Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108339 times)

fatrat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.8.0
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2019, 12:30:15 AM »

Never really used it before as it seemed kind of weird, but I'm really digging the Plasma Flamer atm.

Now, i want to see how it does vs a fleet.
Maybe this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thf7NbmMzc8

Spoiler
[close]

Okay, now the's *** nuts. O_O

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.8.0
« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2019, 09:07:37 PM »

I can do something about it, actually, but it's a bit janky. Basically, I just need to define the Wall as a cruiser in the role tables...
i am okay with that. I've killed several walls before with three destroyers, so them getting a downgrade in class and appearing more isn't a problem

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.0
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2019, 03:08:43 PM »

Hello.

Thanks to Machine, MesoTroniK, and Tartiflette for the new Zenith!

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4b)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.3.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.8.4z2 (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer (Not yet compatible) to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.9.0
- IBB system works again, is now triggered by bar events; generally reworked
- In theory, boss ships should always be recoverable when you first fight them
- Fixed Punisher spawn rate in Luddic Church fleets/markets
- Fixed Excelsior and Hecate spawn rate in Tri-Tachyon fleets/markets
- Fixed Persean League spawning rates
- Vindicator (S) now has Rapid Ammo Loader (works like Fast Missile Racks for ballistic weapons)
- Completely remade Zenith-class Heavy Cruiser
- Fixed Guardian spawn - won't conflict with the Wall anymore - and Wall can appear in normal Explorarium fleets
- Vortex and Solar shield efficiency nerfed to 0.7 from 0.6
- Circe shield efficiency nerfed to 0.8 from 0.6
- Alastor shield efficiency nerfed to 0.9 from 0.8, but deployment cost reduced to 5 from 6
- Vanguard shield efficiency nerfed to 1.1 from 1, and deployment cost increased to 9 from 8, and OP increased to 85 from 80
- Chronos flux capacity reduced to 15,000 from 17,500
- Balance pass on Drake (half shot damage/flux, double shot rate, reduced speed)
- Various additional small balance tweaks
- Tweaked trails a bit
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:51:03 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.0
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2019, 05:11:19 PM »

Hooray for International Bounty Board missions!

"...seems my intuition was correct, Captain <Player LastName>; you are just the woman we needed..."

I think that's the first time I've seen any mod make use of the PC's gender variable. Did the vanilla game itself ever do anything like this?

Going off on a slight tangent: where in the base game would we even set our PC's gender (besides from savefile editing)?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »

Going off on a slight tangent: where in the base game would we even set our PC's gender (besides from savefile editing)?
It's set based on your portrait choice at start. If the portrait is ambiguous (e.g. helmet with face covered, or a mod using a portrait for both genders), click the generate name button to find out which one it is.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:27 PM »

IBB system works again, is now triggered by bar events; generally reworked
- In theory, boss ships should always be recoverable when you first fight them

I played through about 10 IBB's last night in a new game. In practice, the Mod-ships are only rarely recoverable.
I had to save-load-repeat the battles multiple times to get one of the ships, and in battles with multiple mod-ships it's unlikely to get them all without an extreme amount of loading and repeating.

The later bounties (this really started being an issue around the Ludd fleet and the Diable Avionics tie-in) have fleets that, combined with the player fleet & size cap of 30, are so large that most ships that may have been recovered will get truncated off the recovery list and cannot be obtained.
This can be worked around- for example, to get the Gulf-class Mod Cruiser, I went in with a fleet, destroyed 20 of their ships to get the size under control, then sacrificed my fleet to run away and come back with a second fleet to finish them off: with under 30 total ships in the battle.

It's not exactly 'broken', but the player needs some extreme in-depth knowledge of how the game works to have a good shot at getting many of the unique ships, and intuitive gameplay (they have a big fleet? you should bring a big fleet too) is contraindicated, because that will likely render the player unable to recover the mod-ship.

After those thoughts: THANK YOU! This content is awesome.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.1
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2019, 05:34:56 PM »

Small update for your convenience.

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4b)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.3.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.8.4z2 -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer (Not yet compatible) to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.9.1
- IBBs are now *actually* always recoverable
  * This works by automatically making the IBB ship recoverable, even if it didn't make the "legitimate" recovery pass
  * This only occurs for one IBB ship of each type (so if you fight four Hades, only one is guaranteed to be recoverable)
  * Any ship that gets recovered in this manner has tons of D-mods
- Minor update to IBB spawn locations
- Renamed IBB ship Nebula to Dawnstar

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.9.1
« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37:45 PM »

You are a good human and you should feel good about the things that you do.

Thanks for the quick patch!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2019, 11:51:53 AM »

Just wanted to drop a note here: I like the Luddic Path converted Wolf; having SO built-in is a great way to offset the problems you'd otherwise get with HVDs or other extreme-range ballistic weaponry.

...Also, you were not kidding about those tons of d-mods.  Picked up the Pony last night and I think the only one it was missing was compromised storage.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2019, 03:52:47 PM »

Hey Dark.Revenant,

I wanted you to know that the IBB battles have been some of the most grueling and compelling exercises in strategy and determination I've played in the past several years.
Last night, I spent three hours on the Euphoria carrier battle- trying out different tactics, different fleet configurations to deal with the triple-Astral bomber rushes, etc. Twice, I beat their first full deploy, only to be wiped by their 2nd deploy of four Dooms and several other bruisers.

It was awesome. I hadn't had this much fun before in a thousand+ hours of playing Starsector. I felt like I could try every OP trick in the book I knew, and I had to in order to win, even while losing half my fleet, because they were doing those same tricks. Harbingers dropping my shields then point blank reapers & AM blasters? Yup, they do it. Lots of it. Carrier swarms? Yep, they do it.
Having to play against and beat those tactics was made all the better by the quality and polish of the unique ships and their systems.

This is the best challenging battle content I've played yet in a Starsector experience.
Thank you for the effort you've put into it, and for sharing your mod with all of us.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2019, 04:44:15 PM »

...Also, you were not kidding about those tons of d-mods.  Picked up the Pony last night and I think the only one it was missing was compromised storage.

Poor Pony. Shoot it in the head and end this suffering  ;D

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »

It was awesome. I hadn't had this much fun before in a thousand+ hours of playing Starsector. I felt like I could try every OP trick in the book I knew, and I had to in order to win, even while losing half my fleet, because they were doing those same tricks. Harbingers dropping my shields then point blank reapers & AM blasters? Yup, they do it. Lots of it. Carrier swarms? Yep, they do it.
Having to play against and beat those tactics was made all the better by the quality and polish of the unique ships and their systems.

This is the best challenging battle content I've played yet in a Starsector experience.
Thank you for the effort you've put into it, and for sharing your mod with all of us.

I'm humbled!  Thank you for playing!

Honestly, a lot of that is just Alex's magic at work.  The IBB fleets have a few elements that are tailored for a particular theme or challenge (faction, custom doctrine, officer count and level, OP bonus, etc.), and obviously the IBB ships themselves are predetermined.  However, the majority of what you're facing is just Starsector at its best.  That specific challenging fleet you faced was mostly randomly generated like any other fleet, it's just that the core gameplay is so good that it Just Works.

The Euphoria fight is definitely really difficult.  With the Imperium and Templar mods out of commission for now, Euphoria is the 3rd hardest available stage on paper, but subjectively it might be the toughest one.  Good work!

Toranet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:59 PM »

This mod feels like a nessesity for the base game, if I try to play without it the pool of available vanilla weapons feels realy lacking. Thanks for the amaising mod!
 I happened to stumble upon a crash that happens when Inferno MIRV missile tries to split, I tested it several times and the moment its missiles enter the range where they try to split the game crashes.
 I realy love this launcher. Please test it, I got multitude of mods but I dont think that is the case due to game crash happening spesificly when it reaches the range at which it separates and most of my mods are faction ones. ( I also use nexelerin for mining feature and several mods that have nothing to do with combat)
 Not shure if there are other issues with missile AI's, Harpoons trebusheys and several others work well, its just the inferno's.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:57:34 PM by Toranet »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »

That’s definitely not what I observed during testing.  Can you post the end of your starsector.log after a crash?

Toranet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »

135987 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
137225 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.Object.int.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Here, entered my save where I avoided inferno, got one and run a simulation with it. The moment it was supposed to spread game crashed.
 LazyLib/MagicLib/GraficsLib are all latest versions
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:55:53 PM by Toranet »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85