Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108486 times)

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.4
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2021, 03:15:11 AM »

It is one of the best modes so far <3

Wanna pilot some Victory-class  :)
Spoiler
[close]

Neygar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 09, 2021, 01:53:23 PM »

Sry if this sounds offensive to someone but THIS mod is almost essential after Nexerelin. I cannot understand why this isnt in the base game by now. I cannot play the game without this mod. Even the vanilla ships, like the low tech ships are far more fun with the new Hull-mods.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 09, 2021, 10:45:02 PM »

I cannot understand why this isnt in the base game by now.
Because Alex has not and never will integrate mod content for good reasons.

LeoSCfan

• Ensign
  • I have no idea what am I doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 12, 2021, 12:35:08 AM »

(Heavy breathing)
I have no idea what am I doing

Paper Kite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 23, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »

Copyright reasons?
I remember Sseth said in his video that he has integrated mod content before.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 23, 2021, 07:07:22 PM »

Copyright reasons?

Yeah seth also said its illegal to transverse jump, he made up alota stuff for his video it seems.

xzardas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 23, 2021, 11:10:17 PM »

Copyright reasons?

Problem with integrating mods are copyright strikes, while it is completly legal (or simply ignored since no money can be made) for mods, when integrated into game becomes prime target for copyright strike.
It is simply not woth it to risk thousants(often much more) in fines for 3 pixels of copyrighted sprite that nobody remembered about.

"inspired by mod" on the other hand when sprites are made from scratch and can not be copyrighted is totaly fine

some guy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 25, 2021, 03:15:19 AM »

...Hope I'm not going to cause trouble by mentioning this, the current version can be jury rigged to work...Needless to say there are problems, first one the custom nex campaign wont work. No clue how, beyond the skills of this hack(me) for now. The main problem is the famous bounty faction having an invalid skill: ship_design just delete and or replace it, the next is you need to fudge the version number and it should at least function, at least it booted for me hope I remembered this right was messing with it on low sleep and high coffee. Welp off to go play with the walls...Hope I also replied right, been a bit since I used a forum. Sorry mods in advance for any issues.

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 25, 2021, 09:18:58 AM »

Sry if this sounds offensive to someone but THIS mod is almost essential after Nexerelin. I cannot understand why this isnt in the base game by now. I cannot play the game without this mod. Even the vanilla ships, like the low tech ships are far more fun with the new Hull-mods.

This is Kind of true, I always thought Eos was a vanilla ship until now.

Barantar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 25, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »

...Hope I'm not going to cause trouble by mentioning this, the current version can be jury rigged to work...Needless to say there are problems, first one the custom nex campaign wont work. No clue how, beyond the skills of this hack(me) for now. The main problem is the famous bounty faction having an invalid skill: ship_design just delete and or replace it, the next is you need to fudge the version number and it should at least function, at least it booted for me hope I remembered this right was messing with it on low sleep and high coffee. Welp off to go play with the walls...Hope I also replied right, been a bit since I used a forum. Sorry mods in advance for any issues.

This actually works. But I got an in battle crash while being hit by Ion Torpedo. Java code tried to call something called Projectile API for onHit effect or something like that and it crashed (text in dialog window).

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 29, 2021, 10:00:54 AM »

Horrible I know, quoting myself. But I managed to dig up something rather pertinent.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7885.msg136419#msg136419

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 01, 2021, 03:55:04 AM »

Considering Dark Revenants recent statement, that it's the quests which take an excruciating amount of effort to port to 0.95, who too would be perfectly happy with a preliminary port in which quests are disabled?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 01, 2021, 04:03:38 AM »

Considering Dark Revenants recent statement, that it's the quests which take an excruciating amount of effort to port to 0.95, who too would be perfectly happy with a preliminary port in which quests are disabled?

I personally see that as a mostly needless way for DR to use his time. Making preliminary 0.95 compatible versions of a mod as you're working on the real deal would be like cooking a meal and finding ways to serve it despite the fact it's still cooking. The effort in providing it would delay the final product even further I'm afraid.

Trust in the Doot, Amazing Works require Amazing time and effort. Much coding and writing trumpeting must be done before he's happy with the result 8)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 01, 2021, 04:25:54 AM »

May be, but i wanna mention that a lot of players skipped those walls of text in original campaign.
Spoiler
[close]

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 01, 2021, 10:17:27 AM »

It would have been nice to make SWP into a Ship & Weapon Pack as-is and then made a Mission, Quest & IBB Pack second... but beggars can't be choosers...
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85