Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108150 times)

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.4
« Reply #615 on: December 14, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »

I had a similar issue with Vayras Sector prompting me to delete it (though I plan to play around with it next playthrough) - the added d-mods combined with the vanilla ones caused some ridiculous scenarios. Namely, recovering an atlas freighter that had 0 cargo capacity. Then, after a while, I got a prometheus with 0 crew capacity whilst requiring skeleton crew and I think it had 0 fuel capacity as well, which just *** me off enough to delete the mod.

As for SWP, if you also have Nexerelin, it can sometimes be cheaper to not recover the IBB ship, but to buy it from Prism Freeport later on. You can also tweak the settings to make Prism Freeport sell IBB ships regardless of IBB mission progression, as well as a tweak that lets you keep buying the same ships even if you bought one or recovered one.

All in all, sure, some of these IBB ships are nice, but, considering that you generally fight a full-on overpowered fleet with the IBB ships ALWAYS having loadouts that require more OP than they actually have, the whole IBB thing seems like just an endgame activity to me. By the time I can safel get those ships, I probably no longer need them, if I have a fleet that can handle its bounty, and it being weaker than what I have to fight is also a bit of a letdown.

Though, as I get, they are strong in terms of being strong for their DP value, so I guess there's that, but still.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but the new d-mods Vayra's Sector now adds to the game make auto-recovered IBBs really, really bad. You might want to consider reducing how many d-mods an auto-recovered IBB ship gets slapped on it.

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2019, 04:20:46 PM »

I think those might be bugs, xucthclu. You could try reporting them in the VS thread as such.

They're intended to be really really bad.  You're not really supposed to actually use the auto-recovered IBBs in battle before restoring them.  Having a few extra D-mods is just additional icing on the cake.

Oh I totally get that, but surely this isn't intentional?

Or... is it...? I mean if it is, fair enough I guess, though people are saying it's cheaper to not even bother and buy them at Prism instead. ^^;
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:26:19 PM by Captain Trek »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2019, 11:59:21 PM »

Which mod are the Uranium and Crown class ships from?

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 15, 2019, 03:10:25 PM »

Uranium if I am not mistaken is form Lonestate Union, the Crown doesn't ring a bell to me.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 15, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »

Uranium is from Lanestate (Blue), Crown is from Approlight.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »

One more before the year's out.

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.1)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.5h (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.10.5
- Sporeship IBB now drops AI cores (guaranteed at least 2 Alphas)
- Gunnery Control AI recoil / shot speed bonus reduced to 35% from 50%, no longer double-improves decay time
- Extreme Modifications now increases fighter refit time by 30%
- IBBs that are forced to recover now have up to 10 D-mods rather than 20
- Fixed Ray Drone description

Karver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
« Reply #621 on: December 25, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »

Hey, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but is there a way to only get a handful of the ships from this modpack instead of all of them? I didn't see a way to do this inside the options file, and I'm wondering if I missed something, or if there's a method I can use to achieve this result.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »

Hey, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but is there a way to only get a handful of the ships from this modpack instead of all of them? I didn't see a way to do this inside the options file, and I'm wondering if I missed something, or if there's a method I can use to achieve this result.

Unfortunately there's no easy or quick way to do this, but it can be done if you have a raw text editor (Notepad++ or equivalent - don't use a word processor like Word or LibreOffice, it needs to be a plain text editor), a spreadsheet editor (Excel, LibreOffice or equivalent), a rudimentary understanding of [not-quite-]code editing and a good amount of patience and care.

Spoiler

You don't have to remove whole ships from the mod's files to remove them from the game. All you have to do is prevent factions from using them - that stops them spawning in fleets or markets for the most part. It's not perfect, especially not if the mod has custom scripted spawning of ships anywhere, but it gets the ships you don't want to a low enough level you'll probably never see them, if it doesn't remove them entirely.

Ships show up in faction fleets/markets as per tags. These tags are specified in two places: ship_data.csv and the list of .faction files.

NOTE: Before editing any files, duplicate them somewhere as backups!

Let's start with ship_data. The ship_data.csv file is a spreadsheet-form file that lists the stats and some information for every individual ship (that isn't just a skin) with each ship "entry" occupying a column in the spreadsheet. Navigate within SWP's folders to:
Code
data > hulls > ship_data.csv
and open that CSV file in a spreadsheet editor - Excel or LibreOffice is recommended. Scroll sideways until you find the "tags" column, which contains blueprint ("_bp") tags that tells ships what blueprint packages they're connected to, if any. The simplest course of action is to remove those tags from the entries of the ships you don't want to see. Save the file, making sure to save it in CSV format.

Removing blueprint tags from ships prevents those ships from appearing as part of vanilla blueprint packages (lowtech_bp, midline_bp, hightech_bp, etc.), which are connected universally to most factions - which means factions grab any ship with that blueprint tag. However, some ships have a tag "rare_bp", which means they have to be manually specified on a ship-by-ship, faction-by-faction basis. Navigate to:
Code
data > world > factions
then go through each FACTION.faction file, opening them up in Notepad++ or your preferred plain text editor. In each file you should look for the "knownShips" section, find the references to specific ships you don't want, and delete those lines, saving each faction file as you go.

If all goes to plan, you should no longer have the undesired ships spawning in fleets or markets in the campaign game. Theoretically you can do this to an existing save, and ships will just take time to "fade out of commission", but I wouldn't recommend it as I'm not sure what other connotations could exist. If all doesn't go to plan, well... That's why you make backups before editing anything. ;)

[close]

Karver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 25, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »

Unfortunately there's no easy or quick way to do this, but it can be done if you have a raw text editor (Notepad++ or equivalent - don't use a word processor like Word or LibreOffice, it needs to be a plain text editor), a spreadsheet editor (Excel, LibreOffice or equivalent), a rudimentary understanding of [not-quite-]code editing and a good amount of patience and care.

Spoiler

You don't have to remove whole ships from the mod's files to remove them from the game. All you have to do is prevent factions from using them - that stops them spawning in fleets or markets for the most part. It's not perfect, especially not if the mod has custom scripted spawning of ships anywhere, but it gets the ships you don't want to a low enough level you'll probably never see them, if it doesn't remove them entirely.

Ships show up in faction fleets/markets as per tags. These tags are specified in two places: ship_data.csv and the list of .faction files.

NOTE: Before editing any files, duplicate them somewhere as backups!

Let's start with ship_data. The ship_data.csv file is a spreadsheet-form file that lists the stats and some information for every individual ship (that isn't just a skin) with each ship "entry" occupying a column in the spreadsheet. Navigate within SWP's folders to:
Code
data > hulls > ship_data.csv
and open that CSV file in a spreadsheet editor - Excel or LibreOffice is recommended. Scroll sideways until you find the "tags" column, which contains blueprint ("_bp") tags that tells ships what blueprint packages they're connected to, if any. The simplest course of action is to remove those tags from the entries of the ships you don't want to see. Save the file, making sure to save it in CSV format.

Removing blueprint tags from ships prevents those ships from appearing as part of vanilla blueprint packages (lowtech_bp, midline_bp, hightech_bp, etc.), which are connected universally to most factions - which means factions grab any ship with that blueprint tag. However, some ships have a tag "rare_bp", which means they have to be manually specified on a ship-by-ship, faction-by-faction basis. Navigate to:
Code
data > world > factions
then go through each FACTION.faction file, opening them up in Notepad++ or your preferred plain text editor. In each file you should look for the "knownShips" section, find the references to specific ships you don't want, and delete those lines, saving each faction file as you go.

If all goes to plan, you should no longer have the undesired ships spawning in fleets or markets in the campaign game. Theoretically you can do this to an existing save, and ships will just take time to "fade out of commission", but I wouldn't recommend it as I'm not sure what other connotations could exist. If all doesn't go to plan, well... That's why you make backups before editing anything. ;)

[close]

Thanks a ton man, got it up and running in under an hour thanks to this. Merry Christmas, friend.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 26, 2019, 01:16:44 PM »

No problemo. (And a Happy New Year!)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 03, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »

Cathedral-Hubship stop spawning in market, i'm already force it using command console to double-check, it's doesn't appear in Luddic Military Base, instead it's now spawning Legion, help.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

dctchdt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 03, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »

https://gyazo.com/4889eba7fa17c8792cc7cb25e79b5e02

Hey having a problem atm with this mod (one of my top mods for my playthou and pack)

only using these mods and gives that error

https://gyazo.com/817dc8f01060554048ffd8b143e3fefe

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 03, 2020, 10:28:24 PM »

... only using these mods and gives that error

I don't see SWP in that list, and the error is a Nexerelin error (look at the filepath in the error trace). Are you sure you're posting in the right thread?

dctchdt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 04, 2020, 08:09:14 AM »

... only using these mods and gives that error

I don't see SWP in that list, and the error is a Nexerelin error (look at the filepath in the error trace). Are you sure you're posting in the right thread?

yes i just deteled it before i took the photo

Tired removing Nexerelin and starting same error https://gyazo.com/e9916d8332ceec4d530cd325175be771

nm fixed it im a moron XD forgot graphics libs
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:04:44 PM by dctchdt »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 04, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »

... nm fixed it im a moron XD forgot graphics libs

Hehehe, always gotta remember your libraries. (Sorry, I should have noticed that too but I haven't used GLib for quite a while.)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85