Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108374 times)

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.11.0
« Reply #720 on: July 18, 2020, 05:46:23 AM »

I'm not sure how I feel about the new vindicator, I really liked its kind of angular design. The new Chronos is an absolute upgrade though, it looked really silly before.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 18, 2020, 06:43:17 AM »

I agree about the vindicator, the old design with the sharp angles looked really nice.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »

I for one like the new vindy, all the new sprites look rad

Melbrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 19, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »

I have about 20 hours into my current sector with Vayra, Nexerelin, and some factions on top of your mod. I can't find IBB anywhere, I keep checking Hegemony bars but maybe I am unlucky? Are they rare or do I need to do something to unlock them?

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 19, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »

I have about 20 hours into my current sector with Vayra, Nexerelin, and some factions on top of your mod. I can't find IBB anywhere, I keep checking Hegemony bars but maybe I am unlucky? Are they rare or do I need to do something to unlock them?
You playing on a random sector? I tested this first on a vanilla sector, and the bounty fixers were in every damn bar I entered. Now, however, I am playing in a randomized map, and so far haven't met them either.
Edit: one second after posting this, I ran into one at the Prism Freeport. They are around for sure, but depending on how many civilized markets you have in your sector, they may be hard to find.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 04:05:59 PM by JohnVicres »

Melbrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 19, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »

You playing on a random sector? I tested this first on a vanilla sector, and the bounty fixers were in every damn bar I entered. Now, however, I am playing in a randomized map, and so far haven't met them either.
Edit: one second after posting this, I ran into one at the Prism Freeport. They are around for sure, but depending on how many civilized markets you have in your sector, they may be hard to find.

I am playing vanilla sector, must be bad luck I guess or maybe I have a mod conflict...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 19, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »

Might want to post your full modlist all the same, just in case. The IBB questgivers only spawn at the markets of certain factions don't forget - I can't remember the whole list, but I'm pretty sure the Hegemony, Persean League and Independents are all included.

(All the same, also make sure to check you actually have SWP enabled in your launcher along with your other mods. ;) You'd be surprised how often that comes up.)

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 19, 2020, 11:20:27 PM »

I am playing vanilla sector, must be bad luck I guess or maybe I have a mod conflict...
are you checking independent markets? i think they only show up there.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 20, 2020, 01:25:08 AM »

I'm quite sure the relevant questgivers can be found at any market owned by a faction that is part of the bounty board, not just Independents.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 20, 2020, 02:45:08 AM »

I'm quite sure the relevant questgivers can be found at any market owned by a faction that is part of the bounty board, not just Independents.
Oh my bad  :-X

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 26, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »

is there a option to have a faction but only have its IBB bounty? i love all the ibb bounties but the factions that are needed with them not so much.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 26, 2020, 06:11:27 PM »

is there a option to have a faction but only have its IBB bounty? i love all the ibb bounties but the factions that are needed with them not so much.

Might be wrong, but if you generate sector without a faction and then add it to a mod list, existing save remain functional for a most of cases (not 100%) and there would be no faction. Although, some faction content, available also to vanilla factions might appear in game. So, you also should remove it from them, usually - simple deletion of all <vanilla-named>.faction files in mod. However a) will not work for heavily scripted faction mods.(say hello to errors!) b) some mods adjusted in a way, that their special bounties will appear only on that faction's markets (and you obviously haven't them).

So make a backup save, add that faction mod without a .faction files and you might be lucky.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Cathair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 28, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »

I'm not sure how I feel about the new vindicator, I really liked its kind of angular design. The new Chronos is an absolute upgrade though, it looked really silly before.

The Vulture is also a huge improvement. Agreed on the Vindicator, but the new sprite is a good one taken on its own merits.

It's really cool to see some of the dodgier sprites in here getting some love. Thanks, authors.

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2020, 05:31:31 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I request help with a problem. After much testing and filtering I believe this mod is the reason for my issue. The game loads normally, then a second after the main menu appears and the music starts, the game crashes. I have already made a full reinstall of the mod and the required lazylib, graphic lib and nex.  I searched for similar error messages relating to the line "CombatLayerHook.render(ShaderHook.java:213)" in the log. I have also went through the standard Troubleshoot Q&A and found no applicable solution there.

Found only one thread without a solution: It hinted at another mod not using updated libraries. I updated those already, but the error persists. I therefore think that the libraries are not the issue. I cannot think of anything else i may be doing wrong. I am aware that I use a small amount of mods that are on the 09a level instead of the 091 level, but the game works without problems when they are enabled. Only adding this mod here to the pile makes the game crash.

Enabled mods. json is appended as txt.
The shortened error log is appended.

Thank your for your time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2020, 08:59:43 PM »

Are you *positive* both Starsector itself, and GraphicsLib are up to date?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 85