2023, 11:54:14 PM »

Ok, I'm adjusting max officer levels then.

Edit: Wait, did you say " every possible pilot skill available and more"? Does that mean that bounty pilot have skills unique only to themselves? Might have to check out if I can capture officers.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:22:48 AM by power12359 »

st0mpa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 23, 2023, 08:33:51 AM »

I found a small little bug that effects basically no one but the Shimmer carrier ship is listed as a warship and not a carrier which means it ends up dominating the fleet composition with carriers.

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2023, 01:08:34 AM »

How can you get the Cathedral ship ???

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2023, 01:16:51 AM »

it's just a rare ship that the church knows, they pop up from time to time
one time I had 2 float past me as hyperspace derelicts

zkamarov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 29, 2023, 04:34:52 AM »

Hello Sir Revenant, Great mod, I really enjoys it ever since years ago ;D

However, I would like to report a crash with the Excelsior when it absort a termination sequence drone sometime, the crash code is the same as the termination sequence drone crash, I currently dont have it on hands with me but will try to recreate it if needed. At the time been, I will stay away from fighting Remnant with this frigate.

update: here is the error log I got, it crashes when I destroy a Flare class remnant destroyer, with different ship than Excelsior :(
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.movement.maneuvers.RetreatManeuver.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.movement.maneuvers.RetreatManeuver.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.movement.maneuvers.int$o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.movement.maneuvers.int.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Still seems like something to do with the termination sequence last time I check, happen mostly when I destroy a Flare class within 500 range approximately
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:12:33 AM by zkamarov »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85