Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1109011 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.8.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.7.1
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »

It's possible, but I just don't want to deal with the heavy scripting for a weapon barely anyone ever sees, let alone uses.  The Cathedral will eventually be replaced with something else anyway.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2018, 02:27:54 PM »

Spawning a projectile right behind the fighter (or srm shot) with the same vector as the original shot?
And then you get as much extra range as the distance from the gun to the faked hit since the spawned proj get the full weapon range.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2018, 03:01:55 PM »

Spawning a projectile right behind the fighter (or srm shot) with the same vector as the original shot?

Re-spawning the projectile seems like too complex of a solution. A more prudent one would be to make the weapon fire a burst (2-6 shots) of proportionately weaker shots, so even if random fighters or missiles are in the way, at least a portion of the damage gets through to its goal in the remaining projectiles. Though this may require tweaking the fire delay or projectile speed, depending on what the minimum time the game engine requires between shots, so the Redeemer can still hit moving targets as well as before. You may also have to convert it to flak (and quadruple the base damage, to offset flak's 25% damage against ships) so that it will always disintegrate fighters instead of leaving wrecks that still block other rounds in that burst.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

Re-spawning the projectile seems like too complex of a solution. A more prudent one would be to make the weapon fire a burst (2-6 shots) of proportionately weaker shots, so even if random fighters or missiles are in the way, at least a portion of the damage gets through to its goal in the remaining projectiles. Though this may require tweaking the fire delay or projectile speed, depending on what the minimum time the game engine requires between shots, so the Redeemer can still hit moving targets as well as before. You may also have to convert it to flak (and quadruple the base damage, to offset flak's 25% damage against ships) so that it will always disintegrate fighters instead of leaving wrecks that still block other rounds in that burst.
Or you get just big flak who destroy every wings on the path of the redeemer ^^.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »

I changed Ion torpedoes to deal energy damage, and left all other values the same. While a flux torpedo is useful, 6 OP is a lot to ask of a scarce ammunition strike weapon that can't deal any damage.

Any plans on adding a medium mount version of the ion torpedo with extra ammunition? Or perhaps a medium mount atropos homing torpedo?
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2018, 12:39:50 AM »

The Cathedral will eventually be replaced with something else anyway.

What is this heresy? The Emp- er... Greater Ludd will not stand for this! Purge the heretic with holy fire!
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »

Ion Torpedo is really strong considering that when it hits a target, it either adds a lot of flux and disables a few systems (if shields are up) or deals significant frag damage and disables everything (if shields are down). If you can't shoot it down, you have to decide in what way you want to suffer.

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2018, 04:04:02 PM »

Can I request the addition of a ship from waaaay back?
The Parrot from the (I think) original Starsector+ mod was one of my favorite ships ever.
I would love to see it return in some way. I love the way the ships in this mod look now by the way, I haven't played SS in a loooong time.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2018, 10:55:25 PM »

The Parrot from the (I think) original Starsector+ mod was one of my favorite ships ever.
I would love to see it return in some way. I love the way the ships in this mod look now by the way, I haven't played SS in a loooong time.

If the Parrot is the sprite I'm thinking of, then it technically has made a return in another mod, by the name of Discount Shipyard: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12446.0

However, looking at it, I highly doubt it would get put back into SWP without heavy modification, since it seems to be a very old sprite. Of course that's for DR to decide, not me, so we'll await his judgement.  ;)

Also I could be completely misremembering which ship the Parrot is, and if that's the case then please completely ignore this post.  :-X

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »

If the Parrot is the sprite I'm thinking of, then it technically has made a return in another mod, by the name of Discount Shipyard: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12446.0

However, looking at it, I highly doubt it would get put back into SWP without heavy modification, since it seems to be a very old sprite. Of course that's for DR to decide, not me, so we'll await his judgement.  ;)

Also I could be completely misremembering which ship the Parrot is, and if that's the case then please completely ignore this post.  :-X
That IS the old parrot! Second ship in the capitals section.
I quite liked its clunky old tech feel. It felt like driving a really old pickup with a buncha cannons on it.
I understand though that aesthetics and styles change as time goes on so I would also understand if DR chose not to include it.
I figured there was no harm in asking.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.8.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.7.2
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.7.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.2)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.2.1)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Updated) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.7.2
- Updated Alastor sprite; increased HP to 2250 from 2000
- Added Alastor (XIV) skin
- Removed Alastor (D) skin
- Remade default Alastor variants to be much more effective
- Reduced Albatross price and increased peak time

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.7.2
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2018, 10:52:50 AM »

Would the skills that reduce malfunction chance effect extreme modifications?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »

This reply is late, but yes, I believe it does.

On an unrelated note, with 0.9, most of the SWP hull modifications will be removed because essentially-equivalent hull mods are being added to vanilla Starsector.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »

What was the inspiration for the Alastor change? Not that it's bad, just curious.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2018, 04:34:26 AM »

The sprite was just old, sometimes we try to rework some of the old stuff to bring it up to the current standard. Other ships sprites will also be reworked for a future release (Punisher, Excelsior, maybe Vanguard again).
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85