Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108254 times)

SOLDIER First

• Ensign
  • Not interested.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
« Reply #1005 on: January 11, 2022, 01:58:45 AM »

Yes, you can change how much DP a ship is worth by going to swp/data/hulls/ship_data.csv. The value you want to change is "supplies/rec". Note that you are directly altering the number of supplies that the ship will consume per deployment to recover its CR, as deployment points are directly tied to the supplies to recover value.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 11, 2022, 04:16:59 AM »

Duel of the Century killed my pride as a pilot.
I won, but it gave me PTSD and helped me find God. I'm gonna retire to Gilead and be a family man.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 11, 2022, 11:55:22 AM »

Awesome, an update. Though I do have some questions.
  * Can currently unlock the Excelsior by completing Duel of the Century (main menu mission)
    - Appears as a unique "Super Ship" choice for the Free Start and Own Faction options
    - Improved Duel of the Century mission
  * Various small tweaks to the Excelsior system and weapon behavior
  * Beam weapon impacts now directly raise the Excelsior's flux
  * Huge UI improvement to the Excelsior's system
  * Profoundly improved Excelsior AI competence
  * Numerous general improvements to the Excelsior look, feel, and UI
- International Bounty Board (IBB)
  * Removed Helios
First question, why was Helios removed? Second, is the Excelsior one of a kind and only available as a starting option after completing the mission?
Also a side question: Are there any other missions that unlock things? Be it from other mods or vanilla. I haven't heard of missions unlocking things before.

Edit: I tried to preview the things in the mod showcase mission, which is added by a different mod, and it says "Hullmod seraph not found". Probably not something that needs to be "fixed", but I figured I would point it out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:48:53 PM by default »
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »

Helios was an upgrade to the old Hyperion. There probably won't be a mod-Hyperion until someone makes a new Helios sprite, based on the new Hyperion sprite.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 11, 2022, 12:03:31 PM »

That makes sense. I never really used the Helios anyway(I'm too bad to pilot it), I always thought it was a recolor of the Hyperion or a slight alteration. That does beg the question of is it ever going to be added back?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1010 on: January 11, 2022, 02:18:00 PM »

With the nerf to the Drover, there’s no real reason the Vortex should still be 15DP. It should either be  nerfed in stats or bumped up to 18DP—as is, it’s stronger than the Drover for no real downside.
P.S.: any way I could make a modification like this myself?

I feel it’s in a good spot at 15 DP.  Mora and Heron are 20 DP.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1011 on: January 11, 2022, 03:00:21 PM »

* Can currently unlock the Excelsior by completing Duel of the Century (main menu mission)
    - Appears as a unique "Super Ship" choice for the Free Start and Own Faction options
  * Removed Helios
First question, why was Helios removed? Second, is the Excelsior one of a kind and only available as a starting option after completing the mission?
Also a side question: Are there any other missions that unlock things? Be it from other mods or vanilla. I haven't heard of missions unlocking things before.

Edit: I tried to preview the things in the mod showcase mission, which is added by a different mod, and it says "Hullmod seraph not found". Probably not something that needs to be "fixed", but I figured I would point it out.
1. Not representative of the base model.
2. Yes and yes.
3. Yes, the Hot Coffee mission from Iron Shell also does this.
4. Seraph isn’t related to SWP.  I’m fairly sure that word doesn’t appear anywhere in the mod.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 11, 2022, 04:25:36 PM »

* Removed Helios

2. Yes and yes.
4. Seraph isn’t related to SWP.  I’m fairly sure that word doesn’t appear anywhere in the mod.
Cool. It's probably just me being dumb with something for the mission not loading.
Also I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I kind of hate the Excelsior mission... Like a lot. Though after it has been completed, how do I even get it? After it was completed, I immediately tried to do a free start and it wasn't an option anywhere. I didn't have time to restart the game today, so is a restart required to be able to choose it?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1013 on: January 11, 2022, 09:06:24 PM »

* Removed Helios

2. Yes and yes.
Cool. It's probably just me being dumb with something for the mission not loading.
Also I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I kind of hate the Excelsior mission... Like a lot. Though after it has been completed, how do I even get it? After it was completed, I immediately tried to do a free start and it wasn't an option anywhere. I didn't have time to restart the game today, so is a restart required to be able to choose it?

There's a weird quirk of the game that requires a restart, yeah.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 11, 2022, 09:14:57 PM »

With the nerf to the Drover, there’s no real reason the Vortex should still be 15DP. It should either be  nerfed in stats or bumped up to 18DP—as is, it’s stronger than the Drover for no real downside.
P.S.: any way I could make a modification like this myself?

No, the Drover should be decreased in DP because its near worthless at 15. You'd have to modify damn near every other mod destroyer carrier if you compared them to the Drover.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:17:29 PM by PreConceptor »

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 12, 2022, 05:57:28 AM »

How often does the IBB bar event happen? Got the first 6-7 bounties pretty early, but haven't had one in a while now (still have 1 outstanding, if that matters).

Unclius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 12, 2022, 09:31:26 AM »

Hi, I noticed the newly added "PD Assault Conversion" doesnt actually work. I tested it with multiple ships, multiple weapons and multiple mods and even bare vanilla, any tips pointers or is it just a bug for RC6?

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 12, 2022, 09:45:31 AM »

There are main menu missions that unlock other things? Is it common for iron shell and this mod or do other mods do the same?
i have never done a single of those missions.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1018 on: January 12, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »

Hi, I noticed the newly added "PD Assault Conversion" doesnt actually work. I tested it with multiple ships, multiple weapons and multiple mods and even bare vanilla, any tips pointers or is it just a bug for RC6?

Heavy Machine Gun + 2x Light Dual Machine Gun (one burst vs. 0.6-efficiency shield) = 492 damage
As above, but with PD Assault Conversion = 615 damage
Heavy Machine Gun + 2x Light Dual Machine Gun (one burst vs. 1750 armor) = 30 damage
As above, but with PD Assault Conversion = 38 damage
Heavy Machine Gun + 2x Light Dual Machine Gun (one burst vs. 1750 armor after a reaper hits in that spot) = 67 damage
As above, but with PD Assault Conversion = 126 damage

I don't know what isn't working for you.  What context are you seeing this in?

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 12, 2022, 09:33:24 PM »

On the Alastor: it has 180 peak time, but it seems like it should be in the 240 bracket along with other midline frigates given its general profile (moderate frigate speed of 125 with slight boost from jets, modest small weapon layout, that sort of thing)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:45:56 PM by PreConceptor »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 85