Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108183 times)

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.4
« Reply #975 on: December 15, 2021, 03:23:53 AM »

Why are you trying to load a 9.1 mod into a 95.1 game?
Because it was a nice mod and I was hoping it would still work.
There is a 'compatible version' on the starsector discord, you can find the link in one of the posts above, its not a full update though.
From what i've read Darkrevenent is working on updating SWP this month so if you can wait, might as well.
I've heard the contrary. As long as he'll be okay, we are still in 'interesting times', then I can wait basically forever.

I just searched on discord and he seems 'alive' and working on SWP? https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/310517733458706442/920473925064998942

Are there any other ways to download that version? Discord says "There are no text channels"

In the starsector discord there are many channels, find the one that says #tournament-chat. Once your in it, check for the pinned messages button at the top right of discord. Click on it and you should see a hilarious lobster, scroll down abit two posts and you should see a zip file called Ship_and_Weapon_Pack_Tourney.7z posted by DR

MercerWing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 16, 2021, 08:39:58 AM »

Found it, thanks!

Edit: Welp guess who got a fatal null
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:08:24 AM by MercerWing »

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 19, 2021, 12:00:31 AM »

Found it, thanks!

If you are craving for a few specific ships or weapons I recommend to rip them out and put them into your own minimod, most of the content does not require the current branch or any of the libraries really.
However, many entries in this mod rely on antiquated stuff that are discontinued, I don't get why are they still included.

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 20, 2021, 04:16:49 AM »

It would be great if the bounties were moved over to MagicLib's new bounty system.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #980 on: December 20, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »

It would be great if the bounties were moved over to MagicLib's new bounty system.

Why?

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 21, 2021, 01:05:00 AM »

Why?
'Cause, lets face it, IBBs are unflexible, one time only and hardly utilized in other mods.

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 21, 2021, 01:36:40 AM »

Why?

Why not? It's a bit cumbersome having multiple bounty systems that accomplish the same basic goal and in my opinion, MagicLib offers the most robust bounty framework I have seen so far. In the past if you wanted to add a custom bounty into your mod it would require the user to have either your SWP or Vayra's Sector, with the bounty system of each being a small part of a much larger mod. Therefore if the mod isn't updated for whatever reason, that content of a dependant mod then becomes inaccessible (I of course understand that a modder is never obliged to continue development on their mods or keep them updated). It also may be the case that a user may not want to install SWP or Vayra's Sector which, again, would lead to a mods bounties becoming inaccessible to that user. MagicLib offers a more lightweight bounty solution being component of a mod that most people are going to install. Also, I might be mistaken but I imagine not needing to keep the IBB part of SWP updated would be helpful, no?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #983 on: December 21, 2021, 11:46:58 PM »

IBBs are my curated system.  The progression of difficulty is planned out explicitly.  They're presented in a specific way that MagicLib's system does not support.  I can fine-tune exactly what goes into each bounty, and many of them wouldn't work in MagicLib's system without heavy modification.  Further, I already did the work of implementing the current IBB system, and would need to rewrite much of it to use MagicLib's system.  Finally, I'd still have to maintain my stuff while also worrying about updates to MagicLib, including potentially dropped or delayed support and bugs that are outside of my control.

It's a good generic system.  I'll probably put some bounties into MagicLib's system.  It's just not what I want for IBB.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 21, 2021, 11:51:44 PM »

I'll add that MagicBounty has a check for IBBs being active. That means the mod authors can implement their IBB ships as MagicBounties themselves, while making sure only one of them will be available.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:53:17 PM by Tartiflette »

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 26, 2021, 07:35:02 PM »

Found it, thanks!

If you are craving for a few specific ships or weapons I recommend to rip them out and put them into your own minimod, most of the content does not require the current branch or any of the libraries really.
However, many entries in this mod rely on antiquated stuff that are discontinued, I don't get why are they still included.

I was going to try this with the Conquest and the rest of the vanilla only added XIV Skins. But then I noticed the Pre-release :D
I had issues with the .variant of the conquest XIV complaining about modded weapons not being installed (I remove said weapon reference) then it was throwing line 2 character 1 errors or something LMAO

Then I noticed the material support (norms/specs) so on and was thinking *hmm, I I'll need to figure out how graphics Lib works*

Then I started thinking hmm, How will I introduce these ships into the seed? via derelicts! welp gotta learn that. either before or after I learn how to make a custom XIV *returning fleet* campaign start :D

But then I found the Pre-release as I mentioned and am like, hmm I'll just do what I normally do and use this and not worry about IBB stuff for now :D

ps...need to hunt down the makers of the XIV skins if i ever want to do a public xiv mod
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:36:51 PM by Otharious »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 26, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »

When this gets updated please make sure to force the IBB agent to spawn at Prism freeport Like before, it's a nightmare to spend 2 months looking for him every time i want to get the next bounty
^^

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 28, 2021, 09:37:04 AM »

Then I started thinking hmm, How will I introduce these ships into the seed? via derelicts! welp gotta learn that. either before or after I learn how to make a custom XIV *returning fleet* campaign start :D
Oh, no, no, no, to introduce a ship into general gameplay, they only need at least a variant created, its role set and marked as known by some faction and they will sometimes simply sale or use the ship in one of their fleets.

Btw normal maps and such are not sought by vanilla, so it will not look for those w/o Graphicslib. All you need for barebone ships is their sprite (two for weapons), their ships.csv entry and the corresponding .ship file. Their variants if you'd like to meet them in-game (Modded weapons are best swapped for something else other than removed.). Skins are even simpler.

I already got XIV and LP variants (even the LP boss Onslaught) working plus some evergreens like the Zenith and Arachne, Miniblaster and Reliant 1OP weapons along with my regenerative missile systems. These items are really good in this mod and unique imo.

What's bothering me is the exquisite category in general. Many mods have extra special ship designs that only spawn with a specific mod dependency (like Vayra's Sector) and I might ask for some help in a new thread for know hows, because it would be great to create a system that collects these ships from every mod that is installed, give them roles and put them in a generated fleet, could be a bounty maybe, dunno yet. Every custom bounty mod is clumsy rn.

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 31, 2021, 03:27:14 AM »

Oh, no, no, no, to introduce a ship into general gameplay, they only need at least a variant created, its role set and marked as known by some faction and they will sometimes simply sale or use the ship in one of their fleets.

Btw normal maps and such are not sought by vanilla, so it will not look for those w/o Graphicslib. All you need for barebone ships is their sprite (two for weapons), their ships.csv entry and the corresponding .ship file. Their variants if you'd like to meet them in-game (Modded weapons are best swapped for something else other than removed.). Skins are even simpler.

I already got XIV and LP variants (even the LP boss Onslaught) working plus some evergreens like the Zenith and Arachne, Miniblaster and Reliant 1OP weapons along with my regenerative missile systems. These items are really good in this mod and unique imo.

What's bothering me is the exquisite category in general. Many mods have extra special ship designs that only spawn with a specific mod dependency (like Vayra's Sector) and I might ask for some help in a new thread for know hows, because it would be great to create a system that collects these ships from every mod that is installed, give them roles and put them in a generated fleet, could be a bounty maybe, dunno yet. Every custom bounty mod is clumsy rn.

hmm yeah I figured most of this out about a day after I posted my message.  variant file is fine and I did get it working with manual console command spawning.   I however don't want any faction to use XIV Conquest and want it as rare single seed spawns similar to the XIV legion

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
« Reply #989 on: January 05, 2022, 11:28:06 PM »

Welcome back!  Sadly, no new quest YET, but there are plenty of other goodies to look forward to...

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.7b) (Updated!)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.6.1) (Updated!)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.10.3i (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.13.0
- Updated for Starsector 0.95.1a
- Added Champion (LG)
  * Thanks to King Alfonzo for the sprite!
- Excelsior
  * Excelsior no longer spawns naturally
  * Added new MagicBounty scenario that involves fighting the Excelsior (if you have MagicLib)
    - Not recoverable
  * Can currently unlock the Excelsior by completing Duel of the Century (main menu mission)
    - Appears as a unique "Super Ship" choice for the Free Start and Own Faction options
    - Improved Duel of the Century mission
  * Various small tweaks to the Excelsior system and weapon behavior
  * Beam weapon impacts now directly raise the Excelsior's flux
  * Huge UI improvement to the Excelsior's system
  * Profoundly improved Excelsior AI competence
  * Numerous general improvements to the Excelsior look, feel, and UI
- International Bounty Board (IBB)
  * Made IBB bar events more common
  * Added Story Point option to the IBB bar event to roll a different bounty target and make the original less likely to show up again
  * Reworked IBB scaling, with regards to s-mods, officer levels/counts/elite skills, commander levels/elite skills, and commander fleet skills
    - Stronger IBB fleets can break the usual cap of 2 bonus fleetwide skills, level 5-6 officers, 1-2 officer elite skills, 12-20 total officers, etc.
  * Defeating an IBB fleet awards a Story Point
  * Iron Shell, Star Federation, and Roider Union have joined the IBB
  * IBB ships are generally always recoverable
  * Removed Helios
- Hullmods
  * Removed Shield Bypass
  * Removed Gunnery Core AI hullmod
  * Extreme Modifications
    - Extreme Modifications no longer grants an OP bonus; instead, it allows you to install an additional built-in hullmod
    - Extreme Modifications becomes permanent if you install that additional built-in hullmod
    - Extreme Modifications' chance for weapon malfunctions is increased to 3%; engine malfunctions are reduced to 1.5% (from 2/2)
    - Extreme Modifications now adds a sliding 10-50% chance increase of critical malfunctions (per malfunction) when CR reaches 40% or less
    - Extreme Modifications' fighter refit time penalty is reduced to 20% from 30%
    - Extreme Modifications (obviously) cannot be built-in
  * Added new hullmod: PD Assault Conversion
    - Costs 4/8/12/20
    - Causes all point-defense weapons to behave like standard anti-ship weapons
    - Increases the ordnance point cost of point-defense weapons by 1/2/4, depending on size
    - Boosts PD range by 25%, damage by 25%, hit strength by 50%
- Vanguard renamed to Caliber
  * Caliber now has Damper Field instead of shields, Rugged Construction built in
  * Caliber armor increased to 800 to 600, hull increased to 5000 from 4500, other stats tweaked slightly
  * Caliber supply cost reduced to 8 from 9
- Miscellaneous
  * Integrated various new campaign features into existing content
  * Fixed the calculation/obscurement of some area-of-effect damage
  * Added fighter weapon descriptions
  * Lightning Gun is now truly hitscan (no more framerate-related bugs or ghost projectile)
  * Various minor-to-moderate optimizations using the new Starsector API changes
  * Fixed a crash when Prism's High-End Seller tried to sell Killer Bee
  * Updated Striker sprite
  * Added Rugged Construction to shieldless ships
  * Adjusted various weapon AI values
- Balance
  * Nautilus cargo increased to 75 from 70
  * Cathedral fuel per light year reduced to 20 from 30
  * Falx engagement range reduced to 6000 from 8000
  * Aegis Flak Cannon damage increased to 400 from 300
  * Shimmer DP reduced to 22 from 25
  * Solar DP reduced to 55 from 60
  * Heavy Ion Blaster OP increased to 15 from 14, flux cost reduced to 900 from 1500
  * Flare Gun type changed to Composite (Missile stats)
  * Plasma Flamer type changed to Hybrid (Ballistic stats)
  * Klutotekhnes flux per shot reduced to 80 from 120
  * Victory maximum crew reduced to 1000 from 1250, frontal shield arc increased to 120 from 90, base speed increased to 35 from 30
    - Victory Jets can now be toggled off (like with Burn Drive)
  * Liberator's shield upkeep reduced to 150 from 250 flux/sec, crew min/max reduced to 500/1000 from 600/1200, acceleration slightly increased, deceleration greatly increased
  * Punisher hull increased to 8000 from 6000
  * Trebuchet OP reduced to 24 from 28, damage increased to 900 from 750
  * Vulture supply cost reduced to 17 from 18, flux dissipation increased to 350 from 325
  * Albatross now has two wings of flak drones instead of one, and Canister Flak x5 instead of Damper Field
    - Increased Flak Drone weapon range to 600 from 500
  * Reduced Circe peak performance time to 360 from 420
  * Increased Eos speed to 60 from 40, increased accel/decel accordingly
  * Vindicator flux dissipation increased to 400 from 350; (S) variant increased to 450
  * Zenith shields improved to 0.7 efficiency from 0.8, arc increased to 210 from 180, flux capacity reduced to 12000 from 13000
  * Improved Archon maneuverability
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:21:16 AM by Dark.Revenant »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 85