Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108115 times)

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.1
« Reply #465 on: June 02, 2019, 06:55:27 AM »

Getting a crash with this error message every single time I use the Cathedral Mine Strike in SIM. Not sure if it works in regular combat.

63624 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI.getShieldCenterEvenIfNoShield()Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI.getShieldCenterEvenIfNoShield()Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.isLocationClear(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:234)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.findClearLocation(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:200)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.apply(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:69)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 02, 2019, 11:24:50 PM »

Update Starsector...

Also, the Version Checker mod is your friend.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2019, 07:20:37 AM »

I have the latest version. I did a clean install since I just got back into the game.The problem is with the Cathedral specifically. Doom works fine.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2019, 09:59:31 AM »

Since 0.9.1a was released, there have been two hotfixes.  You need the lastest one.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »

I have a bit of a gripe about this mod. Specifically the IBB part of it. For reference, I have the Shadowyards mod installed, because that's the example I'll be using.
So when I was going through the IBB missions, I noticed that the unique ships I got from these missions weren't able to fit everything that the autofit slot had on it. In the case of the Salamander, it only had 2 more points. I found that a bit odd, but oh well. 2 points don't matter too much. Especially not on a small ship. So I keep doing more to see what other unique ships there even are. Pretty neat ships, but I keep running into the same exact thing. They do not have sufficient OP to fit everything they had on it when I was fighting it. However, it was always by just a small amount, so I didn't care. They still did good for what they were. Do note, I did have the +10% OP skill at this point as well. However, when I got to one IBB mission for the Odin-class, I noticed that the ship had a large missile on it, but no large missile mount... After defeating it and restoring it, I looked at what the autofit had on it. Sure enough, it had no large missile slot, yet it had a Hurricane MIRV mounted on it when I had to fight it. When I salvaged this ship, it had 319 OP with the +10% skill. I calculated that in order to fit everything that it had on it when I was fighting it, it would need to have 435 OP. In order to even kill the fleet, I needed Blueprints of ships that were better than it. At that point, I might as well just keep using the better ships... If I had the version of it that I was fighting, it would likely be worth using, due to the high OP. I can understand giving them a few extra OP to fit a slightly better weapon to make it a bit more challenging for the player. Make it so the player has to sacrifice a bit if they want the better weapon, or make due with a different one, but putting a weapon that you can not possibly have on it just for the CPU. Why? And the huge gap in OP. I had really high expectations for that ship, and it turns out if I want even close to what the CPU had on it, I would have to put 0 vents and capacitors on it. At that point, it would have a harder time sustaining said weapons. So what would be the point? I don't particularly mind that it doesn't seem like a really great ship or even can really compete at all with the higher up capital ships, but don't make it seem like it may be able to when I'm fighting it just to have it shot down when I actually get the thing. I don't want totally OP ships that are better than the Paragon, but I just want to fight exactly what I can have. Not something with +100 OP to be difficult.

That aside, I do like the mod as a whole. More ships makes the game feel a bit better. Makes it so you don't end up finding the same ship Blueprints in a relatively short amount of time and playing the same way every time because you have the same stuff every time. Instead you have to raid factions to get what you want. The ships don't particularly feel out of place, either.
So yeah... Overall, good job on the mod. Just the one complaint about the IBB....
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »

That's better brought up in the Shadowyards thread, since those ships and their variants are included by that mod, not SWP.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2019, 04:12:29 PM »

Huh. Must have missed that hotfix somehow. Thanks. And banging good job on all your mods. Easily some of the best ones around.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »

Get Version Checker, and never miss an update again!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.2
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2019, 01:51:50 AM »

Balance changes and fixes for you fine folks.

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.1g (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer (Not yet compatible) to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.10.2
- Increased Vindicator deployment cost to 28 from 25
- Decreased Vindicator turn rate
- Increased Cathedral deployment cost to 100 from 80
- No longer shows IBB person in bar if IBBs are disabled in config
- Extreme Modifications can now go on civilian ships with Militarized Subsystems
- Fixed IBBs belonging to incorrect faction

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.2
« Reply #474 on: June 19, 2019, 02:42:42 AM »

don't you guys think ibb ships taking too much supply per month? I mean yeah they are strong(not that strong tho) and unique but they eating too much supply it forcing me to use small fleet. I don't really want to go above 6.0 - 6.5 supply per day. so I can't use them most of the time not going to talk about their restore prices (Iliad restore price is 6.5million lol). I killed many IBBs but i didnt use any of the ships yet becuase of their supply per month. I mean i need to grind money to restore IBBs but then there is supply per month which is too much for me to handle and if i keep them at one of the stations its dropping my salary lol

How do you guys handle that situation?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:45:03 AM by tokmak333 »

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 19, 2019, 02:59:47 AM »

I usually store IBB ships until i can basically override most of problem like money or supplies. I basically hoard them.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 19, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »

What I should do if I wanted to make a mod for personal use that have only bonus paint-jobs/conversions of existing vanilla ships?
Without new ships/fighters/weapons?

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »

I usually store IBB ships until i can basically override most of problem like money or supplies. I basically hoard them.

I do the same. Once you get a a decently colony up and running keeping some supply hungry ships running isn't an issue. The general rule of thumb for me on restoring them is around 3-4 times as much money as it takes to restore. Meaning if restoring a ship or buying a ship that cost 100,000 I try to make sure I have 400,000. I break it sometimes but its served me pretty well. This is partly because I either don't install console commands or force myself not to use it when I'm in pinch. Once you start down that road its hard to stop and I enjoy the game much more without cheating the pants off it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:54:07 PM by Alphascrub »

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2019, 03:13:37 AM »

dont you guys think victory is too strong?
I got this loadout on Victory battleship;
Large Slots;
x2 Mark IX Autocannon (front)
x2 Aegis Flak Cannon (back)
Medium Slots;
x2 Heavy Autocannon (front)
x2 Dual Flak Turret (front)
x2 Sunfire PDE (front) - Blackrock
x4 Gridfire MRM
Small Slots;
x2 Ion Cannon
x2 PD Laser
Rest are Micro Argus PD

https://ibb.co/9wrN0sY

Thats the stats i got on lv50 character ofc its max but i got this ship when i was lv 20-25. When i was around 35 Lv I even defeated an invasion fleet that is attacking single battlestation i just sent Victory Battleship to field against 6 Onslaughts  1 or 2 Legion battlecarriers and tons of cruisers/carriers,destroyers,frigates etc. It was literally 1 Battlestation and 1 Battleship against more than 50 ship

Victory have massive frontal firepower and also enough to defend itself from ships that is flanking. Torps rarely hit the ship since it allows you to get good PD cover. It can also tank and survive most of the time, not even talking about 0.43 shield efficiency i got there.

I think only problem this ship have is its the built in weapon called "Klutotekhnes". That weapon burns up even strongest armor super quickly and dont even require that much Flux. DPS is too much that can wipe out Cruisers within 10 seconds along with other weapons. I think "Klutotekhnes" needs to get nerfed, maybe it should become sniper weapon(firing slow less dps high alpha) like Imperium Caesar Battleship that have long range sniper weapon.  I think only ship that can counter Victory is the Blackrock Karkinos Battleship but only if Karkinos teleport behind the Victory and destroy its engines in 1V1.

Okay so ofc lv 50 player that is commanding battleship should able to take out any battleship 1v1 but it should take sometime to kill battleships, they dont even last 30-45 second. Like i said only problem is DPS. Victory have too much DPS. I think none of the battleships should take out a cruiser within 10 seconds at max range.

Junk pirates also have this issue on Bulldog battleships.
Victory can get 2.2K DPS with just x2 Mark IX Autocannons and x2 Klutotekhnes. If i add sunfire pde and heavy autocannons it will be a lot more.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:15:38 AM by tokmak333 »

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 03, 2019, 05:59:13 AM »

Hmmm, I dont see anything quite out of the ordinary with what you've done. You are using mod, the availability of weapons boost a lot the possible power of any ship. Everything you've done can be done with a vanilla Paragon, especially if you use mod weapons. The set up you have given it should result in quite short practical range. Youve got like a 180 degree angle in the back who are only protected by 2 aegis flak. Ion weapon would easily leave the ship crippled, in fact thats what generally happen when i fight victories in AI Hand. They aren't very dangerous because if you attack from 2 different direction they are totally toast.

You do mention the klutotekhnes specifically as OP, but I dont remember it being so strong. Isnt it just a slightly more bursty Hephaestus Assault Gun? Same damage per bullet, on short burst with same overall dps? I might be wrong for that thought. 4 large gun converging is pretty strong, but thats pretty common in the modiverse when it comes to "forward only" capitals. Just from the top of my head Paragon got 4 large, blackrock got 3, diable got 4, scyan got 3, shadoyard get 3-4, mayasura get 3, sylphon get 3 etc... Its hard to evaluate properly the strength of a ship when controlled by the player, all of the named faction capital can destroy a chain of Onslaught if manned by a player, all of them can erase cruiser. If anything it might just be the paragon being so strong that kinda skew all mods big ship toward Op.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 85